Mark Noble - West Ham Legend 500 up

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

hamstas_paradise
Has liked: 26 likes
Total likes: 27 likes

Re: Mark Noble - West Ham Legend

Post by hamstas_paradise »

Whilst he wasn't in the running for HOTY I thought Noble had a very good season once he was back in the team. Whilst he's getting older and can't last forever I have seen nothing to suggest he should not be in the running for a starting spot next season. It's an unglamorous but essential position that he plays and he fills it well...plus there are all the club skipper related benefits of having him in the squad.

Eventually all the naysayers will be right, but I hope he has a couple more seasons in him. If we sign someone better, great, but that will be costly and I don't see the need right now...the budget would be better prioritised towards a creative midfielder and a striker to replace Chicarito (I just don't rate him worth the huge wage costs) and those players will be expensive. Let's not spend money replacing Noble where it isn't needed (yet).
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6759 likes
Total likes: 2352 likes

Post by Colours never run »

Duff wrote:If he doesn't have to do the work of 3 men, we might see the best of him this year.
Great shout.
Exiledin cardiff
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 56 likes

Post by Exiledin cardiff »

Bang average player turned into a demi God because of where he was born, Surprised Sulli ain't sold every one except Noble and plucks 10 fans from the stands . I mean Noble is that good. Reality he isn't, the last two seasons he has been below average, and don't blame the move he a professional footballer, paid to play football be it at the BG,, Anfield Old Trafford or the LS.

Just because he hailed from Canning Town don't make him great, He can be and should be replaced. Isn't Rice the new flavour of the month.
As for thew work of three men leave off he's behind play, scared to head a ball. afraid of the ball turns his back on shots, and so slow it's criminal. Mind you he is the master of marking space and pointing here there and everywhere pointing out what others should be doing but not doing so himself.
taffhammer
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by taffhammer »

Exiledin cardiff wrote:Bang average player turned into a demi God because of where he was born,
There's no doubt we could get a better player in but there's also no doubt we are , at present , a better team with him in it.
thejackhammer
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by thejackhammer »

If you think Noble is scared of the ball you need to watch a few of our games, especially the poor ones where everyone else goes hiding. Noble is constantly asking for the ball, trying to get a move started whilst everyone else watches, hides, and lumps the ball away.
psychoscoredthelot
Has liked: 82 likes
Total likes: 201 likes

Post by psychoscoredthelot »

Exiledin cardiff wrote:Bang average player turned into a demi God because of where he was born, Surprised Sulli ain't sold every one except Noble and plucks 10 fans from the stands . I mean Noble is that good. Reality he isn't, the last two seasons he has been below average, and don't blame the move he a professional footballer, paid to play football be it at the BG,, Anfield Old Trafford or the LS.

Just because he hailed from Canning Town don't make him great, He can be and should be replaced. Isn't Rice the new flavour of the month.
As for thew work of three men leave off he's behind play, scared to head a ball. afraid of the ball turns his back on shots, and so slow it's criminal. Mind you he is the master of marking space and pointing here there and everywhere pointing out what others should be doing but not doing so himself.
Ouch
Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham
Has liked: 236 likes
Total likes: 2575 likes

Post by Burnley Hammer »

taffhammer wrote:There's no doubt we could get a better player in but there's also no doubt we are , at present , a better team with him in it.
Are we? I'm not sure that's a great argument. We've been largely rubbish the last two seasons. Is there any evidence that we'd have been even more rubbish without him? He played most of games we got thrashed didn't he? I don't mind Noble, he does some good stuff well, and some stuff bad, but overall he's pretty decent. Some of the arguments used in here though to either defend him or trash him are just rubbish.

It's only a matter of time before the 'when Noble plays well, West Ham play well' argument appears again.
Exiledin cardiff

I wish people would give other players the same consideration they give Noble, we're so quick to slate a player for a mistake, but good old Noble it's just part of his game, double standards.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6759 likes
Total likes: 2352 likes

Post by Colours never run »

thejackhammer wrote:If you think Noble is scared of the ball you need to watch a few of our games, especially the poor ones where everyone else goes hiding. Noble is constantly asking for the ball, trying to get a move started whilst everyone else watches, hides, and lumps the ball away.
100%
Doc H Ball
Has liked: 935 likes
Total likes: 1951 likes

Post by Doc H Ball »

Good God.

I sometimes wish time had stood still after we had lost to Spurs 4:3.
Exiledin cardiff

Do illucidate about the 4:3 please
Doc H Ball
Has liked: 935 likes
Total likes: 1951 likes

Post by Doc H Ball »

Will try to elucidate.

2006/7 - we’re going down, the crowd had turned on the team, Spurs do us at the death, 19 year old Noble in tears at the end and the crowd turned around again. If you were there then you’ll know it was the game that saved us from relegation.

Since then Noble has been more or less an ever present. He’s probably played more games than anyone else will do for us again. You can have your opinion, of course, as to how good a player he really is but then it all depends on what you expect and what you get out of the game.

For me it’s about valediction, a sense of belonging and identity. The 3:4 was a great game, a victory in the face of a defeat. Nowadays, it seems to be about buying into a pipe dream.
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 813 likes
Total likes: 3032 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

Doc :thup:
only1post
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 86 likes

Post by only1post »

5* elucidating doc.
Blow Bubbles

Post by Blow Bubbles »

I don’t care if people think I’m wearing my c&b tinted glasses... I love him, always will. He starts every game for me and will always be our captain.

I bloody love him. But I also think he’s a much better player than many give him credit for.
Mega Ron
Has liked: 168 likes
Total likes: 171 likes

Post by Mega Ron »

I did love him. I would support him.

He changed my opinion of him this season. Specifically with his actions in and around the Burnley game.

Are there excuses that can be used to explain his actions? Of course.

But I can't forgive these owners for what they have done and I can't forgive ANYONE who toes the company line ahead of protecting our fans. That applies to Noble and Brooking.
e17
Has liked: 291 likes
Total likes: 976 likes

Post by e17 »

You must have lived a very heartbreaking life as a WHU supporter then, Megaron

Even dear old Bonzo managed Millwall
Samba
Has liked: 2466 likes
Total likes: 892 likes

Post by Samba »

e17 wrote:You must have lived a very heartbreaking life as a WHU supporter then, Megaron
Even dear old Bonzo managed Millwall
:shock:
How dare you. Wash your mouth ou...
:oops:
Oh yeah, so he did...
hammerman11
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 745 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

noble has been a steady premier league player with one very good season 2016. he is now 31 and slowing down, he can still influence games but he is fading. if we get a few new players in the midfield I can see him being phased out and being a good squad player for us over next few seasons.
At the end of the day he has been well paid by WHU for his services. Somewhat surprising that no one ever bid for him which I think shows he wasnt as good as some think with their c & b specs on.

upgrade need on nobes I am afraid. time waits for no man or ginger pele !
CMNinja
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by CMNinja »

hammerman11 wrote:Somewhat surprising that no one ever bid for him which I think shows he wasnt as good as some think with their c & b specs on.
1- How do you know?
2 - That's got to be one of the worst indicators of quality I've ever read.