Summer Transfer Window 2018

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

smuts
Has liked: 1499 likes
Total likes: 1440 likes

Re: Summer Transfer Window 2018- 29 days remaining

Post by smuts »

Laughable really. The pair of them are made of sugar glass.

That stat of Carroll never being fit for the first game of the season since his move..... :x
Tristan Shout
An unhealthy interest in "Dogging"
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 34 likes

Post by Tristan Shout »

From last season we've lost Hart, Collins, lanzini, joao Mario and now Carroll and Reid, so that's 6 first team players we need to replace before we start buying new players or we're just treading water, half a team just to stand still
Monkey Mike
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Monkey Mike »

The Old Man of Storr wrote:Carroll Reid , eh , talk of the devil , I'd be expecting the third man to join them soon .
Outstanding
thejackhammer
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by thejackhammer »

I saw the quote of Carroll having minor surgery for discomfort and thought no way is that three months. But then it is Andy Carroll...
Hammersfaniow
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 30 likes

Post by Hammersfaniow »

Tristan Shout wrote:From last season we've lost Hart, Collins, lanzini, joao Mario and now Carroll and Reid, so that's 6 first team players we need to replace before we start buying new players or we're just treading water, half a team just to stand still
I’d argue that the GK situation isn’t an issue, Collins wasn’t really a regular first teamer, it tended to be Mario OR Lanzini playing, Carroll wasn’t available for much of the season anyway and neither was Reid.

Squad players yes, but we haven’t lost 6 first teamers.
NeverSayDie

Post by NeverSayDie »

thejackhammer wrote:I saw the quote of Carroll having minor surgery for discomfort and thought no way is that three months. But then it is Andy Carroll...
It's his ankle mate, it's ****ed have you noticed how his game has changed since he wrecked it? He doesn't jump anywhere near as much for the ball anymore and can't get anywhere near the same height he used to. Aside from once or twice last season he was irrelevant in the box.
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 1978 likes
Total likes: 1466 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

thejackhammer wrote:I saw the quote of Carroll having minor surgery for discomfort and thought no way is that three months. But then it is Andy Carroll...
Party season in Marbs by any chance?
EastleighHammer16
Has liked: 230 likes
Total likes: 1648 likes

Post by EastleighHammer16 »

NeverSayDie wrote:Carroll actually has never been available for West Ham's 1st game of the PL season, in his loan year he was still at Liverpool but he has missed every single 1st PL game since he signed permanently for us.
Did he not play against Chelsea a couple of years back?
StackerJJ

Post by StackerJJ »

HammerPDC wrote:Salomón Rondón ... deary me we are just finally starting to show a tiny bit of ambition why would we want a striker that doesn’t score goals and doesn’t provide assists :shock:
He's a one in three striker who offer alot more than just goals. Carroll is a one in four striker who doesn't play half of the season and Hugill l, well who knows.. Rondon is certainly still a massive upgrade on our current selection in that position and woukdnt show a lack of ambition that's for sure.
NeverSayDie

Post by NeverSayDie »

EastleighHammer16 wrote: Did he not play against Chelsea a couple of years back?
You're actually right he did and then was out for the next 3 months. :lol:
Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham
Has liked: 232 likes
Total likes: 2563 likes

Post by Burnley Hammer »

Tristan Shout wrote:From last season we've lost Hart, Collins, lanzini, joao Mario and now Carroll and Reid, so that's 6 first team players we need to replace before we start buying new players or we're just treading water, half a team just to stand still
We've lost a ***** gk. We've just replaced him with a better one.
We've lost an elderly defender who's legs were going and a defender that's always injured. We've (probably) replaced them both with younger fresher models.
We've lost lanzini to injury, and mario who was only on loan. We've just (probably) paid big money for 2 highly rated attacking midfielders that are ours to keep, and lanzini will eventually join them.
We've lost Carroll... he needs replacing, but let's face it - that's always been the case.

And there will be a few more yet to come in. I'd say that's better than treading water. Let's try and keep the optimism going a little longer
EastleighHammer16
Has liked: 230 likes
Total likes: 1648 likes

Post by EastleighHammer16 »

NeverSayDie wrote:
You're actually right he did and then was out for the next 3 months.
:lol:
Hugh Jargon
Has liked: 170 likes
Total likes: 475 likes

Post by Hugh Jargon »

This most probably means Antonio with be given a chance. I really feel for Carrol. One of our best strikers ever when fit...but it’s never gonna happen is it?
Last edited by Hugh Jargon on Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 1978 likes
Total likes: 1466 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

NeverSayDie wrote:
You're actually right he did and then was out for the next 3 months. :lol:
I thought you were joking, but I think you maybe right!!!!
61dicksey
Has liked: 555 likes
Total likes: 401 likes

Post by 61dicksey »

Scarily , no Lanzini, no Carroll, no Reid, Antonio iffy, Wilshere knowing our luck dangerously short already we do need some quality additions , i expect Pellegrini is aware of this but that is a huge chunk of cash each month to supplement.
I know we do not actually rely too much on Carroll or Reid but the squad looks wafer thin if they are not available.
the celestial insect

Post by the celestial insect »

Maybe it'll be the loan market to cover some of those.
Hammersfaniow
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 30 likes

Post by Hammersfaniow »

Hugh Jargon II wrote: I really feel for Carrol. One of our best strikers ever when fit...but it’s never gonna happen is it?
That’s the way it’s been for years now mate, can’t really argue that he hasn’t had a fair chance to keep fit, especially with his stats for us. It’s no good being ‘unplayable’ as people say for one or two games a year. This latest issue must test even the strongest of AC fans
Last edited by Hammersfaniow on Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HammerPDC
Has liked: 16 likes
Total likes: 1084 likes

Post by HammerPDC »

StackerJJ wrote: He's a one in three striker who offer alot more than just goals. Carroll is a one in four striker who doesn't play half of the season and Hugill l, well who knows.. Rondon is certainly still a massive upgrade on our current selection in that position and woukdnt show a lack of ambition that's for sure.
From what iv seen Rondón has played 108 Premier League games for West Brom and scored 24 goals with 7 assists?

Carroll and Hugill isn’t a great selection but Rondón an upgrade? Not a chance
Snowman
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 7 likes

Post by Snowman »

The Old Man of Storr wrote:Carroll Reid , eh , talk of the devil , I'd be expecting the third man to join them soon .
Our two Fallen Idols
umweb
Has liked: 13 likes
Total likes: 6 likes

Post by umweb »

Faithless wrote: Step up Salomon Rondon
ugh. the poor man's carlton cole.