Manuel Pellegrini: West Ham United’s 17th manager

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

S-H
Has liked: 5739 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Re: Manuel Pellegrini West Ham United’s 17th new manager

Post by S-H »

hammerman11 wrote:all a bit slow like our signings. surely we should have it in place by now and working towards pre season.

I have a feeling he wont be here that long as our board will make it very hard for him

What exactly are your feelings based on?

And what would any staff be doing towards pre season when everybody is on their holidays or at the World Cup?

Our pre season destinations, have all been sorted, what else should they be doing?

Stick to making lists in the transfer thread.
JLCABA
Has liked: 202 likes
Total likes: 160 likes

Post by JLCABA »

hammerman11 wrote:all a bit slow like our signings. surely we should have it in place by now and working towards pre season.

I have a feeling he wont be here that long as our board will make it very hard for him
FFS .... lighten up chap
szola
Has liked: 586 likes
Total likes: 347 likes

Post by szola »

Will be interesting to see if Pellegrini can mould a squad that is good enough to play with four at the back.

We have two fullbacks on either side, and at the moment we have two seniors and two youngsters, who can play in the heart of the defense (Ogbonna + Kouyate, Rice + Oxford).

Need more strength and mobility in front of these players, if we don't want to conceed a couple of goals per game.
the celestial insect

Post by the celestial insect »

Maybe I've missed something, but other than medical staff and DoF, have we appointed any coaching staff yet?
Shy Ted
Has liked: 453 likes
Total likes: 188 likes

Post by Shy Ted »

When the West Ham squad will meet Manuel Pellegrini at Rush Green for the first time. :shock:

The players will meet their new manager for the first time along with his coaching staff, who we expect to be assistant Ruben Cousillas, fitness coach Jose Cabello plus a couple of others

https://www.football.london/west-ham-un ... i-14812445
the celestial insect

Re: the above...
Pellegrini and Cabello had the City players training three times a day when he first rocked up at the Etihad to whip them in to shape. West Ham were very unfit under Slaven Bilic, that improved a lot under Moyes but it's still not likely to be enough for Pellegrini and Cabello.
https://www.football.london/west-ham-un ... m-14695657" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Hamburger
Has liked: 853 likes
Total likes: 432 likes

Post by Hamburger »

So far I’ve been impressed with the new guvnor. Training on small pitches with one touch football, which I’ve seen in Spain but never heard of here. His insistence on younger players and giving U23s a chance bodes well for building a long term team at last. I was delighted to see Samuelsen taken to Switzerland with the first team, I watched him several times in PL2 and thought his clever ball skills would make him an exciting prospect. Got farmed out to some kick, run & hack teams and was even berated for taking on players. Loaning out talent to lower clubs is a big beef of mine and the disadvantage of crap coaching easily outweighs the ‘experience’ argument imo. Pellegrini obviously appreciates ball skills and I hope he can get a tune out of Samuelsen and we get a good ‘freebie’ squad midfielder.
Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham
Has liked: 232 likes
Total likes: 2570 likes

Post by Burnley Hammer »

Samuelson does have some very clever skills, but he seems weak with his final ball. I watched the youtube video again earlier of the lad from Montenegro whose name I can never spell. He looked very promising and with plenty of experience already amongst men and not boys - albeit in an inferior league - I'm surprised he hasn't come further. I'll be interested to see if can progress this year. Apart from that though, I share your thoughts - I'm feeling quite optimistic that we'll be watching some good stuff this season.
the celestial insect

Was Pellegrini at Man C the same time as Samuelsen? Might be interesting if so because I'd assume he knows something about his potential.
Patito

Post by Patito »

the celestial insect wrote:Was Pellegrini at Man C the same time as Samuelsen? Might be interesting if so because I'd assume he knows something about his potential.
Yes from 2013 - 2015.
YorksHammer
Has liked: 382 likes
Total likes: 1412 likes

