Little things that irritate you

Anything goes in The Snug, General Discussion's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity where any subject not covered elsewhere may be discussed. Well, anything except golf, Star Wars and Arsenal.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

FreeWheeling
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 28 likes

Re: Little things that irritate you

Post by FreeWheeling »

Big b*stard of a hornet that decided to enter the office today, 3 rather large sprays of killer and 15 minutes it took to take him down
Hammer.CA
Has liked: 2781 likes
Total likes: 607 likes

Post by Hammer.CA »

delbert wrote:PayPal customer support, an utter shambles........
:thup:

Imagine having opened a PayPal account while living in another country, on another continent where the locals speak think they same English language and having to contact PayPal in that country because the system won't allow you to add a bank account in the same country for some unknown reason and you have to try and explain that to some donut on the other end of the line twice, PayPal and a Canadian bank, sheer joy!!!
Denzil
Has liked: 344 likes
Total likes: 487 likes

Post by Denzil »

Seemingly every retail outlet asking if I either:

A) Want to sign up to their loyalty program or B) Have my receipt sent to me via email.

Holland & Barrett are the worst, but I was in superdrug last week and they asked if I am a member; no. Do I want to be a member; no thanks. Then asked if I wanted to buy three separate things they had on offer on the counter. By the third one, which was a SIM card I think, I was laughing as I said no and you could tell the fella was cringing asking. Makes me not want to shop in certain places. Only went in there for toothpaste.

Can I have your email address to send your receipt to? No.
pablo jaye
Has liked: 2563 likes
Total likes: 926 likes

Post by pablo jaye »

Denzil - Similarly, every time I go into the bank and they ask me if I want to do online banking. I always say know and when asked, I say something like, ‘I prefer to bank face to face, plus, it keeps you in a job.’

This normally does the trick but the other day, some chap was on the hard sell (or charged with closing yet another branch) and retorted - well, what about if you ran out of cash and your card didn’t work? I said no, quite abruptly whilst giving him the ‘don’t push me’ look. He remained schtum.
Hammer1972
Has liked: 57 likes
Total likes: 213 likes

Post by Hammer1972 »

For the last few years I have had to politely decline when the person making my coffee in Costa asks if I "want to try our smoother blend for 20p extra". Annoying as it is I am always polite as I know they have been told they have to ask.

However that tactic has obviously been deemed not aggressive enough by Costa head office and recently the girl asked "Would you like to try our less bitter blend for 20p...."

Less bitter? What next? Would you like milk that hasn't gone off for just 15p...
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

Would you like me to wash my hands before handling your cup for 20p?
Would you like me to not gob in your coffee for an extra 50p?
FreeWheeling
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 28 likes

Post by FreeWheeling »

Since I bought a proper coffee machine I refuse to use the c****, unless I am onsite MoD property
I aint paying £3 for that *****
Hammer_atown

Post by Hammer_atown »

Denzil wrote: B) Have my receipt sent to me via email.
I gave my email over to be emailed a receipt and they gave me a confirmation slip...from the receipt machine. Completely misses the point of emailing it
Barking Iron
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 64 likes

Post by Barking Iron »

On the subject of costa buying a coffee and getting a cup of warm milk
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2424 likes
Total likes: 2636 likes

Post by sendô »

Why do Costa even new a "new blend"?

Why is it not just "the blend"?
Hammer1972
Has liked: 57 likes
Total likes: 213 likes

Post by Hammer1972 »

sendô wrote:Why do Costa even new a "new blend"?

Why is it not just "the blend"?
Upselling. Half the people will probably just go "Yeah, ok" despite the fact that most people wouldn't be able to tell the difference in a milk based coffee anyway.
sendô

Post by sendô »

From memory, the new blend is more bitter. Or bitterer.
Dover KUMB fan
Total likes: 42 likes

Post by Dover KUMB fan »

Denzil wrote: Can I have your email address to send your receipt to? No.
Loosely translates as 'can we bombard your mailbox with marketing stuff for evermore?'
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

The "Events Managers" here. Basically a huge bunch of 20-something telesales kids who overestimate their importance and career opportunities and haven't yet had the positivity beaten out of them by life. They don't appear to be able to sit at their desk when conducting phone calls, preferring to clomp round the office with their bluetooth earpieces, yelling and screeching into them as they meander round. I think they believe it gives them gravitas or something, or maybe it's an expected contemporary office practice. Either way, I do wish they'd SHUT THE F*CK and keep clear of my end of the office (not the dorises with the nice arses, though, they can continue to simultaneously annoy and delight).
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 1978 likes
Total likes: 1466 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

BARKING IRON wrote:Holibobs, telebobs , **** off you middle class twat
Amaze-balls.

c****
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

Payroll emailing us to say we won’t be paid until COB today. As his holiness, Bob Geldoff, once said, “I need the money NOW”, not this evening. Bastards. Gimme my f*cking money!

Bastards.
sendô

Post by sendô »

^ My old company, every March, would "accidentally" forget to pay the entire company their expenses, and roll them over into Aprils pay.

For some people this would be several hundred pounds, deferred by a whole month.

Still, it was entirely accidental and couldn't be helped.
Patito

Post by Patito »

We have a woman who "works" here. She's part-time, so does 3 days a week but is always ill or on holiday so thankfully we see little of her.

She has decided to bring fish stew in for lunch today. Fish ****ing stew, who brings that in to a shared office?

She's split it all over her bag and desk as well the clumsy bint so the place stinks. She sits next to another girl who is 7 weeks away from giving birth so she having to run to the bogs to gip every 5 minutes.

She made a proper half-arsed effort to clear up before announcing she's heading out for most of the day on some work-related business of some kind. She's a 'marketing assistant', all she needs to do is sit at her desk and update the company's facebook page.

Selfish, selfish ****.
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

sendô wrote:^ My old company, every March, would "accidentally" forget to pay the entire company their expenses, and roll them over into Aprils pay.

For some people this would be several hundred pounds, deferred by a whole month.

Still, it was entirely accidental and couldn't be helped.
That f*cks me off something chronic. Absolutely inexcusable - the one thing a company isn't allowed to do is mess about with their employee's money.

I used to work for a horrible company in Bracknell, and if payday used to fall on a weekend, you'd be paid the following business day. Pretty sure that fell on the Easter friday when I was there, and we didn't get paid until the following tuesday. Just struck me as an utterly mean-spirited policy, designed to do nothing more than make the company a few quid in interest and to keep the staff under the cosh.
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

Patito wrote:We have a woman who "works" here. She's part-time, so does 3 days a week but is always ill or on holiday so thankfully we see little of her.

She has decided to bring fish stew in for lunch today. Fish ****ing stew, who brings that in to a shared office?

She's split it all over her bag and desk as well the clumsy bint so the place stinks. She sits next to another girl who is 7 weeks away from giving birth so she having to run to the bogs to gip every 5 minutes.

She made a proper half-arsed effort to clear up before announcing she's heading out for most of the day on some work-related business of some kind. She's a 'marketing assistant', all she needs to do is sit at her desk and update the company's facebook page.

Selfish, selfish ****.
Loads of little pr*cks here like to bring fish into the office and microwave it in the kitchen close to where I sit. I think it's part of their "paleo" diets or something, lots of fish and scrambled eggs and stuff. Cretins.