Late David Gold, Sullivan and Brady

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

GaryP
Total likes: 71 likes

Re: Gold and Sullivan ???

Post by GaryP »

Nesticles wrote:https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44725744" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Tony Henry: West Ham's ex-head of recruitment banned for 12 months

What about the Director of Football who openly states his role in signing players who oversaw this whole recruitment strategy? :hush:
How much was he paid by the board to take the rap entirely ?
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 758 likes
Total likes: 3491 likes

Re: The owners - the case against (please keep live)

Post by Up the Junction »

The Old Man of Storr wrote:We had a brilliant plan but Sullivan got the ICF on board and they in turn managed to cancel the march and threatened anyone who still wanted to .
It was the ICF's demo - the still disenchanted protested inside the stadium instead and in turn generated far more publicity than could have ever have been possible with a march outside the stadium.

In terms of avoiding negative publicity, cancelling the march was the worst thing they could have done. And so here we are. :thup:
Thekorean
Total likes: 7 likes

Post by Thekorean »

Most of the things that has been said about Daves are true. They are slimey, dishonest bastards.

That being said, be careful what you wish for if you want them to sell the club.
hammerman11
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 750 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

if they continue to back the manager this season and from then onwards and improve things at the bowl then that is fine. however no one trusts or believes the BS they spout.
Ozza
Has liked: 944 likes
Total likes: 2392 likes

Post by Ozza »

Thekorean wrote: That being said, be careful what you wish for if you want them to sell the club.
Why’s that? I can’t think of anyone worse than these leeching c****
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 2015 likes
Total likes: 1496 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

Its a real shame it took a pitch invasion and some disorder inside that ****hole of a stadium to finally invest some serious dosh in the playing squad. :x
Ozza
Has liked: 944 likes
Total likes: 2392 likes

Post by Ozza »

westham,eggyandchips wrote:Its a real shame it took a pitch invasion and some disorder inside that ****hole of a stadium to finally invest some serious dosh in the playing squad. :x
Certainly not doing it for the good of the fans, I’ve said it before with these c**** they always give a new manager some decent cash in their first window, after that they massively under invest, I don’t see any difference now.
DaveWHU1964
Has liked: 1296 likes
Total likes: 684 likes

Post by DaveWHU1964 »

Thekorean wrote:That being said, be careful what you wish for if you want them to sell the club.
No, I won’t be careful what I wish for.

I’d put the odds that we’d get worse than them at maybe one in fifty. I’ll take that. Under this lot I’ve lost much of my interest and care for something that’s meant so much to me for decades. I can’t get any of that back whilst the scum are still here.

GSB out.
The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2687 likes
Total likes: 1783 likes

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

Up the Junction wrote: It was the ICF's demo - the still disenchanted protested inside the stadium instead and in turn generated far more publicity than could have ever have been possible with a march outside the stadium.

In terms of avoiding negative publicity, cancelling the march was the worst thing they could have done. And so here we are. :thup:
Without opening the old arguments about who did what and why - yes it was an ICF led march initially but thousands of non-ICF joined up in the hope of having an influence on removing the Board - also , unlike the WHUISA it wasn't democratic , I'd like to say it was a benevolent Dictatorship but it certainly wasn't that even :) - had the march gone ahead with the proposed hearses it's possible that it would have eclipsed what went on inside the ground against Burnley .

Anyway , we are where we are , Gold and Sullivan have finally found the keys to the safe but they're still here and they will be until they've amassed their biggest fortune of all . If they manage to buy the London Stadium before they go , carry on the current investment and sell to a reputable owner then most of us will be happy .
Hammers28

Post by Hammers28 »

I would be waiting until the end of the window before coming to the conclusion that they are spending money.

Two of the signings, Fredericks and Wilshere, were free transfers and one was a relatively cheap GK from a relegated team. Maybe we will sign Anderson for a record fee but no doubt that will be offset by the sale of others - Burke already and rumours of Antonio, Obiang, Kouyate and maybe Ogbonna to follow.

Is this next level or a reshuffle of the pack at very little (if any) cost?
The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2687 likes
Total likes: 1783 likes

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

Hammers28 wrote:I would be waiting until the end of the window before coming to the conclusion that they are spending money.

Two of the signings, Fredericks and Wilshere, were free transfers and one was a relatively cheap GK from a relegated team. Maybe we will sign Anderson for a record fee but no doubt that will be offset by the sale of others - Burke already and rumours of Antonio, Obiang, Kouyate and maybe Ogbonna to follow.
I'm not bothered about them breaking transfer records and parading ' Marquee Signings ' , it's improving the Squad every season they should be concentrating on , instead we've had a Chairman who's been trying to find the next big thing every year and wasting good money .

I don't mind low spending and I understand a club like ours has to go down the loan route - just don't panic buy the likes of Arbeloa and gamble on the likes of Paulista every season , it's better not to spend money at all rather than waste it - I've no complaints about this summer's transfer window , it's been spot on so far .
David Sullivan deserves a lot of credit this summer .
Moxy

Post by Moxy »

It doesn’t matter who they sign or how much they spend, the pair of them and Brady are scum and the quicker their out of this club the better. :crest:
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place

The Old Man of Storr wrote:...had the march gone ahead with the proposed hearses it's possible that it would have eclipsed what went on inside the ground against Burnley .
How is that possible?

Do you really think the PL and FA would have given a toss about a few hearses driving around Stratford!? Of course they wouldn't!

But fans kicking off INSIDE a stadium, with the pictures being broadcast around the world? Now that's a story.
GaryP
Total likes: 71 likes

Post by GaryP »

Moxy wrote:It doesn’t matter who they sign or how much they spend, the pair of them and Brady are scum and the quicker their out of this club the better. :crest:

Is the correct answer. There is nothing they could do now to redeem themselves, even if we did a Leicester. Any achievement at West Ham will always be in spite of them not because of them.
Mega Ron
Has liked: 168 likes
Total likes: 171 likes

Post by Mega Ron »

DaveWHU1964 wrote:No, I won’t be careful what I wish for. GSB out.
I'm with you on this Dave.

I understand the 'Better the Devil you know' sentiment. But our owner actually is the devil.
Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing
Has liked: 337 likes
Total likes: 357 likes

Post by Clacton-ammer »

Best thing to happen to us last season was the flare up in the stadium. I stand by that.
Mega Ron
Has liked: 168 likes
Total likes: 171 likes

Post by Mega Ron »

Clacton-ammer wrote:Best thing to happen to us last season was the flare up in the stadium. I stand by that.
It's the proudest I've been of our fans in a long time.
Thekorean
Total likes: 7 likes

Post by Thekorean »

Ozza wrote: Why’s that? I can’t think of anyone worse than these leeching *****
Really?

I can think of at least 5.

Oystons, Venkys, Mike Ashley, the bloke that owns Charlton Athletic, bloke that owns Hull City.
artlin

Post by artlin »

Thekorean wrote:
Oystons, Venkys, Mike Ashley, the bloke that owns Charlton Athletic, bloke that owns Hull City.
The twats that own Manure, The murdering, lying, cheating, thieving piece of **** that own Chelski. That is just in this country.

We could go on and on.
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place

artlin wrote:We could go on and on.
Please do. I'm quite enjoying your list/s.