Late David Gold, Sullivan and Brady

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing
Has liked: 340 likes
Total likes: 362 likes

Re: Gold and Sullivan ???

Post by Clacton-ammer »

I like Kieran :thup:
ashbanki
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 22 likes

Post by ashbanki »

I suspect that managers just take the money and Sullivan is still playing "FIFA whatever", as regards the playing staff - Sulli brings in Hart, who,immediately, takes over from Adrian and only loses it through poor performances - Sulli signs Fabianski, who, immediately takes over from Adrian.
Sullivan begrudges paying one penny unless it has a "wow factor" in his mind - Youth development, training facilities, "boring" infrastructure does not! Splurging our money on "big name" managers to do his bidding, constantly chasing" marquee signings" regardless of if they are needed and at the risk of a smaller and unbalanced squad.I don't, for one second, believe that Sullivan did not, personally, make more out of the Boleyn sale.
We're paying north of £100k a week to "marquee" benchwarmers, whilst arguing the toss over a tenth of that to our best young prospect in the whole time those clowns have run the club!!
I'm really struggling to recognise the West Ham United, I've followed for forty five years - All I can see, at the moment, is David Sullivan Disunited.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

Brighton once had a scum bag owner. A guy called Bellotti, who's sole intention it was, to absolutely rinse them by selling their ground and trouser the money and then f*** off. He made them homeless and as we all know, they then spent years in the wilderness. I often think of the similarities between him and Gold and Sullivan
Johnny_C WHU
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Johnny_C WHU »

ashbanki wrote:I suspect that managers just take the money and Sullivan is still playing "FIFA whatever", as regards the playing staff - Sulli brings in Hart, who,immediately, takes over from Adrian and only loses it through poor performances - Sulli signs Fabianski, who, immediately takes over from Adrian.
Sullivan begrudges paying one penny unless it has a "wow factor" in his mind - Youth development, training facilities, "boring" infrastructure does not! Splurging our money on "big name" managers to do his bidding, constantly chasing" marquee signings" regardless of if they are needed and at the risk of a smaller and unbalanced squad.I don't, for one second, believe that Sullivan did not, personally, make more out of the Boleyn sale.
We're paying north of £100k a week to "marquee" benchwarmers, whilst arguing the toss over a tenth of that to our best young prospect in the whole time those clowns have run the club!!
I'm really struggling to recognise the West Ham United, I've followed for forty five years - All I can see, at the moment, is David Sullivan Disunited.

Very good point, and the same could be said about Chica, we do not have the team infrastructure to support him so he is effectively a waste. Anderson, did we need to spend all that money on a winger?
No forward planning or building, just quick flavours of the month.
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1787 likes
Total likes: 2071 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

Thanks to Perry Groves, we now know ExWHUemployee is called Adrian.
Penfold711
Has liked: 2003 likes
Total likes: 92 likes

Post by Penfold711 »

Puff Daddy wrote:Brighton once had a scum bag owner. A guy called Bellotti, who's sole intention it was, to absolutely rinse them by selling their ground and trouser the money and then **** off. He made them homeless and as we all know, they then spent years in the wilderness. I often think of the similarities between him and Gold and Sullivan
This is the comparison I use when describing to non-WHU what's been done to us. Apart from the training ground and players, do we actually have any assets left for them to sell?
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

Penfold711 wrote:

This is the comparison I use when describing to non-WHU what's been done to us. Apart from the training ground and players, do we actually have any assets left for them to sell?
It is an unerringly accurate and very precise direct comparison between the two clubs, since after their two painful years in the late 90's playing at Gillingham's Priestfield Stadium, they then rented a delapidated and antiquated old athletics stadium totally unfit for staging football matches for a further 10 years or more, before somebody came along and rescued them
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 744 likes
Total likes: 3444 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

Johnny Byrne's Boots wrote:Thanks to Perry Groves, we now know ExWHUemployee is called Adrian.
He must have changed his name recently, in that case.
Ozza
Has liked: 945 likes
Total likes: 2368 likes

Post by Ozza »

Adrian "Mole" guv
Johnny Byrne's Boots

Bluff and double bluff, UtJ?
Believer
Has liked: 1389 likes
Total likes: 735 likes

Post by Believer »

Johnny Byrne's Boots wrote:Thanks to Perry Groves, we now know ExWHUemployee is called Adrian.
Adrian.......

