Little things that irritate you

Anything goes in The Snug, General Discussion's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity where any subject not covered elsewhere may be discussed. Well, anything except golf, Star Wars and Arsenal.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

WHU_Del
Location: In the words of William Morris: 'I come not from Heaven, but from Essex'.

Re: Little things that irritate you

Post by WHU_Del »

My stepdaughter bought me the big Lego campervan set for my birthday.
Brilliant!
Except it's not Lego, it's a Chinese knock-off, with no box and parts missing.
I'm hoping that it'll be compatible and I can buy Lego bits to complete it, but it is VERY irritating.
S-H
Has liked: 5739 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

WHU_Del wrote:My stepdaughter bought me the big Lego campervan set for my birthday.
Brilliant!
I'm hoping that it'll be compatible and I can buy Lego bits to complete it, but it is VERY irritating.
Bin it and buy a Lego one.
WHU_Del
Location: In the words of William Morris: 'I come not from Heaven, but from Essex'.

Post by WHU_Del »

WHU_Del wrote:My stepdaughter bought me the big Lego campervan set for my birthday.
Brilliant!
somerset-hammer wrote: Bin it and buy a Lego one.
Have you seen how much they cost?!
I'm about halfway through, and I reckon there's two dozen pieces missing so far. But expert opinion is that compatibility is very good, so I'll just get proper bits.
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1787 likes
Total likes: 2071 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

Every Lego brick ever made will fit every other Lego brick ever made. I doubt the same can be said of the Chinese knockoff.
ageing hammer
Has liked: 484 likes
Total likes: 1474 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

Fruit flies.......... the bastards :thdn:
WHU_Del

Post by WHU_Del »

Johnny Byrne's Boots wrote:Every Lego brick ever made will fit every other Lego brick ever made. I doubt the same can be said of the Chinese knockoff.
Took some of the bricks to the Lego store in Bluewater, and tested some genuine bricks with them. All fitted properly, so have now ordered the missing bits on the Lego website.
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1787 likes
Total likes: 2071 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

I'm pleasantly surprised! I assumed one of the reasons Lego was so expensive was the accuracy and consistency of its tooling, looks like the Chinese are getting there too.
WHU_Del

Post by WHU_Del »

Johnny Byrne's Boots wrote:I'm pleasantly surprised!
So was I :D
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

Old folk who f*** about at cash machines and at pay kiosks and seem to take ages to complete the simplest of transactions and then take an interminable amount of time putting their purses or wallets away while I'm standing behind them? Does my ****ing head in and I'm old myself
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

Puff Daddy wrote:Old folk who **** about at cash machines and at pay kiosks and seem to take ages to complete the simplest of transactions and then take an interminable amount of time putting their purses or wallets away while I'm standing behind them? Does my ****ing head in and I'm old myself
You mean the “woman returning to her car after paying for petrol” syndrome? Bizarre, isn’t it. I’m off the forecourt before my door’s closed. What are they doing for that 5 minutes between getting in and actually driving away?
Samba
Has liked: 2482 likes
Total likes: 894 likes

Post by Samba »

DasNutNock wrote:You mean the “woman returning to her car after paying for petrol” syndrome? Bizarre, isn’t it. I’m off the forecourt before my door’s closed. What are they doing for that 5 minutes between getting in and actually driving away?
And the people (not even old) who take as long to check/do, one tyre pressure as it takes me to do four.
And, while we're at supermarkets, the person in front who has just been served but is still standing there while your goods have started going down to the packing area but you can't pack them BECAUSE THAT C**T IS STILL STANDING THERE...
Move away first if you must f*** about for five minutes, after getting your receipt..
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

Samba wrote: And the people (not even old) who take as long to check/do, one tyre pressure as it takes me to do four.
And, while we're at supermarkets, the person in front who has just been served but is still standing there while your goods have started going down to the packing area but you can't pack them BECAUSE THAT C**T IS STILL STANDING THERE...
Move away first if you must f*** about for five minutes, after getting your receipt..
I know precisely what 'Dasnutnock' means, that too irritates the f*** out of me and yeah, I understand exactly what you mean. c****, all of them and I bet, like me, under your breath you say to yourself, Come on for ****'s sake, you've got your ****ing goods, now f*** off
Tenbury
Has liked: 721 likes
Total likes: 1207 likes

Post by Tenbury »

Well I'm quite old, and it does take me a long time at the checkout with all the new fangled computers and stuff. None of us like holding up young 'uns, I know you all lead busy and stressful lives.
So I'd like to apologise on behalf of all us elderly people.

But I can't , because you're all c@nts.
Samba
Has liked: 2482 likes
Total likes: 894 likes

Post by Samba »

Tenbury wrote:Well I'm quite old, and it does take me a long time at the checkout with all the new fangled computers and stuff. None of us like holding up young 'uns, I know you all lead busy and stressful lives.
So I'd like to apologise on behalf of all us elderly people.
But I can't , because you're all c@nts.
:lol:
woodford
Has liked: 412 likes
Total likes: 302 likes

Post by woodford »

ageing hammer wrote:Fruit flies.......... the bastards :thdn:

Agreed, flash little *****, you think you've caught one, open your hand and its empty, like a low cost David Blaine trick
S-H

Post by S-H »

Having to check, that it 'definitely was a fart'
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

Wife & kids and her parents have gone to their to-be retirement house near Cognac, I'll be joining them on thursday. They arrived yesterday to discover the bathroom fitter they paid just over a year ago still hasn't finished, and is planning on completing the work while they're there. Gave them a laundry list of excuses as to why he couldn't do it any other time in the last 12 months, then told them he didn't need their work anyway because so many people want him to work for them.

What an absolute chief. They're all too polite to question his arseholishness. Fortunately, I'm not, and will be mentioning a few things to him when I see him friday.
EastBrisHammer
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by EastBrisHammer »

Apparently that is quite common in France. I've heard some right nightmare stories about getting tradesmen to be reliable and finish a job. I even knew someone who paid for English tradespeople to come over and do some work, paying for their accommodation.
S-H

Post by S-H »

Lazy c**** that's what they are.
Last edited by S-H on Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2424 likes
Total likes: 2633 likes

Post by sendô »

DasNutNock wrote:They arrived yesterday to discover the bathroom fitter they paid just over a year ago still hasn't finished... Gave them a laundry list of excuses as to why he couldn't do it
I'm sure you don't need me to point it out Dan, but I've highlighted the key issue here. Too many people are feckless ****ers who respond only to money and are non conscientious enough or have enough personal pride to do properly a job they said they'd do.