Little things that irritate you

Anything goes in The Snug, General Discussion's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity where any subject not covered elsewhere may be discussed. Well, anything except golf, Star Wars and Arsenal.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Samba
Has liked: 2484 likes
Total likes: 895 likes

Re: Little things that irritate you

Post by Samba »

southbrishammer wrote:When you're waiting impatiently for the washing machine to finish because you want to empty it before you go out, and it's taking forever on the last spin, which seems to stop and start again a hundred times. Then it finally finishes and you breathe a huge sigh of relief and pull the door handle, only to remember that it then waits three minutes before unlocking the door. The longest three minutes ever.
Yes, very annoying, sbh.
Although some modern machines show, on a little screen, exactly how long is left to go. And when times up, the door can be opened instantly.
Very pleasing.
Greatest Cockney Rip Off
Has liked: 338 likes
Total likes: 728 likes

Post by Greatest Cockney Rip Off »

Mouthbreathers. For f***'s sake, what is wrong with these people? How hard is it to just breathe through your ****ing nose?
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

Samba wrote:Although some modern machines show, on a little screen, exactly how long is left to go. And when times up, the door can be opened instantly.
Except they're about as accurate as those Windows progress indicator bars, when they stop at 100% for several minutes. Or hours.
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

Two germans having a loud, long conversation, near my desk. Why don't you goose-step back over to your desks and prattle away there instead?
delbert
Has liked: 698 likes
Total likes: 697 likes

Post by delbert »

southbrishammer wrote:When you're waiting impatiently for the washing machine to finish because you want to empty it before you go out, and it's taking forever on the last spin, which seems to stop and start again a hundred times. Then it finally finishes and you breathe a huge sigh of relief and pull the door handle, only to remember that it then waits three minutes before unlocking the door. The longest three minutes ever.
We went retro a few years back and got a billy basic top loader. Boil loads done in minutes not hours, no complicated programs, the drum is the right way up so no worn out bearings and the best bit? When you start a load and discover the wandering sock that's been left out you just lift the lid and pop it in..........
Cockneyboy311
Has liked: 541 likes
Total likes: 416 likes

Post by Cockneyboy311 »

Greatest Cockney Rip Off wrote:Mouthbreathers. For ****'s sake, what is wrong with these people? How hard is it to just breathe through your ****ing nose?
My stepson does that. It is irritating.
Cockneyboy311

Post by Cockneyboy311 »

Playing 5 a side last night and the opposing team dishing out the physicals but not liking it back in return.

"Oh, we're playing like that are we? I can play like that if that's what you want."

"Mate, you've been playing like that all game!"

Good job this was getting near to the end of the game as CB311 was starting to go full Roy Keane.
Greatest Cockney Rip Off

Cockneyboy311 wrote:My stepson does that. It is irritating.
I'm seriously thinking of bringing some gaffa tape out with me and just slapping it over their gobs. ****ing irritating.
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

Surveying the kitchen I spent £20k on last winter, utterly destroyed by my wife and kid.
Hummer_I_mean_Hammer
Has liked: 941 likes
Total likes: 479 likes

Post by Hummer_I_mean_Hammer »

Greatest Cockney Rip Off wrote:
I'm seriously thinking of bringing some gaffa tape out with me and just slapping it over their gobs. ****ing irritating.
Yeah, your mum loves it when I do that to her..
chigwells finest
Location: crying with family/crying with strangers & just crying tbh
Has liked: 391 likes
Total likes: 158 likes

Post by chigwells finest »

replies in the transfer thread including the phrases ' sully special' ' next level ' its the west ham way ' etc etc and the like , gets very boring reading the same nonsense time and time again , must be a real pain to moderate as well
old fart
Has liked: 136 likes
Total likes: 356 likes

Post by old fart »

chigwells finest wrote:replies in the transfer thread including the phrases ' sully special' ' next level ' its the west ham way ' etc etc and the like , gets very boring reading the same nonsense time and time again , must be a real pain to moderate as well
Also, I know I'm getting old and grumpy but how many times does CH have to be thanked for his very useful daily update
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 1978 likes
Total likes: 1466 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

chigwells finest wrote: the transfer thread
^^^

In the summer months, it drives me mental.
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

old fart wrote:how many times does CH have to be thanked for his very useful daily update
We can never thank him enough. It got to the point before his last hiatus where he'd get the occasional murmur of gratitude, and I think he started to ask himself why he bothered doing it.

He doesn't do it for our thanks, but we should never take his hard work for granted.
Algarve Hammer
Has liked: 18 likes
Total likes: 9 likes

Post by Algarve Hammer »

DasNutNock wrote:
We can never thank him enough. It got to the point before his last hiatus where he'd get the occasional murmur of gratitude, and I think he started to ask himself why he bothered doing it.

He doesn't do it for our thanks, but we should never take his hard work for granted.

This^^^ :thup:
ageing hammer
Has liked: 484 likes
Total likes: 1475 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

[/quote]
old fart wrote:
Also, I know I'm getting old and grumpy but how many times does CH have to be thanked for his very useful daily update
It's just simply manners mate, If a person holds a door open for you every day would you suddenly stop saying thank you just because they have done it before? :)
Last edited by ageing hammer on Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cockneyboy311

Post by Cockneyboy311 »

DasNutNock wrote:

Absolutely.

Also, and i hope CH doesn't mind me saying, his eyesight isn't the greatest, so i can imagine it takes him a fair bit of time to sort this out each day. That's without adding to the other various threads such as the New Kits one.
S-H
Has liked: 5739 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

I can't speak for everyone else, but I appreciate the time and effort CH puts in to bringing us a news and gossip page, takes me long enough to quote people and post pictures, videos etc. so god knows how long it takes him to do all that before most people are awake.

Cheers CH :thup:
Monkeybubbles
Has liked: 485 likes
Total likes: 1955 likes

Post by Monkeybubbles »

Jesus Christ, these ****ing kittens are insane. They're like a cartoon whirlwind of destruction, chaos and vomit. I should have just invited the traveller camp in the park up the road to stay for a couple of weeks. The house would still smell of s*** but at least I'd get my drive tarmaced. And they probably wouldn't eat my slippers.
Greatest Cockney Rip Off

Monkeybubbles wrote:Jesus Christ, these ****ing kittens are insane. They're like a cartoon whirlwind of destruction, chaos and vomit. I should have just invited the traveller camp in the park up the road to stay for a couple of weeks. The house would still smell of s*** but at least I'd get my drive tarmaced. And they probably wouldn't eat my slippers.
I'll swap them both for the Pug puppy that we've just got. I've nicknamed him TT because he's a tiny terror, like he's possessed by something evil. Every morning, from the moment he wakes up, he's on a permanent mission to terrorise me, the missus, the other pets and anything else he sees fit. This also includes my trainers, boots, trouser hems, hair and furniture. His favourite toy? Oh, that'd be my beard which he takes great delight in pouncing on when I least expect it.