Little things that irritate you

Anything goes in The Snug, General Discussion's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity where any subject not covered elsewhere may be discussed. Well, anything except golf, Star Wars and Arsenal.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham
Has liked: 232 likes
Total likes: 2570 likes

Re: Little things that irritate you

Post by Burnley Hammer »

I tend to get irritated mostly by people doing simple things unnecessarily slowly and holding me up. Such as..

Cars accelerating too slowly when the light turns green.
Cars that always have to drive 10mph below the speed limit
Cars that start slowing down about half a mile before their turning, almost coming to a halt before they carefully turn the corner in slow motion.
People who are never ready when getting on the bus and spend an eternity rummaging through their bags looking for their buss pass or money
People who do the same as the above at the checkout in a shop
People too inept to efficiently use a self service checkout
People who walk too slow - especially groups of people who decide to walk in a line therefore blocking off attempts to overtake.
People who waffle on for 5 minutes before getting to the point.
1 hour meetings at work that could have been done in 5 minutes.

etc etc.
Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing
Has liked: 342 likes
Total likes: 362 likes

Post by Clacton-ammer »

Happy Tuesday Burnley :lol:
Dover KUMB fan
Total likes: 42 likes

Post by Dover KUMB fan »

Burnley Hammer wrote:I tend to get irritated mostly by people doing simple things unnecessarily slowly and holding me up. Such as..

Cars that start slowing down about half a mile before their turning, almost coming to a halt before they carefully turn the corner in slow motion.
People who are never ready when getting on the bus and spend an eternity rummaging through their bags looking for their buss pass or money
People who walk too slow - especially groups of people who decide to walk in a line therefore blocking off attempts to overtake.

etc etc.
I concur with that list entirely.
chigwells finest
Location: crying with family/crying with strangers & just crying tbh
Has liked: 393 likes
Total likes: 158 likes

Post by chigwells finest »

great list BH, you can add to the bus pass list , people who have been on the train 45 mins , only to faff about at the exit looking for their oyster or debit card .
Mega Ron
Has liked: 170 likes
Total likes: 175 likes

Post by Mega Ron »

Burnley Hammer wrote:I tend to get irritated mostly by people doing simple things unnecessarily slowly and holding me up. Such as..
  • Cars accelerating too slowly when the light turns green;
  • Cars that always have to drive 10mph below the speed limit;
  • Cars that start slowing down about half a mile before their turning, almost coming to a halt before they carefully turn the corner in slow motion;
  • People who are never ready when getting on the bus and spend an eternity rummaging through their bags looking for their buss pass or money;
  • People who do the same as the above at the checkout in a shop;
  • People too inept to efficiently use a self service checkout;
  • People who walk too slow - especially groups of people who decide to walk in a line therefore blocking off attempts to overtake;
  • People who waffle on for 5 minutes before getting to the point; and
  • 1 hour meetings at work that could have been done in 5 minutes.
etc etc.
Sort your list out. Never mind, I'll do it.
Hampshire Hammer
Has liked: 2429 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Post by Hampshire Hammer »

etc etc.
Try commuting and working in London, except that mine doesn't involve driving and I sometimes use the tube rather than using the bus, this is my day when working in the office.
Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham
Has liked: 232 likes
Total likes: 2570 likes

Post by Burnley Hammer »

Hampshire Hammer wrote:Try commuting and working in London, except that mine doesn't involve driving and I sometimes use the tube rather than using the bus, this is my day when working in the office.
I couldn't do that. That would be just far too many people to potentially get in my way. I'd end up having a breakdown.

You should have quoted Mega Rons properly formatted amendment by the way. He'll be upset that you're reposting my sloppily unformatted list.
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

DasNutNock wrote:Decided to drive to work today. Took me an hour and a quarter to drive 7 miles home today. I’ve run it quicker than that. When I was tired.
Turns out the traffic's been mental round here the past few days because of this:

https://www.getsurrey.co.uk/news/surrey ... d-14788957" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Should have their license taken off them for at least 6 months. No way was that driver paying any attention - staring at her phone, presumably.
Eggs'n'nuts
Has liked: 153 likes
Total likes: 333 likes

Post by Eggs'n'nuts »

Hampton Court flower show in a couple of weeks Dan.

