Late David Gold, Sullivan and Brady

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

noblecause

Re: Gold and Sullivan ???

Post by noblecause »

Having once given them the benefit of the doubt, their actions have converted me into a disbeliever. Sullivan is a charlatan, completely out of his depth.
hammerman11
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 745 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

another transfer window and another last chance for the board. the difference this time is we have a manager who will not back down. they will either support him or he will walk !
Sherbet Dab
Has liked: 130 likes
Total likes: 19 likes

Post by Sherbet Dab »

As with most other clubs the majority of the transfers will be done after the world cup shop window, so not too fussed at the moment, but this is the last chance saloon for these Two, the terrible windows we have had speak volumes of amateur behaviour.
I don't think Pellers will hang about if there is only a couple of Sully specials coming through the door come August.
kenthammer1984
Has liked: 23 likes
Total likes: 86 likes

Post by kenthammer1984 »

hammerman11 wrote:another transfer window and another last chance for the board. the difference this time is we have a manager who will not back down. they will either support him or he will walk !
I bet he won’t walk. Even if they spent nothing more this window, he wouldn’t walk away.
Sir_Trevor
Has liked: 274 likes
Total likes: 352 likes

Post by Sir_Trevor »

kenthammer1984 wrote:
I bet he won’t walk. Even if they spent nothing more this window, he wouldn’t walk away.
He probably won't walk and lose his multi-million salary but I hope and expect that he will be a bit more vocal about the lack of support from the owners, so that he doesn't get the flack.
warp
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Post by warp »

scumbags, leeches, they'd sell their mums to organ traffickers for a score.
c****.
ashbanki
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 22 likes

Post by ashbanki »

We have a massive rebuilding job - we cannot wait it out till after the WC - There will only be three weeks of the window left (two weeks for us as our esteemed DOF usually ****'s off on holiday the last week!!)
comebackjoecole

Post by comebackjoecole »

We could learn a lot from Sporting Lisbon fans, they seem to have the right idea

https://www.foxsports.com/soccer/story/ ... oil-060518" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"A few weeks later, the club was rocked when about 50 fans with their faces covered forced their way into the team’s training center and assaulted players and staff. At least one player was injured and the club’s changing room was trashed. The assault shocked the country and even the government got involved."
e-20
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by e-20 »

ashbanki wrote:We have a massive rebuilding job - we cannot wait it out till after the WC - There will only be three weeks of the window left (two weeks for us as our esteemed DOF usually ****'s off on holiday the last week!!)

Thank you for pointing that out we simply cannot be complacent on the timing, hell even if Messi and Ronaldo rocked up a week before the season started I wouldn't have any confidence in the first 10 games. People talk about us needing 5 to 6 players and I agree, but you simply can't start 4,5 or 6 new players especially without a good pre season getting to know their team mates and expect instant results. It will be a third or more of the season gone before you can start having that many new players in your side and hope for a positive effect and thats assuming that they can actually start contributing by then (or at all) which will be a big 'If' for most, and by that time we are playing serious catch up again unless Lady Luck has sent us a Lottery win.

As for Pellers, and whether he might walk, its interesting that some say that he would not walk out on such a lucrative contract and they may be right. One thing is for sure that is the precise throw of the dice our Overlord is banking on, the Spiv has seen it work with lesser entities and I am sure Sully is convinced he can up the stakes and get through at least another year even with a big beast like Pellegrini. The guy gets off on challenges like that, its simply the same old tactic moved up a fair few notches, probably the new level he kept on parroting. You can guarantee that he sees the tactic as using the hi-profile Manager to quieten the fans while they work to eradicate opportunity for further effective demos. Meanwhile its about promising but not delivering the investment is the same old game here to buy time the only determination being how little he needs to deliver to get away with it and how to spin things when it falls short. How Pellers reacts will be fascinating and it may depend upon just how close Sully plays this game to the line over the next few months. In the end it may be a game of politics as much as morality that dictates the conclusion. Hey we have our very own version of Game of Thrones playing out here what with the odd good guy surrounded by witches, henchmen, liars and dwarves.
Ladzini

Post by Ladzini »

e-20 wrote: Hey we have our very own version of Game of Thrones playing out here what with the odd good guy surrounded by witches, henchmen, liars and dwarves.
All we need now is Fire and Blood. Where is our Daenerys?
Ben
Location: Overdue warning for being a twat on the rumours thread
Has liked: 23 likes
Total likes: 136 likes

Post by Ben »

Ladzini wrote:
All we need now is Fire and Blood. Where is our Daenerys?
I don't watch tv/film that has goblins/wizards and all that but we could sign Troy Daenery!
Ladzini

Post by Ladzini »

Ben wrote: I don't watch tv/film that has goblins/wizards and all that but we could sign Troy Daenery!

Well lucky for you Game of Thrones has neither Goblins nor Wizards!

EDIT: I would like to pre-emptively justify this as being on topic due to the Goblin reference. :oops:
EvilC
Location: In the street as the cold wind blows, in the ghetto...
Has liked: 2660 likes
Total likes: 1197 likes

Post by EvilC »

I'm happy to talk about Daenerys gobblin' me but this probably isn't the appropriate place.
woodgreenspur
Has liked: 93 likes
Total likes: 52 likes

Post by woodgreenspur »

Ben wrote:

I don't watch tv/film that has goblins/wizards and all that but we could sign Troy Daenery!
Doesn't he play for Watford?
ashbanki
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 22 likes

Post by ashbanki »

Edited by a mod
Last edited by the pink palermo on Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Not on this site
bonzosbeard
Has liked: 2184 likes
Total likes: 1382 likes

Post by bonzosbeard »

If my house is for sale for £500000 and someone offers £475000 I start to deal with them.
If Tommy Chancer offers me £250000 Im insulted. I instruct the estate agent never to deal with them or even allow them to contact me again.
e17
Has liked: 292 likes
Total likes: 976 likes

Post by e17 »

bonzosbeard wrote:If my house is for sale for £500000 and someone offers £475000 I start to deal with them.
If Tommy Chancer offers me £250000 Im insulted. I instruct the estate agent never to deal with them or even allow them to contact me again.
Tommy Chancer? You mean Debra Dods

:wink:
Exiledin cardiff
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 56 likes

Post by Exiledin cardiff »

Noblecause you said Sullivans out of his depth. He'd be out of his depth in a ****ing paddling pool.
davek26962
Has liked: 10 likes
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by davek26962 »

Whenever I look at this thread these lyrics come to mind.
Gypsy's, tramps, and thieves
We'd hear it from the people of the town
They'd call us gypsy's, tramps, and thieves
But every night all the men would come around
And lay their money down
ageing hammer
Has liked: 486 likes
Total likes: 1491 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

Exiledin cardiff wrote:Noblecause you said Sullivans out of his depth. He'd be out of his depth in a ****ing paddling pool.

:D