Adrián San Miguel del Castillo

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

ereford ammer
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 2 likes

Re: Adrián San Miguel del Castillo

Post by ereford ammer »

I hope we keep Adrian. We have other more pressing priorities for strengthening the squad.
psychoscoredthelot
Has liked: 79 likes
Total likes: 201 likes

Post by psychoscoredthelot »

how on earth did Hart even get a game this season - Adrian should have been in goal a lot more than he has been
fmgod
Has liked: 50 likes
Total likes: 145 likes

Post by fmgod »

psychoscoredthelot wrote:how on earth did Hart even get a game this season - Adrian should have been in goal a lot more than he has been
Hart fair enough, Randolph not a bleeding clue.
Mega Ron
Has liked: 170 likes
Total likes: 175 likes

Post by Mega Ron »

I prefer Randolph to Hart.
Row X
Has liked: 9 likes
Total likes: 34 likes

Post by Row X »

Peaches wrote:He is a very poor marshal of the back line. He does a poor job of managing his area, isn’t great on crosses and often times makes questionable decisions.
I take it you don't watch him closely then?

I'm stood in the BML row 18 and can hear him loud and clear barking out orders, telling players where they should be, where the opposition players are etc...

He also claims and holds on to lots of balls in to the box.

I'll give you the questionables decisions though, sometimes he plays the wrong pass here and there and is a little too eager to come rushing out of his box for my liking.

But other than that, he's probably about the best we could hope for, because to get the next level of goalkeeper, we're looking at a sum north of £25m, which our owners are never going to pay for a striker, let alone a goalkeeper.
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2424 likes
Total likes: 2635 likes

Post by sendô »

A few nice saves for the cameras in the May sunshine and our goalkeeping issues are suddenly all sorted for next season.

People have short memories and seem to forget that Adrian was firmly our number 1 until he rightfully lost his place to two different keepers.

Him being slightly better than Randolph or Hart does not address his underlying weaknesses, which will no doubt manifest themselves again next season.
Jumby
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 35 likes

Post by Jumby »

Rightfully lost his place? He made a mistake against Stoke, got dropped and watched Randy make f**k up after f**k up until even the national press were asking just what the f**k was going on. It's been a similar story this season. He was never rightfully dropped and what has happened inbetween the sticks has proven that, neither keeper that replaced him was better.

The calls for Fabianski are ridiculous, the bloke makes mistakes often and isn't anywhere near an improvement. We're not going to get Butland and hes not an improvement anyway. We're West Ham, lower mid table do f**k all West Ham, Adrian is better than anyone we can realistically attract, especially with our budget.
kayahammer
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by kayahammer »

ereford ammer wrote:I hope we keep Adrian. We have other more pressing priorities for strengthening the squad.
Exactly
sendô

Post by sendô »

Jumby wrote:Rightfully lost his place? He made a mistake against Stoke, got dropped and watched Randy make f**k up after f**k up until even the national press were asking just what the f**k was going on.
Like I said, short memories. There were plenty of flaps before that, most memorably in the 4-2 loss at home to Watford after being 2-0 up.
HammerMan2004
Has liked: 498 likes
Total likes: 1275 likes

Post by HammerMan2004 »

sendô wrote: Like I said, short memories. There were plenty of flaps before that, most memorably in the 4-2 loss at home to Watford after being 2-0 up.
Is that the game he came out for the ball and Collins inexplicably headed it past him?
westlondonhammer
Has liked: 1049 likes
Total likes: 1331 likes

Post by westlondonhammer »

How many goals did we let in this season (or the last 3 - 4 seasons)? The idea that our goalkeeper who has played so many games over that period is blameless (a victim of circumstances?) is wide of the mark for me.

Goalkeeper and a leader in the centre of defence are key for me without doubt. Neither Obgonna nor Reid are leaders. A defensive midfielder next if we want to option of playing 4 at the back.

We need a new number 1... ideally 2 competing for the spot

Adrian is a lovely bloke but if we go into the season with him between the sticks we will let in lots of goals again.

I thought Hart was the answer. I was wrong.
Benny the Ball
Has liked: 57 likes
Total likes: 7 likes

Post by Benny the Ball »

It frustrates me that we sold Randolph for £5M which sounded like a good deal, until you work out that we spent far more than that on Hart for a single season of poor keeping....never catch a falling knife.

BtB
sendô

Post by sendô »

HammerMan2004 wrote: Is that the game he came out for the ball and Collins inexplicably headed it past him?
Yes, the one where Collins was about to head it back but Adrian inexplicably came charging out needlessly. 8-)
psychoscoredthelot
Has liked: 79 likes
Total likes: 201 likes

Post by psychoscoredthelot »

Sendo is Joe Hart 8-)
warp
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Post by warp »

sendô wrote:Adrian was firmly our number 1 until he rightfully lost his place to two different keepers.
he was dropped for hart before he even put on the shirt. call that "rightfully"!
sendô wrote:Like I said, short memories
indeed.
Cockneyboy311
Has liked: 541 likes
Total likes: 415 likes

Post by Cockneyboy311 »

Go for Fabianski (or Vorm) and let them and Adrian battle it out for No1, unless they are going to sanction a 50m bid for Oblak of A Madrid :)
ashbanki
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 22 likes

Post by ashbanki »

We should do what we should have done twelve months ago,imo - Adrian number one and the best young GK you can get your hands on (Dean Henderson?) to push him.
chigwells finest
Location: crying with family/crying with strangers & just crying tbh
Has liked: 391 likes
Total likes: 158 likes

Post by chigwells finest »

i think outside of de gea/ courtois and possibly lloris/man city keeper with the naff neck tattoo :-), theres not much difference in any of the rest . The only other keeper not to be slaughtered this season has been nick pope , and he's only 1/2 mistakes away from being the next gk witchhunt
yakandyeti
Has liked: 425 likes
Total likes: 64 likes

Post by yakandyeti »

Given he's out of contract next summer I reckon he's off for a fee.
Pob!
Has liked: 1017 likes
Total likes: 676 likes

Post by Pob! »

Give him a year extension..