Late David Gold, Sullivan and Brady

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Harry Hound
Location: "If you don't know the game, then you're still part of it"
Has liked: 67 likes
Total likes: 10 likes

Re: Gold and Sullivan ???

Post by Harry Hound »

Mate calling UTJ, KUMB and others out for "allegedly" not doing enough is classless and counter productive and the "virtual" equivalent of the morons who've been fighting each other in the ground over the last couple of months. I'm pretty sure that if Sullivan continues as he is we'll be seeing plenty of protest in the not too distant future.
SammyLeeWasOffside
Has liked: 290 likes
Total likes: 1020 likes

Post by SammyLeeWasOffside »

HammerAl wrote: I understand that. I’m not questioning that, more questioning the fact how we haven’t driven them out yet.
I would say because the vast majority dont care enough to do much about it. Buying a tshirt and grumbling about others not doing something isn't going to get anywhere. Besides which do the majority of fans outside the internet world even want protests? Even many that claimed to want them out for xyz shut up once we won a game or 2.

There are those with the stomach for the fight but outside the few support for this seems a mile wide and an inch deep. GSB have thicker skins than that.
Ozza
Has liked: 944 likes
Total likes: 2362 likes

Post by Ozza »

Sammy :thup:
woodford
Has liked: 412 likes
Total likes: 302 likes

Post by woodford »

you got that right SLWO :thup:

i would add that "driving them out" isnt like trying to get rid of next doors cat that craps on your patio.

they own the place, they are joint chairman. Its really not as simple as that.

A bit like when people think you can sack the board, good luck with that. You wont find too many examples of owners sacking themselves and putting their shares on Ebay

if people honestly think that they would crumble after a bit of pressure was on them you'd be mistaken, their love of money is far stronger than that. Plus Mr Sullivan seriously believes he's a 'player' in terms of his own profile. Not sure he's completely on board with how much he, and now his family, are absolutely despised. It shouldnt be that way should it? But its almost as if he goes out of his way to **** up and wind people up.

They'll create the environment for more protest, they'll create the environment for unrest, they just cant help themselves.
Row X
Has liked: 9 likes
Total likes: 34 likes

Post by Row X »

In The Times today, Matt Dickinson has written a lovely article about how Rafa coming to us could be a disaster... mainly digging out the board all the way through. The press are waking up to how bad these lot are.
wobble
Total likes: 20 likes

Post by wobble »

Harry Hound wrote:Mate calling UTJ, KUMB and others out for "allegedly" not doing enough is classless and counter productive and the "virtual" equivalent of the morons who've been fighting each other in the ground over the last couple of months. I'm pretty sure that if Sullivan continues as he is we'll be seeing plenty of protest in the not too distant future.
What so you calling me a moron & classless when I was replying to UTJ is not classless.

All I'm doing is pointing out that some are having polls on the wrong things at the wrong time, we all know that Sullivan takes notice of what's being said on the web, even Ken Dyer mentioned that last Monday.

But don't confuse me with someone who's classless and a moron when all I am is frustrated that in my option not enough is being done by people who can rally the troops.

Maybe KUMB should take it as a compliment that I and probably others feel KUMB has the tools to pull resources and really get something going.
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 748 likes
Total likes: 3444 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

wobble wrote:well if you did it was'nt well promoted...
Or perhaps you just weren't interested/paying attention at the time.
wobble wrote:The support is looking for a demo that can be arranged by the social media people...
Who are the "social media people"? Who are you referring to?
wobble wrote:All I'm doing is pointing out that some are having polls on the wrong things at the wrong time...
There's one poll running on this Forum. That was started in mid-April.
wobble wrote:WHUISA was very quick to call a vote of no confidence on Brady but not quick enough to spot an opportunity to get a demo going at 2 dead rubber games.
For someone who claims to want the fans to come together, you seem to be doing a very good job of attempting to achieve the very opposite.
The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2640 likes
Total likes: 1746 likes

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

Cuenca 'ammer wrote:Well to be honest, I thought "even that is too far fetched for us...."

but now you have made me think about it......

especially the Andy Swallow bit........

(hope he doesn't send me threatening messages now.....)

I AM friends with OMoS to be honest....

:o
It's ok , we'll get a big coat and you can stand on my shoulders , failing that d'ya want to go halfers on a Jackie Chan ' Kung Fu For Seniors ' dvd ?
Harry Hound
Location: "If you don't know the game, then you're still part of it"
Has liked: 67 likes
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by Harry Hound »

wobble wrote:
What so you calling me a moron & classless when I was replying to UTJ is not classless.

All I'm doing is pointing out that some are having polls on the wrong things at the wrong time, we all know that Sullivan takes notice of what's being said on the web, even Ken Dyer mentioned that last Monday.

But don't confuse me with someone who's classless and a moron when all I am is frustrated that in my option not enough is being done by people who can rally the troops.

Maybe KUMB should take it as a compliment that I and probably others feel KUMB has the tools to pull resources and really get something going.
I didn't call you a moron nor did I call you classless and I apologise if you took it this way due to me not articulating myself properly. I meant to say that calling out KUMB for allegedly not doing enough is the virtual equivalent of fans fighting amongst themselves in the stands.
I'm not turning on you or calling you a moron as that would also be counterproductive and wrong of me, we don't need to be turning against each other. Sullivan, Gold, Brady, and co. will most certainly get their protests soon enough as they will screw us as long as they can. Fighting amongst ourselves is exactly what they want as it distracts from their incompetence and dishonesty and we need to avoid it at all costs.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1904 likes
Total likes: 1612 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

OMoS

I'd probably put my back out bending over to place the dvd in the tray........

