Little things that irritate you

Anything goes in The Snug, General Discussion's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity where any subject not covered elsewhere may be discussed. Well, anything except golf, Star Wars and Arsenal.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

ageing hammer
Has liked: 484 likes
Total likes: 1475 likes

Re: Little things that irritate you

Post by ageing hammer »

This young female who comes to the far side of a zebra crossing and throws a shape that she is stepping off the footpath. I am very close to the crossing but stop anyway.

Then she stays there and slowly turns around with her back to the road and doesn't cross just stays there motionless. :x
Samba
Has liked: 2484 likes
Total likes: 895 likes

Post by Samba »

ageing hammer wrote:This young female who comes to the far side of a zebra crossing and throws a shape that she is stepping off the footpath. I am very close to the crossing but stop anyway.
Then she stays there and slowly turns around with her back to the road and doesn't cross just stays there motionless. :x
Likewise the c***s who have decided that it's quite a good idea to step off before they get to the crossing so that by the time you're driving over the crossing, they are nearly on it & get all arsey about you nearly hitting them.
I'll stop for you if you're on a crossing or waiting at a crossing but I don't see why I should stop if you're jaywalking on your way to the crossing. You're just taking the p**s.
Czech Hammer
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by Czech Hammer »

Tesco Express, with their staff wheeling the restocking cages about in the already narrow aisles mid afternoon.

4 aisles in my local one. Im stood there having a think about what bread to buy, and I have to move out of the way. Go to the next aisle and there is one there too. Every aisle.

Restock before opening?
Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing
Has liked: 342 likes
Total likes: 362 likes

Post by Clacton-ammer »

^^ They do Czech, but people buy stuff during the day so needs refilling, the rotten scoundrels... :D
S-H
Has liked: 5739 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

The heat wave is causing them all to panic buy..

I almost ran out of beer the other day.

:shock:
woodford
Has liked: 412 likes
Total likes: 302 likes

Post by woodford »

persistent flies or wasps.

Not any old fly or wasp , but the ones that pester you when you're holding a beer or food, the ones you try to swat 10 times but the flash little ****s still come back for more
S-H

Post by S-H »

woodford wrote:persistent flies or wasps.

Not any old fly or wasp , but the ones that pester you when you're holding a beer or food, the ones you try to swat 10 times but the flash little ****s still come back for more

Infuriating, little c****
ageing hammer

Post by ageing hammer »

A wasp flew into my beer at the weekend, the fecker drowned and I couldn't get it out so I took the half full glass back into the pub and told the barman what happened. He filled me another fresh pint and then charged me for it. I have been drinking in there 17 flipping years ffs.
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

The company whining over my refusal to take anything lower than a business class flight back from Texas. I'm prepared to fly Premium on the outbound (daytime) leg, but I'm f*cked if I'm going to accept trying to sleep sitting up on the overnight return.

Facts are a) I don't want to go anyway, and consider business travel to be a fundamental pain in the scrotum and b) the travel policy says we can go Business for flights over 8 hours. They're just being cheap, and I can't be f*cking doing with it.
EvilC
Location: In the street as the cold wind blows, in the ghetto...
Has liked: 2627 likes
Total likes: 1178 likes

Post by EvilC »

DasNutNock wrote:The company whining over my refusal to take anything lower than a business class flight back from Texas. I'm prepared to fly Premium on the outbound (daytime) leg, but I'm f*cked if I'm going to accept trying to sleep sitting up on the overnight return.

Facts are a) I don't want to go anyway, and consider business travel to be a fundamental pain in the scrotum and b) the travel policy says we can go Business for flights over 8 hours. They're just being cheap, and I can't be f*cking doing with it.
The tight-fisted c****. IIRC Houston is about 9 hours away. It is unreasonable to ask you to do that.

FWIW I think my company lets you go business on anything over five hours. You also have the choice to go PE or economy on those longer flights and they will give you 50% of the difference between the cost of business class and PE/economy, whichever you choose.
ageing hammer

Post by ageing hammer »

DasNutNock wrote:The company whining over my refusal to take anything lower than a business class flight back from Texas. I'm prepared to fly Premium on the outbound (daytime) leg, but I'm f*cked if I'm going to accept trying to sleep sitting up on the overnight return.

It's fair to say Dan you won't take it lying down...or will you :lol:
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

EvilC wrote:You also have the choice to go PE or economy on those longer flights and they will give you 50% of the difference between the cost of business class and PE/economy, whichever you choose.
I think they're meant to offer similar terms here, but for the £500 or so I'd be collecting (which I suspect is subject to income tax), I think I'd rather have a proper kip.
chigwells finest
Location: crying with family/crying with strangers & just crying tbh
Has liked: 393 likes
Total likes: 158 likes

Post by chigwells finest »

we bought one of those tennis racket zappers on ebay for 4/5 quid , does a proper job too ,

Caterpillars have eaten half my plants in the garden as well , proper ruined a couple of topiary bushes
EvilC
Location: In the street as the cold wind blows, in the ghetto...
Has liked: 2627 likes
Total likes: 1178 likes

Post by EvilC »

DasNutNock wrote:I think they're meant to offer similar terms here, but for the £500 or so I'd be collecting (which I suspect is subject to income tax), I think I'd rather have a proper kip.
It is and I agree, I'd do the same. PE for the day flight, business for the night flight. It's ****ing out of order for them to quibble about this stuff.
BalaamBoy
Has liked: 10 likes
Total likes: 32 likes

Post by BalaamBoy »

Brioche-type buns on a burger.

Why?
Dover KUMB fan
Total likes: 42 likes

Post by Dover KUMB fan »

BalaamBoy wrote:Brioche-type buns on a burger.

Why?
Seconded. Give me a good regular bread roll any day for a burger. The Brioche bun is just wrong.
S-H

Post by S-H »

BalaamBoy wrote:Brioche-type buns on a burger.

Why?
Because they are delicious, that's why.

prophet:marginal
Has liked: 836 likes
Total likes: 1980 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

FrankieMacsPerm wrote:Horsefly bites - got 4 around my ankles - bleeding sore and itchy as hell, blistered as well!! Aaargh!
I got told two pretty hideous horsefly 'facts' by a medic, recently:

1. The horsefly, unlike the mosquito, for instance, has a more jagged 'bite', meaning that the consequence is always a larger bitemark, but, perhaps more grisly

2. The horsefly has proteins in its saliva that are much more different from the proteins hosted in the saliva of most other biting insects. This is why they seem to itch so much more. The protein is so alien to our general systems that it takes our bodies a lot longer to break it all down and have away with it.

Conclusion: horseflies are from hell, if not from outer space.

Kill them! Kill them with fire!
BalaamBoy
Has liked: 10 likes
Total likes: 32 likes

Post by BalaamBoy »

somerset-hammer wrote:
Because they are delicious, that's why.
I agree, there is a time and a place for a delicious brioche, ideally Sunday morning lightly toasted with butter and/or jam of choice (apricot if I'm being continental, otherwise raspberry, strawberry or blackcurrant)

NOT other side of a medium-cooked juicy burger, tomato, onions, lettuce and mustard combo.

I'm with Dover on this one!
Moxy

Post by Moxy »

Nah I’m with Somerset, they make a burger and also a hotdog much more tasty