David Moyes: should he stay or should he go? [POLL]

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Should WHUFC offer David Moyes an extended contract?

Yes
37%
No
50%
Unsure
12%

Total votes: 1058

Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham
Has liked: 232 likes
Total likes: 2570 likes

Re: David Moyes: should he stay or should he go? [POLL]

Post by Burnley Hammer »

goof wrote:Just bite the bullet & get in Eddie Howe, young, English & progressive football. As long as he cuts that stupid thing out of constantly passing from the back & conceding goals.
That's like saying let's bring in dyche so long as he cuts out all that defensive football malarkey. If you don't like passing it around at the back and conceding goals, you don't want howe
The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2640 likes
Total likes: 1746 likes

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

I desperately want us to employ Leonid Slutsky as Manager , he'd fit in well with the other 3 tarts we have here .
Believer
Has liked: 1389 likes
Total likes: 735 likes

Post by Believer »

WHU_Del wrote:
http://www.thesackrace.com/managerial-casualties" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Looking at that lot, I wouldn't be at all surprised to end up with Pellegrino or De Boer :fsake:[/quote]

Yep or Puel once he is sacked by Leicester. One things certain - he will be out of work and prepared to work with no budget.
smuts
Has liked: 1498 likes
Total likes: 1440 likes

Post by smuts »

If Pellegrini did have a brain fart and accept the job.... I just get the feeling he would be an utter disaster.

I still think left to get on with it and given a reasonable budget Moyes would have done well next season. Oh well.
e-20
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by e-20 »

I guess there must be places in the football world where the almost unique vileness of our lying self serving, duplicitous owners (and employed witch) hasn't quite permeated, after all a fair few of our fans still refuse to think of them as anything other than benevolent and born again saviours (and employed Angel of mercy).

Ukraine, China I wonder where else the truth might be diluted enough to allow the appropriate re programming to take effect long enough to force pen onto paper. Then all it takes is to fill in the blanks of the press release ie ..... Disneyland London is pleased to welcome a world class... [take your pick] young, (unknown) ... experienced,(old) ... sought after, (regularly sacked), ...exciting (out of his depth) ... respected (owners patsy) manager to our world famous (in the sense of stand up comedy) football club, blah, blah, blah. Can't wait.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1904 likes
Total likes: 1612 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

I thought "Bet Victor" wonder what he's like....

:lol:

Julian Nagelsmann anyone ?

If we are going for a long shot .........

https://www.bundesliga.com/en/news/Bund ... 473225.jsp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Would think he's within our budget..........
e-20
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by e-20 »

smuts wrote:If Pellegrini did have a brain fart and accept the job.... I just get the feeling he would be an utter disaster.

I still think left to get on with it and given a reasonable budget Moyes would have done well next season. Oh well.
Can't say I'm exactly a Moyes fanboy but I will need a lot of convincing that any likely successor will in reality offer a more convincing opportunity while the 3 stooges run things. I thought Cottee this morning was spot on with his accessment that there is no one at the club with any knowledge of football or that you can have a better playing style, progress and ultimate success without stability, knowledge of English football combined with investment. We simply do not have the combination to progress outside of shear luck as things stand and our owners mistake luck for planning and dice a substitute for in depth knowledge of the game... ie keep throwing and it will come up right at least once whatever your limitations. I beg to differ that is at all likely.
TheHandOfDog
Has liked: 523 likes
Total likes: 419 likes

Post by TheHandOfDog »

Pellegrini would be a no brainer if we could get him, he did well at clubs similar size to ours, Malaga, Villareal. I just have a sneaky feeling that we are going to go on the manager roundabout, with Sully spinning us around, starting with Pellegrini, that shaktar guy, and in 9 days time we will be on Bruce, Pulis and Pardew.
johnnyb
Has liked: 31 likes
Total likes: 65 likes

Post by johnnyb »

smuts wrote:If Pellegrini did have a brain fart and accept the job.... I just get the feeling he would be an utter disaster.

Pray tell us why you think Pellegrini would be an utter disaster? But I also agree Moyes would have done well next season with a reasonable budget. However, would he have got a reasonable budget?
HammerMan2004
Has liked: 498 likes
Total likes: 1275 likes

Post by HammerMan2004 »

So Iron Mike who admittedly seems to have got it right with Fonseca, says miles away from a deal with Pellegrini and Benitez will commit to Newcastle if he gets what he wants from them so basically it’s a no-go.

