West Ham Utd 3-1 Everton (13/05/18)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Beavis Danzig
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 733 likes

Re: West Ham United v Everton: Match Thread

Post by Beavis Danzig »

Crossd_Hammrs wrote:It tells me that when we had injury problems and needed every single point we could get to escape relegation, he played safe and seemingly tried not to risk losing those points.
didn't much work though did it?

we aren't a good fit to be a stodgy, defence minded club. look at how much better lanzini played today without being weighed under by rigid responsibility.

i want a manager who sees creativity and expression as their most likely way to get a win, not one who sees it as a luxury.
S-H
Has liked: 5739 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

miles wrote:Played some lovely football today. Would be comfortably top ten if not for those pair of ***** Gold and Sullivan.

Corrected for you.
Cardiff here we come.....
Has liked: 108 likes
Total likes: 126 likes

Post by Cardiff here we come..... »

Ludeksgloves wrote:So, what next? Does Moyes deserve a chance to shape his own team over the summer? Or do we try something new? I’m completely on the fence. I think Moyes could “do an Everton” for us though.

I think the Squad will miss the his Staff, more than Moyes.

Very difficult to replace that quality. Irvine & a former U21 England Manager as your Backroom Staff :shock:

Only one happy imo is Andy Carroll who can return to his bone idle self.

This isn't cut & dry for me. If we have seen utter toilet for the past 6 months, I would say get rid/ Dont care if Moyes leaves. But to be fair there has been enough encouraging sides, to give DM another deal. 2 years with a 3rd after a review of the 1st two.

We have played well vs Leicester, Chelsea(H), Saints, Huddersfield(A), Stoke(A) scored some good goals, I know we have seen sh* t as well but I feel we have improved. Look back over the fixtures with DM in charge, we have scored a lot of goals.

Over 27 games he accumulated 34 points. Same form over the other 11 we would have finished on around 51 pts. Top 8.
Crossd_Hammrs
Has liked: 364 likes
Total likes: 209 likes

Post by Crossd_Hammrs »

Puff Daddy wrote:According to todays 'Mail on Sunday' our shortlist has been drawn up. It consists of:-

Umai Emery
Manuel Pelligrini
Marco Silva
and an interesting one: Paolo Fonseca, who has managed Shakhtar Donesk and who is being courted by several Premier League clubs. Don't know much about Fonseca's managerial credentials, but he was a very tasty player, as I recall
Star says we have an agreement in principle with Pellegrini, although he may go to Sevilla.
I can't see us appointing someone without Premier League experience (and Emery is surely fantasy anyway!) so Marco Silva would seem the most likely out of those, and I think he's probably, realistically the right fit for us. Surprised not to see Ranieri linked with us - I would have thought that would be a realistic target (could have reunited him with Carlton Cole too).
Last edited by Crossd_Hammrs on Sun May 13, 2018 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 759 likes
Total likes: 2943 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

Everton were dreadful today lacking application.

That gave our players time and space aplenty to play some champagne stuff .

Dont be fooled though. While you can only beat whats in front of you , Everton were on the beach.

Delighted Collins got his round of applause. A warrior for us and good luck to him in his next venture.
Aceface
Has liked: 358 likes
Total likes: 1446 likes

Post by Aceface »

Notwithstanding everyone on both sides being in flip-flops, when did we last beat this rabble at home? Under Curbs?
vietnammer
Bucky the beaver
Has liked: 621 likes
Total likes: 579 likes

Post by vietnammer »

Aceface wrote:Notwithstanding everyone on both sides being in flip-flops, when did we last beat this rabble at home? Under Curbs?
Looks like it! 11 years...

21 Apr 2007 West Ham United v Everton W 1-0 Premier League
johnnyb
Has liked: 31 likes
Total likes: 65 likes

Post by johnnyb »

Everton were pony no doubt about it but some lovely football from us mainly Mario, Lanzini and Arnie. Not seen much like that since the Payet days. As for Pickford, if he is the next England no.1 we are in trouble.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1903 likes
Total likes: 1613 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

the pink palermo wrote:Everton were dreadful today lacking application.

Dont be fooled though. While you can only beat whats in front of you , Everton were on the beach.

Delighted Collins got his round of applause. A warrior for us and good luck to him in his next venture.

