Declan Rice

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

goingunderground
Has liked: 39 likes
Total likes: 42 likes

Re: Declan Rice

Post by goingunderground »

Dec’s been my little ray of sunshine all season - an outstanding breakout debut campaign.

Of course he’s made errors, he’s young and playing for a **** team.

Love to see how many inevitable errors Carragher made in his maiden season. Keep playing him, supporting him, and he can go the distance.

Bright and grounded fella by all accounts.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1904 likes
Total likes: 1612 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

^^^^^

Wiki says Carragher made his debut in 97 and as he was born in 78 that would make him 21.

Rice has a couple of years on him and Owen, Redknapp, Robbie Fowler, Steve McManaman and Paul Ince were in that Carragher team.

As I said earlier, Rice is getting loads of practice..........

:thup: :thup:
Stulaw
Has liked: 16 likes
Total likes: 26 likes

Post by Stulaw »

Cuenca 'ammer wrote:^^^^^

Wiki says Carragher made his debut in 97 and as he was born in 78 that would make him 21.
97 - 78 = 19.

He made his first team debut 20 days before his 19th birthday.

I’d say it’s much harder for defenders to come through now though and Rice has done extremely well.
fmgod
Has liked: 50 likes
Total likes: 145 likes

Post by fmgod »

Been really impressive this season without getting the media attention which is a good thing, is he better in midfield? Wonder how he would look next to Obiang/Noble, could he be the defensive midfielder shield we've been crying out for. Superb season from the lad though, seems down to earth in interviews and happy to be here.
mumbles87
Has liked: 55 likes
Total likes: 935 likes

Post by mumbles87 »

fmgod wrote:Been really impressive this season without getting the media attention which is a good thing, is he better in midfield? Wonder how he would look next to Obiang/Noble, could he be the defensive midfielder shield we've been crying out for. Superb season from the lad though, seems down to earth in interviews and happy to be here.
Why are we so desperate to move one of the best defenders we have had all season into midfield?!

Him and oggy have been great . They are starting to look good together. It’s been a long season but he’s 19. He’s gonna be a starter next year

Replace cresswell , zabs and kouyate should be on the cards whilst keeping rice firmly at the back
Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing
Has liked: 342 likes
Total likes: 362 likes

Post by Clacton-ammer »

goingunderground wrote:Dec’s been my little ray of sunshine all season - an outstanding breakout debut campaign.

Of course he’s made errors, he’s young and playing for a **** team.

Love to see how many inevitable errors Carragher made in his maiden season. Keep playing him, supporting him, and he can go the distance.

Bright and grounded fella by all accounts.
Agree going, one of the very few bright lights in what has been a pretty dire season on and off the pitch. bring on the WC, I'm Romeo done for this season.
fmgod
Has liked: 50 likes
Total likes: 145 likes

Post by fmgod »

mumbles87 wrote:
Why are we so desperate to move one of the best defenders we have had all season into midfield?!
Is he naturally a midfielder? Thought it was where he played for the youth sides and more recently Republic of Ireland?
OFT
Has liked: 2992 likes
Total likes: 1757 likes

Post by OFT »

Rightly praised by Moyes in his after match interview(BBC).
psychoscoredthelot
Has liked: 79 likes
Total likes: 201 likes

Post by psychoscoredthelot »

he reads the game so well

fast becoming one of our best players
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

Don't be surprised if somebody makes a bid for him in the summer
Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing
Has liked: 342 likes
Total likes: 362 likes

Post by Clacton-ammer »

Puff Daddy wrote:Don't be surprised if somebody makes a bid for him in the summer
I think it is too early in his career for offers, certainly for a team bigger than us, like the SKY favourites.
rare as rockinghorse shat
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Post by rare as rockinghorse shat »

Cuenca 'ammer wrote:Wiki says Carragher made his debut in 97 and as he was born in 78 that would make him 21.

Played, Cuenc :thup:
Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham
Has liked: 232 likes
Total likes: 2570 likes

Post by Burnley Hammer »

I'd be happy for him to be a first team regular next season on the right of a back 3. I'd like Ogbonna to shift to left instead of Cresswell, and a new no nonsense quality defender to go between them. Someone who doesn't just hoof the ball forwards. I think we'd have a really good solid defence then.
mumbles87
Has liked: 55 likes
Total likes: 935 likes

Post by mumbles87 »

fmgod wrote:
Is he naturally a midfielder? Thought it was where he played for the youth sides and more recently Republic of Ireland?
Carrick and Johnson were both naturally strikers before finding their positions aswell

Rice is could play both positions however I’d rather spend decent money on a central midfielder and keep rice at the back
Mega Ron
Has liked: 170 likes
Total likes: 175 likes

Post by Mega Ron »

Cuenca 'ammer wrote:Wiki says Carragher made his debut in 97 and as he was born in 78 that would make him 21.
rare as rockinghorse shat wrote:
Played, Cuenc :thup:
Hahaha
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

I remember thinking exactly the same thing when Glenn Johnson appeared on the scene. He looked to me a really good prospect, which he was and thinking what if a club with loads of dough makes an offer and surely enough about a week or so later, lo and behold, Chelsea came in and made a £6m bid, which Brown just could not believe. At time, that was an unbelievable offer, not , surprisingly, about a week later, off he went. Don't rule it out, I think even Pep might come in for him and I can think of one or two big guns in London who might show interest too
hammerleroy

Post by hammerleroy »

fmgod you are spot on. DM for Ricey alongside Nobes/Obiang. Mr. Kouyate one of the CHs with Reid, Ogbonna and perhaps a new signing? West Brom's Dawson perhaps. Burke, I just don't know. Whatever we do we simply must tighten up next term because, and I think we all agree, this season has been bloody embarrassing. :scarfer:
johnnyb
Has liked: 31 likes
Total likes: 65 likes

Post by johnnyb »

Burnley Hammer wrote:I'd be happy for him to be a first team regular next season on the right of a back 3. I'd like Ogbonna to shift to left instead of Cresswell, and a new no nonsense quality defender to go between them. Someone who doesn't just hoof the ball forwards. I think we'd have a really good solid defence then.
Good shout. I can't imagine Cresswell will be part of a back three next season, whoever the manager is.
Cockneyboy311
Has liked: 541 likes
Total likes: 410 likes

Post by Cockneyboy311 »

Puff Daddy wrote: Don't rule it out, I think even Pep might come in for him and I can think of one or two big guns in London who might show interest too
The Daves wouldn't dare, would they?
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 836 likes
Total likes: 1980 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

I very much hope that Declan and Angelo pick up where they left off, next season.