9 game ban for denying a century !

Want to talk sport? The Forum to discuss all sports not related to the beautiful game.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

GaryP
Total likes: 71 likes

9 game ban for denying a century !

Post by GaryP »

A bit bloody overkill...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/45100324" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"The player has not been named" made me laugh. BBC made a previous report with a link to the scorecard!

Not rocket science to work out who bowled the last over.
https://somcl.play-cricket.com/website/results/3241050" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

*cough* Casling *cough*

Something must have gone on during the match for someone to do that. If I knew I had him out earlier and he didn't walk, I would do exactly the same thing ! 9 games is a pisstake.
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 759 likes
Total likes: 2944 likes

Re: 9 game ban for denying a century !

Post by the pink palermo »

I think the **** got off lightly at 9 games.

His action was simply not cricket, the action of someone who is really second XI material, possibly 12th man.

A disgustingly unsporting act.
Bend it like Repka
Has liked: 357 likes
Total likes: 791 likes

Post by Bend it like Repka »

On the surface it seems a crap thing to do, but there may have been other things going on we are unaware of.

I did post in the heat thread about when our village 4th XI played a supposedly 5XI side that was actually made up of 2nds and 4ths. On top of that we had 4 players of 14 or under, yet they celebrated everything like they were winning the ashes. It did get to the stage where I got involved with their slip cordon and I came to the conclusion they were pathetic.

One of their players hit a ton against us, he wasn't an idiot like some of them but had he been then I can see why someone might want to stop him getting his ton. We don't know the context of how the spirit of the whole game was being played.

To prove it is not all bad out there on Saturday I played a friendly where overall we were the slightly stronger side (even with me in the team and I'm definitely the worst). They had only made around a hundred and their last two batsmen were both 12 year olds. One was clean bowled 2nd ball but as he turned to walk my manager called him back and no balled our bowler. 4th shot the lad then put a dolly up in the air which was obviously dropped as well.

His 18 year old brother was umpiring (he was out earlier for 1) so at the point it became clear our mission was the lad was staying until he beat his brothers score.

I was brought on to bowl and after my usual opening wide I strayed down the leg side and the little bugger hooked me for 4. All part of the plan obviously. Unfortunately I put the next one down the leg side as well and he did it again. Told you I was the worst player out there.

In my second over got my line right and bowled both 12 year olds. Both wickets stood because it was decided 12 year olds are my level and it was a fair contest. :lol:
Slacking student
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by Slacking student »

I've seen it done before and against certain batsmen I'd have no objection to it being done.

It's similar to the mankad both considered unsporting but definitely in the mankad's sake I'd do it.
hammer etc
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 106 likes

Post by hammer etc »

Here is another one. Wrong in my opinion, so much cheating going on.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/41076945
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2424 likes
Total likes: 2633 likes

Post by sendô »

^ Like the underarm ball that one if it was at the top level.
fmgod
Has liked: 50 likes
Total likes: 145 likes

Post by fmgod »

See that declaring to win thing, I just called winning and gamesmanship, can't see nothing wrong it. Is it i a bit ill-moral and not in the sport yes but have they won, yes.
Tenbury
Has liked: 722 likes
Total likes: 1209 likes

Post by Tenbury »

Well, life's all about winners and losers ain't it?
James P
Has liked: 28 likes
Total likes: 171 likes

Post by James P »

hammer etc wrote:Here is another one. Wrong in my opinion, so much cheating going on.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/41076945
I hate bonus points in any sport. No sympathy when this sort of thing happens.