Like I mentioned in another post..Leicester and Everton were two teams who had no interest at all on the day, of bothering much, Amazing how good a team can look when the opponent can't be arsed. If that didn't send a message to the boards of both clubs I don't know what did.

Yet Leicester beat Arsenal and stuck 4 past Spurs.............Everton looked completely disinterested...

Their forum isn't a happy place today..

:lol:
Ludeksgloves
Has liked: 36 likes
Total likes: 456 likes

Post by Ludeksgloves »

I’ve said it before and i’ll say it again: I’d rather have Hart in goal than Pickford, and I’m not a huge fan of Hart.
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 836 likes
Total likes: 1980 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

click for match report...
Patito

Post by Patito »

I’m praying Arnie and Lanzini will still be here in august
Cardiff here we come.....
Has liked: 108 likes
Total likes: 126 likes

Post by Cardiff here we come..... »

the pink palermo wrote:Everton were dreadful today lacking application.

Sorry PP you have been saying that all season. Excuse after excuse to firstly give the team zero credit & also the Manager. Same after Leicester, 'their mind are on their holidays'...who just put 4 past Sp*rs today.we done them 2-0 & in the whole bossed the game.

Not you PP but the same was said after Chelsea win( they played terrible) same thing after Southampton 3-0 win.

Everton in their last seven have beaten Newcastle, Huddersfield, drew with Liverpool but never is us playing well. Not us nullifying & tactically outsmarting them.

As I said, why is this team given no credit whatsoever? Why is it always a fault with the opposition?

We are a good side (when we click)
Diogenes
Has liked: 432 likes
Total likes: 1144 likes

Post by Diogenes »

I thoroughly enjoyed the game today. We played some terrific stuff at times and nice to see Lanzini, Mario and Arnautavic intricate passing. I honestly do not understand those posters who still 'choose' to be miserable. Its your right of course but I hope I never meet you in a pub if I were depressed!
Boleyn Bound
Has liked: 93 likes
Total likes: 72 likes

Post by Boleyn Bound »

We are the society of the eternally depressed nowadays.

Imagine their faces with a lottery win...
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

Don't think anyone has expressed their depression with the win..not that I can see..

it's a match thread, and people are..well..discussing the match............

Bit difficult to talk about a game when two teams were out there..................and you wish to ignore the opponent..

Still you're entitled to your opinion of course..........
Boleyn Bound
Has liked: 93 likes
Total likes: 72 likes

Post by Boleyn Bound »

I was just making the point that it's been a long and pony season.
We got 7/9 points with our last 3 games, irrelevant of the attitude of the 11 players we had to face.
Let's enjoy that, plenty of disappointment to come with the sales of our best players and non-existent recruitment policy meaning this time next year we can look forward to the Championship.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

I am really happy, thought we played well in many places, scored 3 good goals.

Would it be remiss to say that Pickford made a right pig's ear of Arnie's shot or chose the wrong hand (to my mind) with the Lanzini 2nd ?

Had Hart of Adrian made those types of errors both would be lambasted...

Quite why Tony Gale (if that's who it was) said it was absolutely unstoppable and "gathered pace as it went in" I have no idea.

Lanzini, Mario and Arnie looked good, the back line solid, the midfield kept things ticking over. If Everton could have tried harder or not I have no clue. As Pinky said earlier, you can only play who is in front of you. We won and I cheered the goals as they went in.

I thought to be honest Zabaleta was the best player out there, but can see why they gave it to Lanzini. His overall attitude and effort can't be faulted imvho. Cracking professional and a great example to young players. Rice has come on in leaps and bounds, the back 3 at the end was one I think would be a better fit for us (with someone replacing Ginge obviously) and would give us a little better balance. Would require Reid to stay fit and for us to buy another CB (or 2).

There are glaring holes that need to be fixed. Thinking that this team would finish 11th next season would be completely wrong.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

Apparently, Fonseca has a reputation for playing, fast, attacking, entertaining football. I am quite intrigued about him
Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham
Has liked: 232 likes
Total likes: 2563 likes

Post by Burnley Hammer »

I think Arnies goal definitely had a double swerve on it, which is what caught the goalkeeper out. It was like when you belt one of those lightweight 99p footballs for kids