Post by YorksHammer »

Burnley Hammer wrote:Samuelson does have some very clever skills, but he seems weak with his final ball. I watched the youtube video again earlier of the lad from Montenegro whose name I can never spell. He looked very promising and with plenty of experience already amongst men and not boys - albeit in an inferior league - I'm surprised he hasn't come further. I'll be interested to see if can progress this year. Apart from that though, I share your thoughts - I'm feeling quite optimistic that we'll be watching some good stuff this season.
I'd wager that the reason Haksabanovic didn't get much time to prove himself is because, as I think an ITK has said somewhere (it was possible ExWHUEmployee, now I think about it), nobody knew who he was until he turned up for training one day on £18k a week. He was part of the Arnie deal, basically a sweetner to the agent for organising that deal as we agreed with him (Salthouse, I think) that we'd take Sead as well. Comes down to Sullivan prefering certain agents and working with them, plus giving them sweetners so they'll work with us again.
StackerJJ

Post by StackerJJ »

Is it me or does there seem to be a lack of pre season training videos etc? Normally our media team are showing "intense" training videos etc this time of the year. Do you think this is something El Pell has stopped, he doesnt want his training sessions being shown. What are your thoughts?
ageing hammer
Has liked: 484 likes
Total likes: 1475 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

StackerJJ wrote:Is it me or does there seem to be a lack of pre season training videos etc? Normally our media team are showing "intense" training videos etc this time of the year. Do you think this is something El Pell has stopped, he doesnt want his training sessions being shown. What are your thoughts?
Sully took the camcorder to Marbella
frankiemac

Post by frankiemac »

when held up at gunpoint recently in chile with his wife, not only did he not **** it, he had a go at the robber (who got a shot off as well!)

...what a geezer he is...

he aint going to be scared to hand out some bollockings in the dressing room

all the man city i know (i live in manc), love the bloke...said it was amazing football, and he won trophies...his record is superb, never finishing below 7th

the good times are coming!!
Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham
Has liked: 232 likes
Total likes: 2570 likes

Post by Burnley Hammer »

frankiemac wrote:...his record is superb, never finishing below 7th
The pessimist in me says "there's a first time for everything!"
Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing
Has liked: 342 likes
Total likes: 362 likes

Re: Manuel Pellegrini West Ham United’s 17th manager

Post by Clacton-ammer »

That's what I thought Burnley :lol:

West ham have worn us down....
claretandblue82
Has liked: 23 likes
Total likes: 31 likes

Post by claretandblue82 »

If anyone can break that record it will be us!

'Mr Pellegrini welcome to West Ham United'
'Never finished below 7th you say. Well lets see about that shall we'

:wink:
StackerJJ

Post by StackerJJ »

I read an article saying that now he has his signings he wants the club to invest in the training facilities. currently there is no undersoil heating, the gym cant accommodate the full first team squad and there is no sufficient indoor area..

If he manages to pull of the upgrade and redevelopment of the training ground also he will definitely go down as one our greatest signings in modern times. This has been needed to about 15 years.. All we did was move the facilities haven't been relevant for years.

Keep up the good work MP :thup:
Ariksan
Has liked: 15 likes
Total likes: 25 likes

Post by Ariksan »

Love it.
I bet Sullivan privately regrets not extending Moyes contract :lol:
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1905 likes
Total likes: 1614 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

From Hugh's website.....

(do I have to accredit him)

http://www.claretandhugh.info/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The lightning quick right back said: “He works hard with us in training, he makes sure we are organised so we need to cut that out this season but he also wants us organised first and foremost about not conceding goals.

“I think it’s common knowledge that we conceded a lot of goals last season so we need to cut that out this year

Wasn't this said about Moyes when he first showed @ UP ? (speaking off which, why doesn't Dave post here any more .... )

:lol:

Proof of the pudding, although to be fair, MP has a few new faces to try this out on....