West Ham Utd 3-1 Everton (13/05/18)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Coops
Has liked: 442 likes
Total likes: 573 likes

Re: West Ham United v Everton: Match Thread

Post by Coops »

There was a punch up in the corner of the East Stand. It happened right at the end during the lap of honour, everybody was happy, singing songs and suddenly it kicked off. two blokes going at it with one getting a boot in the head. The stewards just watched it happen, some of hem were laughing about it.
johnnyb
Has liked: 31 likes
Total likes: 65 likes

Post by johnnyb »

Coops wrote:There was a punch up in the corner of the East Stand. It happened right at the end during the lap of honour, everybody was happy, singing songs and suddenly it kicked off. two blokes going at it with one getting a boot in the head. The stewards just watched it happen, some of hem were laughing about it.
Another attempted ruck from two blokes out of the lower Bobby. Stopped by stewards before it got out of hand. Same thing happened Thursday. Different blokes. All looked well pissed up. F*cking idiots.
goa127
Has liked: 440 likes
Total likes: 290 likes

Post by goa127 »

interplay between Mario, Arnie and Lanzini showed how the system can work attack wise, and it produces classy goals. Everton replied of course with a typical alladyce inspired goal. Great afternoon out today, shame there's been so few recently.
Officer Dibble
Has liked: 40 likes
Total likes: 60 likes

Post by Officer Dibble »

Just home from work, watched the goals.

The way Pickford fell to his knees for Arnautovic's goal reminded me of Phil Parkes for Johnny Metgod's strike all those years ago.
Doc H Ball
Has liked: 916 likes
Total likes: 1918 likes

Post by Doc H Ball »

Officer Dibble wrote:Just home from work, watched the goals.

The way Pickford fell to his knees for Arnautovic's goal reminded me of Phil Parkes for Johnny Metgod's strike all those years ago.
I thought the same. At least Phil had the excuse that he didn't have any.

Pickford was clearly rattled after that. Worrying for our chances of doing anything in Russia, but good fun on the day.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Post by Colours never run »

Although I still think Pickford should have done better, in his slight defence having also been right behind that pile driver from Arnautovic, it swerved like f*** in the air after being absolutely battered by Arnies boot. There were definite visible tears too from the young Keeper after all the piss taking. :cry:
Chicken Run Supreme
Has liked: 855 likes
Total likes: 823 likes

Post by Chicken Run Supreme »

The Old Man of Storr wrote:
Whereabouts mate ?

Join The Collector and myself up here on Skye , we'll soon have enough for a 5 Aside Team . :)
Will be on the other side of Scotland. Nearest team will be Arbroath but Montrose, Brechin and Forfar are all nearby. Dundee is only an hour away so there's another two clubs and Perth isn't too far away if I want to take in a St Johnstone game. Aberdeen is also just an hour or so up the road as well. A plethora of football to take in. I am planning on visiting all of the above grounds once we've moved but will still endeavour to get back down a few times each season and might try and get to Newcastle away which I've never done before.

As for yesterday's game, regardless of whether Everton were up for it or not, I thought we played some nice football and kept at it for the full 90 minutes for a change. There was some sadness as I knew it would be my last as a season ticket holder but it was still an enjoyable afternoon. There was more sadness at the end with James Collins and I don't mind admitting to getting a little misty eyed myself. I hope that wasn't his last game for us and I hope Noble's speech at the end carries some clout at the club. I don't want him to leave us. He loves us and can always be relied on to put nothing less than 100% into every minute he might get. He is a warrior that can be called on when we need him. He should be getting his coaching badges and start being integrated into our backroom staff - we need to start creating some succession planning and keeping people like Collins within the family.
BabyClaret
Has liked: 20 likes
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by BabyClaret »

Officer Dibble wrote:Just home from work, watched the goals.

Brezovan did that to a Vaz Te shot when we spanked Brighton in the Champ
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2424 likes
Total likes: 2636 likes

Post by sendô »

Chicken Run Supreme wrote:Nearest team will be Arbroath but Montrose, Brechin and Forfar are all nearby. Dundee is only an hour away so there's another two clubs and Perth isn't too far away if I want to take in a St Johnstone game. Aberdeen is also just an hour or so up the road as well. A plethora of football to take in.
I'm not sure all that counts as football?
uptonparkhurst
Location: The World Wide Web - where men are men,women are men,and children are the Metropolitan Police
Has liked: 64 likes
Total likes: 17 likes

Post by uptonparkhurst »

We looked way too open once Walcott came on, but otoh it was great to see such attacking intent from us.
Compare our goals to the Boltonesque goal scored by Allarton - head tennis/keep the ball alive in the box.No wonder there seem to be so many malcontents up at Allarton -
I'd be hugely surprised if BFS is still there in August.
The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2640 likes
Total likes: 1746 likes

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

Cardiff here we come..... wrote:

Everton are not a sh*t team, 8th in the League & to get a 3-1 win & play some lovely stuff. Honestly if this was a review on tripadviser, giving your experience of this match & the overall feel, you wouldn't go anywhere near it. Selling us short here. Still sh*t loads good about the club.

