Andy Carroll

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

warp
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Re: Andy Carroll

Post by warp »

the most west ham thing would be giving him another 5 years after he scores 4 goals in 3 games, and then he's back to the treatment table forever.
yakandyeti
Has liked: 425 likes
Total likes: 64 likes

Post by yakandyeti »

JustJoe85 wrote:
It's obvious to me that the most 'West Ham' thing ever will happen here.

No buyers this summer so Carroll stays, keeps fit and scores 25 goals. Then leaves at the end of the season on a free to Spurs or Chelsea :lol:
we have a 2 year option so I make scores 3 in 4 gets the clause triggered then gets injured the more likely and equally West Ham thing to happen.
I am Lawro
Has liked: 9 likes
Total likes: 16 likes

Post by I am Lawro »

We will see more of Carroll this season. I doubt another team will take him if he has another season spent on the treatment table and he's too young to fall off of the Premier League gravy train just yet.

He will take care of himself this season. Not that I'm implying that he hasn't in the past...*cough*
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1788 likes
Total likes: 2073 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

This comment was removed by a moderator because it failed to abide by our community standards. For more details, please refer to the Forum Terms of Use. Replies may also be deleted.
Last edited by -DL- on Wed May 30, 2018 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Potentially libellous comment removed
vietnammer
Bucky the beaver
Has liked: 621 likes
Total likes: 579 likes

Post by vietnammer »

Never bought into the 'bad attitude' stuff about AC. He's a VERY good footballer who's been hampered by injury. Unfortunately that raises serious questions about whether Pellegrini has any plans for him.
szola
Has liked: 586 likes
Total likes: 347 likes

Post by szola »

vietnammer wrote:Never bought into the 'bad attitude' stuff about AC. He's a VERY good footballer who's been hampered by injury. Unfortunately that raises serious questions about whether Pellegrini has any plans for him.
:D

Cheers, I needed that!
vietnammer
Bucky the beaver
Has liked: 621 likes
Total likes: 579 likes

Post by vietnammer »

Been searching previous posts to see if that was ironic. Thing is, if WHU put him up for sale where would go? Think maybe newly-promoted Prem sides (Fulham) might take a punt, otherwise down a division? Think it's down to bad luck but his really big money days may be over.
TheHandOfDog
Has liked: 523 likes
Total likes: 419 likes

Post by TheHandOfDog »

His wages could be used elsewhere, great on his day. Doesn't get enough days to play because he is handicapped.
warp
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Post by warp »

for the money we would (not) get, it's probably better to keep him as an option this season for those 15 games he's not broken, and then goodbye.

he'll find some other lucrative deal, he's in dubai most of his time anyway.
e-20
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by e-20 »

vietnammer wrote:Never bought into the 'bad attitude' stuff about AC. He's a VERY good footballer who's been hampered by injury. Unfortunately that raises serious questions about whether Pellegrini has any plans for him.
Of course he has a plan for him it's just a matter as to whether the owners will cough up the money to send him to Dignitas.
johnnyb
Has liked: 31 likes
Total likes: 65 likes

Post by johnnyb »

The thing with Carroll is that you just can't rely on him to stay fit for very long. He is therefore disruptive to a team's set up system of play. Anyway I think Pellegrini will want to play more of a possession based game if he can. Not sure Carroll fits in with that type of game.
e-20
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by e-20 »

johnnyb wrote:The thing with Carroll is that you just can't rely on him to stay fit for very long. He is therefore disruptive to a team's set up system of play. Anyway I think Pellegrini will want to play more of a possession based game if he can. Not sure Carroll fits in with that type of game.
Exactly it's easy talking about him playing 15 or so games and judging him by specific contributions in microcosm but that ignores the disruption to shape and style that are much more difficult to discern though clearly Moyes felt it, and probably does as much damage to performances overall and certainly consistency as his more productive moments adds to the team's success on the odd day. The disruption is simply not worth the contribution he occasionally adds in an ideal world but sadly all this makes him an unsalable commodity so I guess unless he is to be written off then we will have to make the most of what he can offer and try to maximise it. The deciding factor may just be whether he is a positive or negative factor off of the pitch in the eyes of the Manager.
The Collector
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 12 likes

Post by The Collector »

e-20 wrote:Of course he has a plan for him it's just a matter as to whether the owners will cough up the money to send him to Dignitas.
I was going to post “They shoot horses, don’t they?” But this post beats it hands down. :clap:
Aztec Hammer
Has liked: 866 likes
Total likes: 4270 likes

Post by Aztec Hammer »

We need to sell this muppet as soon as we can. To whichever foolish team is desperate enough.

Terrible attitude and a bane on our team for ages. Get rid of him.
S-H
Has liked: 5739 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

Back doing individual training, already.

https://twitter.com/whufc_news/status/1 ... 7652639744

Fair play.
StackerJJ

Post by StackerJJ »

somerset-hammer wrote:Back doing individual training, already.

https://twitter.com/whufc_news/status/1 ... 7652639744

Fair play.
Read the first comment Somerset you'll see they've stolen that vid from about 2/3 years ago and re posted it (2015 to be precise).. Not legit.
Cockneyboy311
Has liked: 541 likes
Total likes: 416 likes

Post by Cockneyboy311 »

e-20 wrote: Of course he has a plan for him it's just a matter as to whether the owners will cough up the money to send him to Dignitas.
That made me do one of those snorting laughs. Well done sir :D
S-H
Has liked: 5739 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

What a twat I am :D

As you were!
StackerJJ

Post by StackerJJ »

somerset-hammer wrote:What a twat I am :D

As you were!
I nearly fell for it too to be honest, I never normally read comments it was an accidental flick of the finger that did it haha.
poplargeezer
Has liked: 23 likes
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by poplargeezer »

The issues are:
Could we sell him? - doubt it
If we keep what is his role? - good points made earlier here that you can't build your team around him. He's therefore an impact sub
Does keeping him mean there's an opportunity cost - it ties up funds that could be used elsewhere? Suspect cost of paying him wouldn't be much different from what we're paying.

Need to recognise because of his injury record he will be a marginal member of our squad but can, as he has done this season, on his day turn things around when called on as sub

We need 2 strikers this summer