Late David Gold, Sullivan and Brady

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

StackerJJ

Re: Gold and Sullivan ???

Post by StackerJJ »

Still a pair of ( . ) ( . ) but first Pellegrini and now a DoF and stepping back from playing real life Football Manager I can see little signs that our voices are being heard. Still a long way to go but moving in the right direction and deserve a little credit for this. Now let the manager and the DoF sign the players they need PLEASE.
warp
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Post by warp »

StackerJJ wrote:Still a long way to go but moving in the right direction and deserve a little credit for this.
well he regularly beats his wife, but he's bought her chocolates the other month, deserves a little credit for that!

no mate. they're c****. they just know they've been pushing their luck too much lately, and now try to avoid completely alienating (more) fans. it seems they're succeeding in bullshitting us - yet again.

don't give 'em that!
StackerJJ

Post by StackerJJ »

warp wrote: well he regularly beats his wife, but he's bought her chocolates the other month, deserves a little credit for that!
:lol:
warp wrote: no mate. they're *****. they just know they've been pushing their luck too much lately, and now try to avoid completely alienating (more) fans. it seems they're succeeding in bullshitting us - yet again.
don't give 'em that!
Actions speak louder than words, they are acting now, late yes but its being done, i agree they are complete c*nts (well sullivan more than gold) but you cant say hiring Pellegrini and Mario is bullshitting us, that's action. Next is allowing them to do their jobs properly and giving them control of the club and the team. As mentioned still a long way to go but baby steps are better than NO steps.
warp
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Post by warp »

StackerJJ wrote:but you cant say hiring Pellegrini and Mario is bullshitting us, that's action.
i can, and i will.
it's action alright, as i said, it is serving their scope perfectly well, you and others who couldn't wait to see them out and were starting to get pretty vocal, now are instead starting to say "well something is moving, let's see if they improve..."
mission accomplished. some more time bought.

we have a good start of the season, they will invest in january to push on, and will continue next summer, THEN i'll give em some credit. and i'll still call them c**** and i'll still want them out.
StackerJJ

Post by StackerJJ »

warp wrote: i can, and i will.
I appreciate your opinion.
warp wrote: it's action alright, as i said, it is serving their scope perfectly well, you and others who couldn't wait to see them out and were starting to get pretty vocal, now are instead starting to say "well something is moving, let's see if they improve..."
mission accomplished. some more time bought.
You're right there, i didn't like many things about them and 2 of them have (somewhat) been answered, so why wouldn't that make me happier? I'm not throwing a parade for them or saying they have answered all our questions, definitely not. Just I like that things are being moved in what i believe is the right direction.
warp wrote: we have a good start of the season, they will invest in january to push on, and will continue next summer, THEN i'll give em some credit. and i'll still call them ***** and i'll still want them out.
I agree with you on the above, unfortunately you and i both know that they aint going anywhere for another few years so until then if we can get a little west ham back on the pitch and keep sullivan's grubby little mits off buying players that he and his boys want then try find the small positives and be happy amigo. I see this as Sully taking a large step backwards which will only benefit us. Lets see what happens but i want to be optimistic about this and hope it comes off.
Faithless
Location: On a bubble nearing the sky.....Born 7 days too late...39 years n counting...Win a cup lads...

Post by Faithless »

StackerJJ wrote:Still a pair of ( . ) ( . ) but first Pellegrini and now a DoF and stepping back from playing real life Football Manager I can see little signs that our voices are being heard. Still a long way to go but moving in the right direction and deserve a little credit for this. Now let the manager and the DoF sign the players they need PLEASE.
This get said a lot so not having a go at you.

I think people are giving him too much credit. I don't think he's ever played FM or has any understanding of it's concept cos if Sully has been playing it he must be the worst player in history. He'd be spending weeks dazed and confused at how signing high wage old players that don't fit any system got his Real Madrid side relegated!
StackerJJ

Post by StackerJJ »

Faithless wrote: This get said a lot so not having a go at you.

I think people are giving him too much credit. I don't think he's ever played FM or has any understanding of it's concept cos if Sully has been playing it he must be the worst player in history. He'd be spending weeks dazed and confused at how signing high wage old players that don't fit any system got his Real Madrid side relegated!
If you start as a lower level (poorer) club thats exactly what you do, keep the expenditure lower, put the money into wages and sign players on loan / older players on bigger wages (or thats what i used to do anyway) its been 15 years since i played the game though so i'm sure some functions have changed :lol:

I never managed the rich teams, was boring.
warp

Post by warp »

StackerJJ wrote:Just I like that things are being moved in what i believe is the right direction.
i just think they do one step forward and two steps back. this is the step forward, i won't get excited by it unless there's a follow up.
StackerJJ wrote:I see this as Sully taking a large step backwards
that's what he wants you to believe, i'm afraid.
don't get me wrong, i hope in two years time you'll be here all "told you so!", i really do!
thing is, their actions in the football world in the past what? 15 years? suggest a clear way of doing things, which hasn't really changed at all.

i completely understand wanting to be positive, but it shouldn't come along with some leeway for sullicunt.
StackerJJ

Post by StackerJJ »

warp wrote: that's what he wants you to believe, i'm afraid.
don't get me wrong, i hope in two years time you'll be here all "told you so!", i really do!
thing is, their actions in the football world in the past what? 15 years? suggest a clear way of doing things, which hasn't really changed at all.
I just dont remember them making a statement like this before, i feel they are giving in. They know they got rumbled last season in a big way and things cant continue.
warp wrote: i completely understand wanting to be positive, but it shouldn't come along with some leeway for sullicunt.
I just cant see him games working with Pellegrini, Sullivan knows that this geezer will talk straight away if things dont go his way. He's not dealing with Bilic or Moyes here. He's dealing with a different animal in Pellegrini in my opinion. Sulli knows the fans are at their tether, if he doesnt supply him with the tools he needs Pellegrini will either walk or call him out (which would severely end Sullivan) so he cant hide anymore in my opinion. Thats why i'm more optimistic than before.
Time will tell..
Faithless
Location: On a bubble nearing the sky.....Born 7 days too late...39 years n counting...Win a cup lads...

