Late David Gold, Sullivan and Brady

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

e-20
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 4 likes

Re: Gold and Sullivan ???

Post by e-20 »

GaryP wrote:
("Nesticles" - Tony Henry: West Ham's ex-head of recruitment banned for 12 months
What about the Director of Football who openly states his role in signing players who oversaw this whole recruitment strategy? :hush:)

How much was he paid by the board to take the rap entirely ?
Interestingly I asked the mouth piece who announced that ban if they had investigated the person copied in to the email(s) (who as I predicted when this investigation was started would be ignored completely by the FA) and whether he/she was implicated by the fact that they would have been aware of the situation, considered that they might even the instigator of the policy perhaps. Surprise, surprise I didn't get a reply. What is it they say about justice not only being done but being seen to be done. Someone and we all know who the likely candidate is, has been very lucky here, but the FA while needing to be seen to be doing something, are scared stiff to do anything beyond the superficial, unless there is massive outcry anyway forcing them to do so. Cant see the latter happening and didn't they play a blinder announcing it at a time when few will even have noticed, let alone consider the implications.
e-20

Re: The owners - the case against (please keep live)

Post by e-20 »

Up the Junction wrote:
("The Old Man of Storr"]We had a brilliant plan but Sullivan got the ICF on board and they in turn managed to cancel the march and threatened anyone who still wanted to .)

It was the ICF's demo - the still disenchanted protested inside the stadium instead and in turn generated far more publicity than could have ever have been possible with a march outside the stadium.

In terms of avoiding negative publicity, cancelling the march was the worst thing they could have done. And so here we are. :thup:
It is rather amusing that we find that whatever it is that our owners (and witch) attempt to do that the very opposite is so often the actual result. (In that regard Lady Brady is a perfect fit for the Tory Party.)

As another example the attempt to go for quality last summer (as they put it) actually only made things worse from the opposite moves of the season before, which also did the opposite of that intended... so its even doubled up into a whole new science of infinite variety. They truly are genius at this policy of unforeseen circumstances. Probably using young Jacks Infinite Improbability Drive...even if it has been on the predictable setting until now.
The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2641 likes
Total likes: 1747 likes

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

Up the Junction wrote: How is that possible?

Do you really think the PL and FA would have given a toss about a few hearses driving around Stratford!? Of course they wouldn't!

But fans kicking off INSIDE a stadium, with the pictures being broadcast around the world? Now that's a story.
It really would have depended on the number of marchers I guess - there were 14,000 members of RWHFAG , many more would have come from other sites , perhaps I'm kidding myself on that all of those people would have turned up but the papers and the tv cameras would have picked up on it had that many turned up , who's to say the pitch invasions would not have happened as well ?

Anyway , the march didn't happen but the brave lads who risked jail and a huge fine by running on to the pitch and demonstrating against the Board will undoubtedly have helped David Sullivan change his mind on transfer policy and the choice of manager and for that we should all be forever thankful .
e-20

Post by e-20 »

artlin wrote: The murdering, lying, cheating, thieving piece of **** that own Chelski. .
I had to listen to that supreme Hypocrite Perter Hain being interviewed by that other supreme hypocrite Andy Jacobs some weeks back over the Abramovich visa situation. Both Chelsea fans of course so clearlyTalksport were going for the objective angle. This proud man of concience, the left and morality was criticising the move and claimed that this man has never been proved to have committed an offence in this country blah, blah, blah. Funny how that view rather contradicts his earlier actions regarding South Africa that so fuelled his whole career, but thats another story.

Fact is while what he says is superficially true you don't have to dig deep below the surface to have suspicions. His apparent innocence just might have something to do with the fact that despite various Parliamentary Committees demanding that he (though not named specifically) and his ilk should be investigated for potential criminal activities including money laundering, no Government has had the balls to do so (at least publicly) or even show any propensity to investigate him in his interestingly transforming life here. The fact that the City has been happy to turn a blind eye to the actions of so many Russian Billionaires/Oligarchs who having robbed their own country happily deposit it in the London markets with no questions asked may also be a factor in this, hey it superficially makes our economy look like its growing of course so who cares about where it comes from or how its used. The fact also that this man was in fear of his life from Putin as he was deeply involved with enemy number one in Putin's Russia, when he first came over here, while amazingly now has transformed into being his 'right hand man' in many respects has also seemingly not been questioned or investigated by the authorities. Maybe they just love semi naked horse riding so much it has brought them together. Though I am sure that inside the security services there just may be evidence of a differing relationship worth investigating.

So back to Mr Hain I say I am sure that had he not been the owner of your club with your history you would not be quite so much of a fan boy or at least would be arguing for all sorts of investigation into his activities, but then to some, football overcomes all other moral considerations even in the most chattery of the chattery liberal classes I might suggest.
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 744 likes
Total likes: 3444 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

The Old Man of Storr wrote: It really would have depended on the number of marchers I guess...
No. It wouldn't. Once again, there is no comparison.
The Old Man of Storr wrote:...the papers and the tv cameras would have picked up on it had that many turned up....
And 24 hours it would have been chip paper. No condemnation from the PL. No FA fine and order to keep fans in check. No threat of further sanction. I refer you to my previous point.
The Old Man of Storr wrote:...who's to say the pitch invasions would not have happened as well ?
There's a whole host of things that might have happened, but didn't.
warp
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Post by warp »

c****, assholes, i hope their cocks rot.
The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2641 likes
Total likes: 1747 likes

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

Ok Ok , I'll bow to your better judgement on the matter - :)
Kialos
Has liked: 1556 likes
Total likes: 773 likes

Post by Kialos »

Up the Junction wrote: Please do. I'm quite enjoying your list/s.
Yep, nothing list a list of names without anything to substantiate whatever point is being made.
Bamber Gascoigne
Has liked: 107 likes
Total likes: 40 likes

Post by Bamber Gascoigne »

Thekorean wrote: Really?