Oh deep f**king joy!
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

Eggs'n'nuts wrote:Hampton Court flower show in a couple of weeks Dan.

Oh deep f**king joy!
I'm not working in Thames Ditton any more :( so shalln't be particularly affected by this. Shame, I did like that neck of the woods, especially running along the Thames this time of year.
Eggs'n'nuts

Post by Eggs'n'nuts »

You're absolutely right mate, it is a lovely part of the world; except for those seven days or so. Very irritating when The M25 is the lesser of all the evils.
Hampshire Hammer
Has liked: 2429 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Post by Hampshire Hammer »

Burnley Hammer wrote: You should have quoted Mega Rons properly formatted amendment by the way. He'll be upset that you're reposting my sloppily unformatted list.
But this is the "irritating" thread and then it wouldn't have irritated Mega Ron ;)
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2424 likes
Total likes: 2636 likes

Post by sendô »

Eggs'n'nuts wrote:Raheem Sterling; and the commentators that constantly blow smoke up his a**e.

What a relief when he was substituted.
People who feel the need to constantly coat off a player trying his best at the World Cup.
the celestial insect

Post by the celestial insect »

Myself.
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

Eggs'n'nuts wrote:You're absolutely right mate, it is a lovely part of the world; except for those seven days or so. Very irritating when The M25 is the lesser of all the evils.
Back on the bike today, breezed past the traffic. Takes me 32 minutes at a fair pace, 30-odd if I’m gunning it. I don’t know why more people don’t leave the car and take their bikes round here - plenty of off-road cycle paths and quiet roads to safely ride down. Especially this time of year, who wants to be stuck in traffic when they could be getting some air & exercise?
Eggs'n'nuts

Post by Eggs'n'nuts »

People who feel the need to constantly coat off a player trying his best at the World Cup.[/quote]

Sorry sendô, I want England to win the World cup as much as the next man and I'll put aside any domestic rivalry, but I don't think Sterling is worthy of a starting position. He constantly runs down blind alleys and always seems to give the ball away. If he's there on the strength of his league performances, I think there's quite a few players that could have scored twenty plus goals from close range in last seasons City side.
Eggs'n'nuts

Post by Eggs'n'nuts »

Back on the bike today, breezed past the traffic. Takes me 32 minutes at a fair pace, 30-odd if I’m gunning it. I don’t know why more people don’t leave the car and take their bikes round here - plenty of off-road cycle paths and quiet roads to safely ride down. Especially this time of year, who wants to be stuck in traffic when they could be getting some air & exercise?[/quote]

You're in a nice part of the world. Nice and leafy. If I was to attempt cycling from North Cheam to Pinewood, I'd be:-
(a) Blowing out my a**e and fit for f**k all when I got there (approx. 27 miles) and,
(b) There'd be a good chance I'd be written off before I even got there in the first place! The way some of them fly round the top of Heathrow airport heading towards the Colnbrook by-pass is f**king insane!
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 1978 likes
Total likes: 1466 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

[quote="Eggs'n'nuts"][/quote]

Not learning how to quote properly. :wink:
Eggs'n'nuts

Post by Eggs'n'nuts »

Not learning how to quote properly. :wink:[/quote]

Sorry eggy. I've never been able to do that "double quote" thingy most of you are very adept at; this reply being one of them!
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 1978 likes
Total likes: 1466 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

Eggs'n'nuts wrote:
Sorry eggy. I've never been able to do that "double quote" thingy most of you are very adept at; this reply being one of them!
I'm just pulling your chain Eggs. Just leave in the bit that looks like this at the start of the quote. :thup:

[ quote=" "]