I think we need to get some belief back in our team & stop the doom mongering even after a very good win.

If we don't praise ourselves & pick ourselves up, who will ????
Well said , Cardiff , let's give some credit when it's due .

Thought we looked lively and were playing some excellent football up until the 21st minute when Masuaku went off injured then we had to rearrange our shape a bit to accomodate Fernandes and Adrian pulled off a couple of excellent saves to keep the score at 3-1 .

The Goals -

There was a touch of luck about the first only in that Kouyate meant the pass to go to Arnautovic and it rolled past him to Lanzini catching the whole of the Everton defence flat footed .

Arnautovic hit the ball so hard it swerved and flew past Pickford before the young Goalkeeper knew what had happened - Perhaps he should have done better with Lanzini's second but again what a superbly taken goal - If we can keep The Jewel , The Maestro , The Matador and our loan signing Joey Mario then we have something to build on for next season , as a group of individuals we're not a bad looking squad , it's fitting them all together as a team that's been the Manager's hardest job and David Moyes has to take a lot of credit for doing that , if we can improve on a couple of positions I can see us doing better next season .

COYI !!
Benny the Ball
Has liked: 57 likes
Total likes: 7 likes

Post by Benny the Ball »

This was only my second visit this year and 3rd to the OS overall being a 1200 mile round trip and a full day in the car each way. With the previous visits being a dull draw and a thrashing it has been a long wait, but what a great way to finish off what has been a painful season to watch from afar.

That said I though the performance and overall experience was excellent and to repeat what has been said earlier, there seems to be a great sense of rapport between Arnie, Lanzini and Mario as the front 3 and it will be a shame to lose that as it gave a normally capable Everton defence a torrid time all afternoon.

Positives:
- 3 amigo's up front
- Declan Rice...marked Tosun out of the game, well done son, outstanding.
- Adrians one-on-one save in the first half after Angelo's only blip.
- Pickfords save against Noble in the first half...(worldy, although Nobes shoudn't have given him the chance).
- The Ginger Pele treatment, well done to Ginge, Moyes, Noble and the fans for the respect and accolades.
- The ref has barely been mentioned but let the game flow and kept out of the way.
- BFS abuse

The other key positive was the OS and while it is not a pure football stadium, it shows what sort of atmosphere can be generated if the mood is right and the players get the fans going. I thought the atmosphere was tremendous and full marks to the BML, who stood throughout and started and created most of the noise.
For me the Boleyn died when the terraces were taken away, too many games at the new Boleyn were a stultified atmosphere and the transport access to the ground appalling. The area around the ground on Sunday was vibrant and the eating places everywhere full of claret and blue shirts. We managed to find a bar serving good food, while watching Aberdeen beat Celtic and a Rangers/Hibs goal fest.

The East stand seats we had were excellent, surrounded by vocal and friendly die-hards and a good balance between passionate support and good natured heckling.

Now looking forward to picking games for next season and hope GSB get the appointment and investment right this summer...time will tell, proof of the pudding and all that.

BtB
Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing
Has liked: 342 likes
Total likes: 362 likes

Post by Clacton-ammer »

Great way to end the oppo view, love this part of KUMB, the self harming one made me :lol: well done guv and the team.

Just goes to show you, 6th/7th down in the PL, we are all very much like for like, **** tactics, manager, recruitment, etc etc etc. I get the Everton pain a little more, as they have spent big, and got what we got, ***** football for the best part.

The glorious PL, so many sides the same barring the top 6. Saying that, the Man U fans I know want the "special one" gone due to boring football....

Us supporters/fans are all very similar in our thinking at times...
Patito

Post by Patito »

Clacton-ammer wrote:
The glorious PL, so many sides the same barring the top 6. Saying that, the Man U fans I know want the "special one" gone due to boring football....

Us supporters/fans are all very similar in our thinking at times...

And yet we got pelters in the media when we didn't want Big Sam's contract renewed! "Be careful what you wish for", "No such thing as the West Ham Way" etc...
mushy
Has liked: 640 likes
Total likes: 841 likes

Post by mushy »

The Old Man of Storr wrote:
Join The Collector and myself up here on Skye , we'll soon have enough for a 5 Aside Team . :)
I will come if you let me play in goal, what are the chances?