I can think of at least 5.

Oystons, Venkys, Mike Ashley, the bloke that owns Charlton Athletic, bloke that owns Hull City.
Do you mean Mike "interest free loans to Newcastle United" Ashley?
Samba
Has liked: 2482 likes
Total likes: 894 likes

Post by Samba »

warp wrote:*****, assholes, i hope their cocks rot.
Too late.......ballbags as well..
goa127
Has liked: 440 likes
Total likes: 290 likes

Post by goa127 »

Mike Ashley often gets praise for his interest free loans. Looks good on paper but in reality this it's what's holding back the sale of the club. He is insisting that any sale includes paying back his loan in full (£120m?)
This is perfectly reasonable but adds a huge wedge of cash to the purchase price. If the loan was interest-bearing(sullies 4%) he could sell the club and leave the loans outstanding which would mean a much smaller outlay for a prospective buyer. The last prospective deal fell through on just this point. No doubt these loans could be outsourced but I imagine the interest rate to take on a dubious investment would be double digit. I know nothing about finance and it probably shows :)
IABATAC
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 76 likes

Two Bob Turnaround

Post by IABATAC »

Could it really be that hitting Sully on the bugle with a two bob bit has caused the turnaround we've all been praying for? If so, I'm gonna dig deep and lob a ten bob bit at his bonce and await the installation of retractable seating.......

:crest:
Thekorean
Total likes: 7 likes

Re: Two Bob Turnaround

Post by Thekorean »

I don't think the board had a choice but to go out and upgrade the squad and hire a coach that fans would want. After how last season went down.

And no, they are not paying anything out of their own pocket to upgrade stadium they do not own.
simon hammer
Has liked: 963 likes
Total likes: 738 likes

Post by simon hammer »

Did he get hit by the coin? Maybe it was the extra £2 that pushed our transfer budget up a notch!
Vic_Watson
Has liked: 167 likes
Total likes: 259 likes

Post by Vic_Watson »

March 10th - the march, the protests, the coins - was a watershed day in our club's history. :thup:
Hammerite

Post by Hammerite »

Vic_Watson wrote:March 10th - the march, the protests, the coins - was a watershed day in our club's history. :thup:
Watershed as in we lost momentum and did bugger all afterwards? Watershed as in we failed to ratchet up the pressure and they’re still here?

Don’t get suckered in by some long overdue investment in the playing staff, leopards very rarely change their spots, and definitely do not do so overnight.

f*** em’. :raver:
Northern_Light
Location: Where the Sun keeps on shining, even past the witching hour!

Post by Northern_Light »

Well done to the owners for standing by their commitment to invest heavily, back the new manager, and let him build his own squad with the help of a DoF he also picked - credit where it's due.

Now to stand back and hear the echo :D
GaryP
Total likes: 71 likes

Post by GaryP »

Northern_Light wrote:Well done to the owners for standing by their commitment to invest heavily, back the new manager, and let him build his own squad with the help of a DoF he also picked - credit where it's due.

May I suggest a tin hat ?
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Post by Colours never run »

IABATAC

No shadow of doubt in my mind that the Burnley Protests had the desired effect on the Board.

They were under no illusion as to how bad the general sentiment amongst the fan base was towards them for forcing a controversial move on to us and how they needed to act swiftly after the Burnley game if they wanted to make a proper fist of it in the new gaff. They couldn't have got off to a worse start when we initially moved and it was the final straw for everyone to take to the point our voices wouldn't be silenced anymore. So now they know and to their credit since then have reacted the right way in clinching a top class proven manager, staff and players this summer to go with it (pending Arnautovic staying) and all achieved in double quick time too that's also pleasantly surprised me, which shouldn't be underestimated. Yes, they should have done a lot of this sooner and yes it's all of their own doing but I cannot pretend as if they haven't done good since that pivotal day in our history. Literally feels like a penny dropped.

Pretty much everything to do with that day made me extremely proud to be a Hammer. It proved that together we can effect real change at the Club because had we not staged/impromptu protests, then much of what we see happening now, wouldn't have materialised and we'd still likely be grumbling over the next Jordan Hugill type signing by Moyes coasting along into obscurity. It was just the jump start our Club desperately needed.

Can't speak for others, but I protested for real change and ambition at the Club and I feel that's now being delivered upon since the move. It pisses me off it's taken this long after all the promises/lies but it does feel like they've finally came through on that. We can all beg for new Owners as much as the next fan and there's nothing wrong with that if they suddenly materialise. In the meantime though, I can't lie and say I'm not content now with how they've gone about their business involving the staff and playing side. I'll caveat with staring they're still falling way short on delivering a "world class" stadium as the stadium itself still needs sorting out so they don't get a complete free pass of praise as it's still nowhere near acceptable long term.

This is also just the beginning and not an excuse for the Board to rest on their laurels like they did post Boleyn season but it's a damn good start if they've delivered everything to date with very little quality leaving which is just as crucial.

As for coins, what coins? I might have missed it but I never saw any actual evidence of coins hitting Sullivan. I never saw it amongst the crowd directly beneath them and I've seen or heard of little evidence since. Granted they may have concrete evidence to hand now but I've not heard of it...
goingunderground
Has liked: 39 likes
Total likes: 42 likes

Post by goingunderground »

Northern_Light wrote:Well done to the owners for standing by their commitment to invest heavily, back the new manager, and let him build his own squad with the help of a DoF he also picked - credit where it's due.

They had little choice not to. No investment would’ve finished them.

They’ve got a long way to go until I even consider forgiving them and acknowledge they’re got the club’s best intersts at hearts. A long time if ever.

Greedy c****