:cry: :cry:
Hamburger
Has liked: 853 likes
Total likes: 432 likes

Post by Hamburger »

I was at the Everton match outside trying to rally the cause and the apathy and even ridicule towards change was almost heartbreaking. I came away thinking fck ‘em they deserve everything they get if they won’t do something. I also thought is it just us Boleyn old farts that care about what’s happening to the club? Are we too nostalgic? Do the next generation just accept the dust bowl and all the bllsht?

I really am beginning to wonder.
MooresTheHero
Has liked: 1200 likes
Total likes: 47 likes

Post by MooresTheHero »

I hope you're wrong Hamburger. But it seems easier for most people to do nothing than make a statement.

The time will come again (most probably when we're in the **** next season), but we need as wide a cross section of WHU fans as possible to rebel and call out the 3 twats for what they are :crest:
Sauce!
Location: sitting on a bucket on a hamper in the corner of the old wigwam.
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by Sauce! »

Hamburger wrote:.
I was at the Everton match outside trying to rally the cause and the apathy and even ridicule towards change was almost heartbreaking. I came away thinking fck ‘em they deserve everything they get if they won’t do something. I also thought is it just us Boleyn old farts that care about what’s happening to the club? Are we too nostalgic? Do the next generation just accept the dust bowl and all the bllsht?

Outside the Podium?

Most people were just interested in beer & sunshine.

Not that there’s anything wrong with that - I just find the anti board enthusiasm on here & elsewhere WHO for example) seems to evaporate when it comes to the crunch.
ludo22
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 125 likes

Post by ludo22 »

Hamburger wrote:.

I think a lot of peoples' attitude towards it is "We've never won f*** all,we are winning f*** all now so what's the big deal?" which is fine but seem to rather ignore the large fraud that has taken place by our owners.Going to the football is an escape from the everyday grind for many people and causing aggro to the owners might not be their highest priority on a day down the Shitbowl.I don't agree with it but I totally understand it .On a day like the one against Everton when the sun is shining,West Ham are winning and the beer is flowing, I can see why people would just want to enjoy themselves.
woodywoody
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 56 likes

Post by woodywoody »

[quote="Hamburger"].

Most are with you but after the momentum that was built towards a demo and then cancelled, I think that blew the wind out of a lot of fans sails who were up for giving the owners hell.
I like most do not trust the owners no more after the distant promises that never appeared but always have that faint hope in the back of my head that they will see the light and invest in a decent manager (could actually happen soon) and the squad ?
I think they know that if they serve the same dreary footy clinging for safety in the premiership then all hell could break loose.
I for 1 would go back to the Boleyn tomorrow if given the option as I hate travelling to or from Stratford (The walk is too long)and trying to get a decent priced meal or drink near the ground, but accept I can't change this and when we have played well (not that often) the atmosphere has been good.
I believe fans have taken a step back to see the owners next move towards turning things around and until then and if no change I believe you would get a massive following.
We need passionate fans like you who drive change for the right reasons but as above there will be the next time.
West Ham Matt
Karl Pilkington
Has liked: 160 likes
Total likes: 583 likes

Post by West Ham Matt »

The only way to make a stand is to stop going ! Anything else is futile
hammerman11
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 744 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

Last chance saloon for our chancers. fail to deliver this summer and there will be no shortage of people taking part in demonstrations.

I for one would also return to the Boleyn as the whole football experience has gone now we are at stratford. Its not the football on the pitch which has been dire, we have had poor teams before but rather the feeling that we are not at home when we are playing at the bowl.

As for food I don't buy anything at or outside the bowl other than a ribman.

beers in the black bull and carpenters so no need to buy at bradys ***** hole !

This week is the first part of the board paying back by appointing a decent manager.

next part is spending some money !

we shall see
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1904 likes
Total likes: 1612 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

If they get in Pelligrini or someone of his ilk, they will have played a blinder ...yet again...

You can bet your boots there will be more "Get behind the team and behind the new manager" from GSB. Noble will be trotted out "We're excited to have someone here of his calibre, he's a winner" Lanzini will support the appointment, and Arnie will say that he can't wait for the season to begin and the last one put behind everyone. A fresh start, let's all show our support for the board after this momentous appointment....

I bet even the RWHFAG will come out and say that the 9 month plan is way ahead of schedule.....they'll postpone all future marches or planned demonstration as this is the start of a new era and that they can now divulge this was all discussed with them at the not so secret meeting at Sully's house. In fact they had even suggested that we hire someone like Pelligrini, if not Pelligrini himself.

And that anyone who had anything to say against this can consider themselves communist agitators and will be well advised to steer clear of the stadium and anything not run through them for their approval will be meet with a right slagging off. And the threat of possible violence.
chigwells finest
Location: crying with family/crying with strangers & just crying tbh
Has liked: 391 likes
Total likes: 158 likes

Post by chigwells finest »

The only change I can see coming is Gold standing down and giving his shares etc to his daughters, whether that will change anything we will see
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 748 likes
Total likes: 3444 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

hammerman11 wrote:Last chance saloon for our chancers. fail to deliver this summer and there will be no shortage of people taking part in demonstrations.
I'm afraid last orders was called a while ago.