Little things that irritate you

Anything goes in The Snug, General Discussion's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity where any subject not covered elsewhere may be discussed. Well, anything except golf, Star Wars and Arsenal.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Hemel Iron

Re: Little things that irritate you

Post by Hemel Iron »

People who have no sense of awareness in busy places such as a train station, they just randomly decide to stop and block off people without any thought. The most annoying are those who are walking towards a ticket barrier and then decide at the last moment to rummage through pockets or bags searching for their ticket or Oyster Card. Ridiculous, as if they don't know in advance they will need it.

Also mindless morons who choose to join a lengthy queue in a coffee shop and then proceed to complain to staff that they have a train to catch. Well don't ****ing join a long queue then you fat twats.
Samba
Has liked: 2482 likes
Total likes: 894 likes

Post by Samba »

Hemel Iron wrote:People who have no sense of awareness in busy places.
With you there, Hemel.
Obviously, road users with the similar, 'couldn't give a f*** about anyone else on the road' mentality, as well.
Selfie takers, probably.
Smonnie
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Smonnie »

Hemel Iron wrote:People who have no sense of awareness in busy places.
People that stop in doorways and thoroughfares, and groups that walk three abreast on a pavement and expect you to step into the road to avoid them.

Knobs..
S-H
Has liked: 5739 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

Do women with their kids in pushchairs have the divine right to push through crowds, forcing people out-of-the-way like they have the right of way?

Some bitch smashed into the back of my ankles on Saturday in a busy shop, and when I looked around and told her to watch where she was ****ing going, by the look on her face and her reaction, anyone would think I'd taken a :thdn: on her kids lap.

She offered no apology, and carried on forcing her way through the crowds.

Was I out of order?
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

somerset-hammer wrote:Was I out of order?
A bit, though she probably should have asked you to step aside first. When I'm pushing my daughter in her buggy, I'm consistently amazed by how infrequently people will offer to make space for me to pass. My wife and I have been clipped by cars mounting the kerb in order to drop their kids off at the private school at the end of our road, doors swung open into us - never any apology or even acknowledgement of their actions. Add to that just how fragile and vulnerable a young life is in a pram, you do rather run short on patience with a world seemingly populated by people with an over developed sense of self-importance and an utter disregard for everyone and anyone else.
S-H

Post by S-H »

I understand that Dan, and I'm usually happy to move aside for people with pushchairs, the elderly or disabled, but she was behind me, so I was unaware and she rammed me in the ankles, and after me did it to a few others, who were also oblivious.

Maybe my reaction was unnecessary but, buggy or not that's unacceptable behavior in my opinion.
rare as rockinghorse shat
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Post by rare as rockinghorse shat »

You should have stabbed her in the face in front of her traumatised infant.
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1787 likes
Total likes: 2071 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

There's a fine line between that and using the buggy as a weapon.
Hammer.CA
Has liked: 2781 likes
Total likes: 607 likes

Post by Hammer.CA »

Philip Schofield playing with a kitten on the WE Buy Any Car ad. :thdn:
S-H

Post by S-H »

Hammer.CA wrote:Philip Schofield playing with a kitten on the WE Buy Any Car ad. :thdn:
Was it Holly's?
Hammer.CA
Has liked: 2781 likes
Total likes: 607 likes

Post by Hammer.CA »

That would be irritating, for Mrs Schofield maybe.
the celestial insect

Post by the celestial insect »

Hammer.CA wrote:Philip Schofield playing with a kitten on the WE Buy Any Car ad. :thdn:
I couldn't believe that when I saw it so actually looked it up on YouTube to make sure I wasn't hallucinating like before. I've come to the conclusion that it's supposed to be tongue in cheek. There's no way they can be serious.
Samba
Has liked: 2482 likes
Total likes: 894 likes

Post by Samba »

somerset-hammer wrote:Was I out of order?
No. The onus is always on the person behind to avoid a knock, whether person, vehicle, pushchair or wheelchair.
To just push your way through, regardless of people's ankles, is just bad form & the height of ignorance.
Hammers Dad
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 49 likes

Post by Hammers Dad »

the celestial insect wrote:
I couldn't believe that when I saw it so actually looked it up on YouTube to make sure I wasn't hallucinating like before. I've come to the conclusion that it's supposed to be tongue in cheek. There's no way they can be serious.
It's in the same vein as the others....topless statue of Schofield; Scholfield on a zip wire to name but two
bondsbootlaces
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by bondsbootlaces »

For the past 2 weeks my job has been me copying and pasting. That's it, 10-12 hours a day, 5 days a week. It's staying that way for at least another 2 weeks before I can spend a week actually doing something productive and meanwhile that requires more than 2 brain cells to be in use. Then after doing that back to copying and pasting.

This is so soul destroying, up until 2 weeks ago I was running a project on my own, learning new things, talking to people and doing something worthwhile. Wouldn't be as bad but due to all the other people in my team being unable to even piss on their own I'm also sat on my own. This is soul destroying, I'm doing less than ever and every new copy and paste job just gets bigger and is of no importance or relevance to anything I do day to day.
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

Learn to write macros or scripts or similar to automate it all.
bondsbootlaces

Post by bondsbootlaces »

DasNutNock wrote:Learn to write macros or scripts or similar to automate it all.
I had been, then some ****ing numpty the other side of the planet ****ed up a huge load so now it's easier gaining access to the Bank of England's vaults than to get approval to use one of the poxy things.
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

Sounds familiar. Someone makes a simple mistake, some dickhead in power wildly over-reacts.
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

I just overheard the flamboyant (fat, dress sense stuck in the 80s) German woman in the office loudly saying how she hopes England lose tomorrow night because she's sick of all the English people talking about football. In England.
bondsbootlaces

Post by bondsbootlaces »

DasNutNock wrote:Sounds familiar. Someone makes a simple mistake, some dickhead in power wildly over-reacts.
Exactly, how about stopping HIM doing any more until he isn't a useless prick? Nope everyone else suffers because of it. ****ers.