Little things that irritate you

Anything goes in The Snug, General Discussion's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity where any subject not covered elsewhere may be discussed. Well, anything except golf, Star Wars and Arsenal.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Hammer1972
Has liked: 57 likes
Total likes: 213 likes

Re: Little things that irritate you

Post by Hammer1972 »

Should have predicted that.....!!
Happyhammer52
Has liked: 148 likes
Total likes: 134 likes

Post by Happyhammer52 »

Clacton-ammer wrote: As I have got older my OCD has kicked in, I'm so tidy, everything must have it's place, e-mails must be written the right way, even my shed looks good. I like to think it's a strength, but I think I am only days away from turning the light on and off 22 times before I leave a room...
One of my mates has it incredibly bad, has been to the quacks to try and make it more bearable.

We were going to go and watch the Rifles last December, left his house before he told me he just wanted to make sure he turned the bathroom light off. Fifteen minutes later and he was still in there going round every single switch.

Seems to be a bit better now, but found it incredible how bad it can effect some.
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 1978 likes
Total likes: 1466 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

Mouth Ulcers.

Spiteful c**** they are.
swash
Has liked: 140 likes
Total likes: 188 likes

Post by swash »

westham,eggyandchips wrote:Mouth Ulcers.

Spiteful ***** they are.
Put salt on it, jobs a good 'un
1875Hammer

Post by 1875Hammer »

chigwells finest wrote:sitting in A&E last night with my missus , surveying the scene around me , akin to some post nuclear fall out or a scene from the walking dead .
I was in the fractures clinic a couple of months ago and the sights in there made me think of the Darwin Awards. How these people haven't been deselected by evolution is beyond me.
WestHamByTheSea
Location: Turning the TV off, making some tea, and saying modern life well it's rubbish...

Post by WestHamByTheSea »

Moths. Never encountered a moth that wasn't a twat. It's that time of year that requires opening a window or two, and there we are. And they never knacker your crappy clothes either, only the nice stuff.

Attention-seeking narcissists; 'oh I'm nocturnal but will head for something lit-up'.

My overly vivid and admittedly odd mind-set can easily perceive a bunch of butterflies discussing them and calling them hipsters.
Samba
Has liked: 2484 likes
Total likes: 895 likes

Post by Samba »

WestHamByTheSea wrote:Moths. Never encountered a moth that wasn't a twat. It's that time of year that requires opening a window or two, and there we are. And they never knacker your crappy clothes either, only the nice stuff.
Attention-seeking narcissists; 'oh I'm nocturnal but will head for something lit-up'.
My overly vivid and admittedly odd mind-set can easily perceive a bunch of butterflies discussing them and calling them hipsters.
Time to get the old electric tennis racket out..
Monkeybubbles
Has liked: 485 likes
Total likes: 1954 likes

Post by Monkeybubbles »

WestHamByTheSea wrote:Moths. Never encountered a moth that wasn't a twat. It's that time of year that requires opening a window or two, and there we are. And they never knacker your crappy clothes either, only the nice stuff.

On a vaguely related note, and I may have posted this before: Slugs.

Slugs totally have me over, to the point at which I'd describe it as a phobia. I can't knowingly go within five yards of one without feeling a bit light headed and panicky. I would honestly rather wrestle a rottweiler than handle a slug. And a bit of warm weather, a bit of rain, and now suddenly our garden is heaving with the little qunts.

If anyone wants me, I'll be up in the loft. In the middle of a circle of salt. With a flamethrower.
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2424 likes
Total likes: 2634 likes

Post by sendô »

^ I've got a bit of an issue with them in my house, they keep coming in under the floorboards/through gaps into the kitchen and hallway.

Finding and blocking up all holes that they get through is difficult.

They only come out at night, the disgusting slimy things.
S-H
Has liked: 5738 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

I learned this morning that my Labrador has an irrational fear of the slimy ****ers, the idiot was barking at them, such a brave boy though.

There were hundreds of them down the lane where we were walking!
warp
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Post by warp »

Monkeybubbles wrote:On a vaguely related note, and I may have posted this before: Slugs.
not half as bad if you deep-fry them
Toulouse_Iron
The boy's got form
Location: A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth can get its pants on
Has liked: 279 likes
Total likes: 349 likes

Post by Toulouse_Iron »

Mega Ron wrote: I had to jump onto the wrench a few times to get the nuts to loosen and I'm 14 stones.
A warm bath usually does the trick
Burningaham

Post by Burningaham »

Jo ****ing brand
Hampshire Hammer
Has liked: 2429 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Post by Hampshire Hammer »

Annoying people whom think everyone should share their taste in music. For the first dance at our wedding we had black stone cherry "peace is free" because we both love the song. One of the women described it as "crap " and lectured me that we "should " have had Whitney as apparently she is perfect. The fact that I hate Whitney Houston and my wife isn't keen is apparently irrelevant, 4 days later we've just met her and stupid bint is still going on about it. I've just pointed out that was our dance and we love the song but apparently we're wrong.
FreeWheeling
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 28 likes

Post by FreeWheeling »

Son in law, comes round for a BBQ, brings a bottle of gin, eats my steak , eats my ribs, offers f*** all of the gin
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2424 likes
Total likes: 2634 likes

Post by sendô »

What gin was it?
Smonnie
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Smonnie »

Exceptional post!
S-H

Post by S-H »

Does anyone really care that Sterling has a tattoo of a gun?

It's a ****ing tattoo, get over it!
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 1978 likes
Total likes: 1466 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

somerset-hammer wrote:Does anyone really care that Sterling has a tattoo of a gun?

It's a ****ing tattoo, get over it!

The fact its been highlighted irritates me massively.

What a dick for having a machine gun tattooed on his leg though?
S-H

Post by S-H »

westham,eggyandchips wrote:
The fact its been highlighted irritates me massively.

What a dick for having a machine gun tattooed on his leg though?
Completely agree eggy.