Post by Faithless »

StackerJJ wrote:[If you start as a lower level (poorer) club thats exactly what you do, keep the expenditure lower, put the money into wages and sign players on loan / older players on bigger wages (or thats what i used to do anyway) its been 15 years since i played the game though so i'm sure some functions have changed :lol:

I never managed the rich teams, was boring.
Yeah but if you're a Prem side (only ever West Ham) you snap up the best from the relegated sides, offload the high earners and then recruit the best young talent...(I can't cope with playing it anymore, it's far to complex and time consuming, that or i'm just getting far too old :lol:)

To make this on topic...Spurs are currently paying Alli around £60kpw and until the 8/6/18 Kane was on £100kpw, we are paying Hernandez £140kpw and Carroll £80kpw to sit on the bench/treatment table/beach/bar that's the real mismanagement and why i'm still worried about Sully having anything to do with the clubs finances.

Agree about the rich teams. That was just me being vindictive towards the Sully :D
szola
Has liked: 586 likes
Total likes: 347 likes

Post by szola »

Can't see them wanting to sell in the near future.

The new manager and dof will take the heat off, we'll simmer round mid-table and yet another decade goes by.
pbenjy
Has liked: 20 likes
Total likes: 52 likes

Post by pbenjy »

Appointing a DOF should be a step in the right direction.

The next move is to bin Brady and bring in a competent, professional, full time CEO.
ereford ammer
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by ereford ammer »

pbenjy wrote:Appointing a DOF should be a step in the right direction.

The next move is to bin Brady and bring in a competent, professional, full time CEO.
Seconded
chigwells finest
Location: crying with family/crying with strangers & just crying tbh
Has liked: 391 likes
Total likes: 158 likes

Post by chigwells finest »

pbenjy wrote:Appointing a DOF should be a step in the right direction.

wont happen
StackerJJ

Post by StackerJJ »

pbenjy wrote: The next move is to bin Brady and bring in a competent, professional, full time CEO.
This would be the dream, i'm optimistic but realistic also and this unfortunately wont happen she's here and long as Sullivan and gold are i'm afraid.
warp

Post by warp »

StackerJJ wrote:I just dont remember them making a statement like this before
aside from a world class stadium for next level players?
i know it sound ludicrous now, but many people believed that (i know, not the famous 85%), and they pulled it off...

StackerJJ wrote:i feel they are giving in. They know they got rumbled last season in a big way and things cant continue.
exactly! just buying time though. they need things to get better, before they can get worse again.

StackerJJ wrote:Sulli knows the fans are at their tether
they got away with demolishing the Boleyn Ground.
they will get some good players in, i don't doubt that. we'll have an alright season, fans will be slightly less miserable, and they have one season to make up some more excuses for next summer's failure.
StackerJJ

Post by StackerJJ »

warp wrote: aside from a world class stadium for next level players?
i know it sound ludicrous now, but many people believed that (i know, not the famous 85%), and they pulled it off...
warp wrote: exactly! just buying time though. they need things to get better, before they can get worse again.
warp wrote: they got away with demolishing the Boleyn Ground.
they will get some good players in, i don't doubt that. we'll have an alright season, fans will be slightly less miserable, and they have one season to make up some more excuses for next summer's failure.
I hear you buddy, you talk sense and i agree with the majority of what you say but something in me feels its different. I'm probably being naive but only time will tell. Everytime we got close to turning the corner we do a U-turn i hear that but this time i'm going to try and enjoy this one. Come the end of the window my tune might change and you'll be telling me i told you so and i'll be happy to hold my hands up. To be honest people are sounding negative about a mid table finish. Me i'll be happy with that as long as by March we're not in a relegation battle again and hopefully still in a cup, baby steps.
spod
Has liked: 317 likes
Total likes: 278 likes

Post by spod »

It's tempting to think that the meetings with fans, the mini-marches, the pitch invasions and the protest in front of the director's box have all had their effect on Sullivan and he's now seen the light. Chastened and humbled, he's recognised his shortcomings, stepped back from the role of fantasy football manager and recruited experienced professionals to take this club forwards.

I actually think he's doing a reasonable job of playing that role.

But one look at the response from his attack dog in The Sun and elsewhere shows you what's really going on.

He's a money-grubber, a chancer, an egomaniac.

He will never change.
Hugh Jargon
Has liked: 170 likes
Total likes: 475 likes

Post by Hugh Jargon »

I have no time for them. I will do my bit to get rid of the low life’s. But if the team improves they will fade into my disassociation. Pardon?
Ben
Location: Overdue warning for being a twat on the rumours thread
Has liked: 22 likes
Total likes: 134 likes

Post by Ben »

if they spend proper money in this window getting players the manager & DoF want (while keeping quiet)
and get rid of Brady
then look to sorting out the stadium
and continue to back the manager in subsequent windows

then maybe they will turn it around for many/some?

I still don't believe the window will pan out how it looks at the moment, certainly in terms of money spent