Looks like all the eggs are in the Emery basket tomorrow.
sicknote
Plumbing the depths
Has liked: 99 likes
Total likes: 154 likes

Post by sicknote »

id laugh my b*llocks off if a Dick Emery tribute act was filmed going into the Theydon Bois gaff , after pissy pants Gold was given the task of contacting Emery’s agent
wildkard
Has liked: 52 likes
Total likes: 196 likes

Post by wildkard »

Moyes has come out of this incredibly well. Someone who was a joke in football a few months ago has more or less restored his reputation and made a big drink out of it to boot.

I think his reason for leaving is pretty simple. Probably thought £50m would see us right initially, then (like everyone with a pair of eyes) realised that it'd take close to £150m. Sullivan probably didn't fancy that, so said thanks for all your hard work, there's the ****ing door.

We will do it on the cheap as usual. With someone who doesn't know exactly how rotten we are.
Last edited by wildkard on Wed May 16, 2018 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DaveWHU1964
Has liked: 1302 likes
Total likes: 676 likes

Post by DaveWHU1964 »

smuts wrote:If Pellegrini did have a brain fart and accept the job....
Don’t worry yourself Smuts, not a chance he’s that stupid.
ageing hammer
Has liked: 484 likes
Total likes: 1475 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

wildkard wrote:Moyes has come out of this incredibly well. Someone who was a joke in football a few months ago has more or less restored his reputation and made a big drink out of it to boot.

I think his reason for leaving is pretty simple. Probably thought £50m would see us right initially, then (like everyone with a pair of eyes) realised that it'd take close to £150m. Sullivan probably didn't fancy that, so said thanks for all your hard work, there's the ****ing door.

We will do it on the cheap as usual. With someone who doesn't know exactly how rotten we are.
Didn't know Martians made good football managers :D
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1785 likes
Total likes: 2071 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

Cuenca 'ammer wrote:I thought "Bet Victor" wonder what he's like....

Julian Nagelsmann anyone ?

6/1 with Victor, 16/1 with Ladbrokes

Pellegrini is favourite with Fonseca a close second.
sicknote
Plumbing the depths
Has liked: 99 likes
Total likes: 154 likes

Post by sicknote »

Yep unbelievably, Moyes stock even with a piss poor win ratio at our gaff has risen probably above West Ham uniteds stock

And by walking away rather than staying linked to our plummeting stock his stock went up again today, ours is rock bottom and he may have a signed clause to say nothing about his time here, but within football it will be well known now from our last 5 respected managers and how they were treated , you work for West Ham at your peril , as the club dictates the press about you the manager and plays you whilst employed until they don’t like you anymore then they try and undermine you hoping you will react
Clucking Bell
Location: Make piss ..... check ..... crossed arms .... check .... wife hates me ... result!!
Has liked: 119 likes
Total likes: 126 likes

Post by Clucking Bell »

dubaihammer wrote:a lot of people saying its unfair on moyes and we've done him a dis service after the work he's done. Hold on. he got a 1.5-2m bonus for successfully completing the task. 6 months ago people were laughing at us for taking him on....now their saying we're out of order. he's walking away a bit richer and reputation restored.
Just goes to show that he's considerably more intelligent than his ex-employer then, doesn't it?

Mind you, I've got a Venus Fly Trap that's also more intelligent than his ex-employer.
Ironing Board
Has liked: 2082 likes
Total likes: 1791 likes

Post by Ironing Board »

Thing with Pelligrini is, he is obviously a good manager and tactician. However in Spain he worked under a director of football system and did not sign players, just like at Man City. It is a gamble to take on any coach without a good knowledge of the league and who is experienced as a manager rather than just head coach.

Of course we have Sullivan as DOF...
Northern_Light
Location: Where the Sun keeps on shining, even past the witching hour!

Post by Northern_Light »

sicknote wrote:the club dictates the press about you the manager and plays you whilst employed until they don’t like you anymore then they try and undermine you hoping you will react
It seems they just didn't want him, so not sure they played him. It wasn't really a surprise, given the amount of opposition to him among the fans. Personally, I think he's a good manager and deserves to have his reputation restored. But still doesn't make him a good fit for us.
HammerMan2004
Has liked: 498 likes
Total likes: 1275 likes

Post by HammerMan2004 »

Checking on Twitter. ExWHU says the top targets are Benitez, Pellegrini and Emery in that order.

I bet we’ll end up with none of them.