MOLE !

Edit - Sorry Ozza, you beat me to it ! :thup:
Johnny Byrne's Boots

Someone once told me the word 'gullible' wasn't in the dictionary, so I looked :oops:
stevieboy
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by stevieboy »

Amazing what a win can do, I rescued this thread from page 3 of GD...

Here's The Independent seeing through the razzle dazzle.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foo ... 6.html?amp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ozza
Has liked: 945 likes
Total likes: 2368 likes

Post by Ozza »

Yup no clear plan, no clear direction, no thought through strategies and decision making

Good article
Adrianisournumber1

Post by Adrianisournumber1 »

Football clubs make millions of pounds even without the money from ticket sales just by being the prem, gold and sullivan might have spent this year but they had to to retain our place in the premier league, id imagine our net spend since they taken over will be much in their favour than the club.

We where one of 12 clubs that will make a profit without the fan base we really are minions in the big game
Chimera
Has liked: 67 likes
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by Chimera »

I don't think its really about the money anymore, although its certainly a stick (one of many) that could be used to beat them. I don't think its really about the stadium, or the management appointments during their tenure. It's not really about leaking of info or the social media turmoil that seems to surround our club. Its sort of about all of those things and a little bit more. So many people on here have put far more eloquently than I ever could what has happened to this club, and to me thats what this is all about. This club.... isn't what I knew. Over the years they have managed to chip away (I don't for a second think they meant to) at what made our club great. Everything it stood for, the fact that it felt a little bit different to the Sky generation, just that little bit of magic and decency that made us stand above so many others. Our fans were thought of in a good light, mere mention of being a hammer was often met with "proper club" or other positive musings. That has gone, now it's met with derision, or apathy... I haven't decided which is worse. I've concluded that we are now one of those plastic clubs and whilst I can't and won't ever completely let go, it really doesn't feel the same. Before I get jumped on, I wasn't a regular visitor to the Boleyn. It's not about the ground as I previously stated. Its the whole club... its a tacky mess made for a profit without much thought for the future.
falcon hairspray
Has liked: 38 likes

Post by falcon hairspray »

They have taken us from a club that was always met with to respect to one of ridicule. I pray for the day they are gone. :crest:
IronworksDave

Post by IronworksDave »

Just to highlight how GSB have let the basics fall away .... Spurs under 18's visited Little Heath yesterday, even though for them it must have been like going to a park ground, remember they like all Spurs squads train at Spurs 100m Enfield Way facility, they managed to put on a decent performance and thrash our lads 9-0 ... there's not much more to say ....
hammerman11
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 744 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

the trouble is there is nowhere to go now, we are stuck in this mess and its going to get worse before it resolves itself.

we are not west ham anymore and Chelsea fans will sing that to us today and it hurts !

May 2016 was when the club lost its soul and identity courtesy of gsb.

100m spend they will say but the net spend for the past few years reveals a different story.

we have had chances to break free from our non success on the pitch under allardyche and billic but we took the wrong path. we can all accept west ham not winning things as we haven't for years but losing our soul our club is what hurts me and others so much.

as hammers attend the evnt at the LS today many will feel its not the same and no longer worth it.
I fear the worse on the pitch today but now the worst has occurred off the pitch with the disastrous move to stratford.

MAY 2016 WHU RIP
richneal
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia. 5,000 miles from goal.
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 12 likes

Post by richneal »

This stood out In today's Standard, didn't realise Diop was on Playstation (thx Craig)

. . . it was West Ham co-owner David Sullivan who first identified Diop as a possible signing, with manager Manuel Pellegrini and director Mario Husillos deciding to move for the 21-year-old . . ."

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/footba ... 49976.html