CCR3: West Ham Utd 8-0 Macclesfield Town (26/09/18)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 144 likes
Total likes: 2406 likes

Re: ⚽ West Ham Utd v Macclesfield Town: match thread (26/9)

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

e17 wrote:
Asking for trouble saying this, but minus the pie & mash & the end excitement of green street, it was a far more nice & leisurely stroll back than scrambling about for Jubilee Line trains used to be at the old girl
As I have said a couple of times, personally I prefer the pre/post-match experience now because I never enjoyed it much at the Boleyn anyway. I usually drove there and didn't do much before or after, or if i didn't drive had to trek back to Plaistow. I never really enjoyed any of the pubs near the Boleyn (except the Central (which was in the wrong direction to my journey) and it was virtually impossible to get any decent grub

However, i appreciate that is very much a personal thing, and not reflected for many others

*Apologies off topic*
Last edited by Crouchend_Hammer on Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:59 am, edited 3 times in total.
Yea Why Not
Location: Chips & Gravy you say? Well you can shove that up your ass

Post by Yea Why Not »

People saying 'Macclesfield are ****' ect are missing the point. It doesnt matter who you're playing, you spank someone 8-0 youve been a bunch of ruthless bastards. Good on everyone who played believing that 5, 6 or 7 wasnt good enough :thup:
Billy Hunt
Has liked: 471 likes
Total likes: 364 likes

Post by Billy Hunt »

Yea Why Not wrote:People saying 'Macclesfield are ****' ect are missing the point. It doesnt matter who you're playing, you spank someone 8-0 youve been a bunch of ruthless bastards. Good on everyone who played believing that 5, 6 or 7 wasnt good enough :thup:
Spot on. It would have been an easy option to take the foot right off the gas once the game was won, but we continued to totally dominate through to the end and showed a ruthlessness in our approach that has been all to rare in these sort of games in the past.

A very enjoyable match, great to see the introduction of youth into the team from start to finish, and great to come away with a good feeling from a home game for a change :thup:
xmas01245
Has liked: 62 likes
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by xmas01245 »

e17 wrote: Their “shall we sing a song for you?” Stopped almost at the point Rice came on
Their "Premier League, you're having a laff" also stopped at around 4-0...
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 809 likes
Total likes: 3029 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

A reasonably good turnout last night - around 24k I reckon, quite a few of whom were in on "free" tickets, ones that come as part of their corporate deal, but at least they turned up.

Solid professional performance from us, you can only beat what's in front of you, and Snoddy ran the show. Good experience for a few youngsters to play in front of what for them would have been a large crowd - certainly comparable with the numbers who would have turned up at this stage of this competition at the Boleyn had we drawn the bottom team in the league. It made the homeward journey considerably shorter, with the 20 minute fast walk getting me straight on a train and back home for 10.40.

Grady Diagana did well for his goals but had previously missed a sitter, the Fredricks finish outstanding for his, and as for Snoddy, I could have banged one of his in with my todger, but they all count. Macclesfield offered nothing but the 300 or so of their supporters who made the journey will at least appreciate playing at their ground a little more. The grass isn't always greener.

A nice way to spend a warm, evening, we were West Ham's balmy army, albeit a relatively quiet one.

You have to be happy with 8-0 though.
Knighter10WHU
Has liked: 153 likes
Total likes: 194 likes

Post by Knighter10WHU »

Went with a neutral last night who said Rice was a clearly very composed and a cut above all of the rest of our players, he dominated the game when he came on.

Sat in 3 different places last night: 113, 110 and 212. Safe to say I will never buy a ticket in the upper tier, what a waste of money, the detachment from the game from up there is ridiculous.
costa75
Has liked: 12 likes
Total likes: 31 likes

Post by costa75 »

At long last we have given a poor team a good beating. Thumbs up all-round.

We were in different seats to our usual, and it was nice to have a change of scenary. We enjoyed the night.........
Vince
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by Vince »

Enjoyable evening.
Couple of beers on the roof top at Formans before the game, and then a quick stroll to the ground.
Good to see the squad players getting a run out and delighted for our three youngsters that played.
Rice best player on the park again, and he is still a 'youngster'.
Could have easily been double figures this one. Glad to see that we kept pressing and did not sit back and just enjoy the 3-0 that we took into the half.
Can't wait for the game against Man Utd on Saturday.Three games in a week for this ex-pat.
irving boleyn
Has liked: 64 likes
Total likes: 83 likes

Post by irving boleyn »

Antonio was enthusiastic throughout and looked to be getting back to the old level.

He seems to be one of those players who feels he has to score to contribute,therefore shooting inappropriately. Getting a goal will have settled him a bit.
Redkanpps dog

Post by Redkanpps dog »

How many times have we gone into a game like that and either struggled to break them down or conceded from a stupid mistake. We were ruthless and it's about time we were.

There was a bloke sitting in front of me that had £10 on West Ham to win 8-0 at 70/1. Everyone was over the moon for him. He must have been on a day release from a mental hospital though with that kind of bet!
Marky
Has liked: 54 likes
Total likes: 182 likes

Post by Marky »

Was the quickest I have ever got home. Stratford Station is alright with a 24k crowd
HammerAl
Total likes: 397 likes

Post by HammerAl »

WE'RE GONNA WIN THE LEAGUE (cup)!!!
Nick Sneddon
Total likes: 20 likes

Post by Nick Sneddon »

Redkanpps dog wrote:How many times have we gone into a game like that and either struggled to break them down or conceded from a stupid mistake. We were ruthless and it's about time we were.

There was a bloke sitting in front of me that had £10 on West Ham to win 8-0 at 70/1. Everyone was over the moon for him. He must have been on a day release from a mental hospital though with that kind of bet!
That’s terrible odds for that scoreline
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2486 likes
Total likes: 2713 likes

Post by sendô »

I picked up a copy of the Metro this morning and ****ed straight to the back pages looking forward to reading the in depth analysis and enthusiastic gushing over our crushing victory but was (un)surprised to see that there wasn't even an article!

A two page spread on the rent boys beating the dippers, small articles on Spurs and Arsenals wins, but nothing at all about us.

I bet if we'd have lost there'd have been something.
Vince
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by Vince »

Redkanpps dog wrote:How many times have we gone into a game like that and either struggled to break them down or conceded from a stupid mistake. We were ruthless and it's about time we were.

You must have been sitting just to the right of me.
Guy was off his trolley...…..I bet he was glad the ref blew the final whistle bang on 90 minutes.
sutts07
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 547 likes

Post by sutts07 »

Nick Sneddon wrote:
That’s terrible odds for that scoreline
Clearly not...??
sanchoz
Location: Founder of the Carlton Cole Fan Club - Rainham & Guildford Branch
Total likes: 11 likes

Post by sanchoz »

brothernero wrote:Amazingly this is the first time West Ham have scored 4 or more goals at a Home match since we beat Reading 4-2 back in 2013. (May 19th)
Ah, the old "Over complicate things....." match. Fun times.
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 144 likes
Total likes: 2406 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

sendô wrote:I picked up a copy of the Metro this morning and ****ed straight to the back pages looking forward to reading the in depth analysis and enthusiastic gushing over our crushing victory but was (un)surprised to see that there wasn't even an article!

A two page spread on the rent boys beating the dippers, small articles on Spurs and Arsenals wins, but nothing at all about us.

The Metro simply cover what their advertisers ask them to
thejackhammer
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by thejackhammer »

It may have ‘only’ been Macclesfield, but it’s not often a professional match is won by such a score line. Arsenal played Lincoln and Sutton and didn’t have as much joy.

A confidence building win, goals to boost some of our other players, and a ruthless streak we never show.

Biggest score line of my lifetime. Well done to all.
chigwells finest
Location: crying with family/crying with strangers & just crying tbh
Has liked: 391 likes
Total likes: 159 likes

Post by chigwells finest »

sendô wrote:I picked up a copy of the Metro this morning and ****ed straight to the back pages looking forward to reading the in depth analysis and enthusiastic gushing over our crushing victory but was (un)surprised to see that there wasn't even an article!

i was just going to mention the same , pretty poor effort in my opinion , next time i'll just go straight to the back pain adverts and teeth implants and miss all the so called sport