Mark Noble - West Ham Legend 500 up

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Exiledin cardiff
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 56 likes

Re: Mark Noble - West Ham Legend

Post by Exiledin cardiff »

Can we get Brooking 66 piece pinned as well very truthful post.
Patito

Post by Patito »

stu1 wrote:Can we get ‘thejackhammers’ post pinned to the top of every page, it’s a perfect summary of why Noble will go down as a legend for many.

:thup:
Agreed
Rio
Ronnie Biggs was here
Has liked: 159 likes
Total likes: 1080 likes

Post by Rio »

How about we get the forum terms and conditions pinned instead. 8-)
thejackhammer
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by thejackhammer »

Oh you guys! :oops:
brooking1966
Has liked: 34 likes

Post by brooking1966 »

6/10 average over 10+ years is ok, but not the 8/10 average a few post here. When other players get slated & Noble gets a pass it erks me! Why, because players in C&B should be treated equally, but they ain't since their not '1 of your own' smh.

11 players on the pitch. How can you disrespectfully slate our other players Mas, Antonio, Oggy, OB1, Wilshire & constantly give Noble a pass. Big up 1 game forget the next 20, what did he do at Brighton? While others got piled into by you same hypercrites. Keep supporting Noble as your answer in CM, keep saying it's the others around him fault. Bottom line time 10yrs has already told me Noble ain't all that. All these managers played him, but notably none never took him with them after leaving. Why didn't Sam take him for England, he took Antonio.

Keep blaming others for not playing well next to Noble, how did he do vs Brighton since none of you homers have mentioned. I played CM most of my career & if my partner in the mid couldn't press i would be doing doggys all game filling space. I feel sorry for OB1 doing the work of 1 & a half. Noble is an easy target for opponents, we cant hide him all game from the threat of counter because a cone is a cone innit?

Lastly, for the muppets that think they are representing West Ham Fans here. You don't get to choose whose West Ham & whose not, Hahahahaha you bunch of republicans. I count a minority of Noble lovers among West Ham Fans I know, yet 6 or 7 here think they speak for 100's of thousands West Ham fans. You numpties got your head up your arses if you think Noble is the answer at CM, rotation player at best & future coach/Manager. Pick the odd game all you want & hang on to it for dear life, but that still ain't good enough to improve our league position long-term.
DaveWHU1964
Has liked: 1302 likes
Total likes: 679 likes

Post by DaveWHU1964 »

I’ve said what I think about whether Mark is a ‘West Ham legend’. Despite Jackhammers’s brilliant post I wouldn’t put him in that category but respect the argument that he may be as close as we get in modern times. But to call a lad who has played 100s of games for this club a ****ing “cone” is disrespectful and classless.
S-H
Has liked: 5739 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

f*** me, Brooking change the record, you're boring!

Noble isn't the best player we have or have ever had, no one is saying that, he is afforded the respect he gets because he has earned it, for his work on and off of the pitch.

If he plays poorly people will acknowledge it, if he has played well, people will praise him, but you just seem intent on ****ing him off every five minutes, it's embarrassing. We get you don't like him, you don't rate him but why take time out of your day to come on here and slag him off? There are plenty of others who feel the same way as you that don't feel the need to attack him on a daily basis.

Is it any wonder you have been accused of being a troll?
Pop Robson
Total likes: 15 likes

Post by Pop Robson »

He's just over took Phil Parkes on most appearances, 441 now.
fmgod
Has liked: 50 likes
Total likes: 145 likes

Post by fmgod »

Got to be aiming for 500 surely, that's another 60 games and he is 31 now.
thejackhammer

Post by thejackhammer »

Not everyone has to agree he’s a legend. Some people call Di Canio a legend, I’ve heard Tevez revered as a legend, I disagree but don’t feel the need to post why I disagree is an abrasive way every day.

16% of your posts are on this thread, and you seem to turn it to Noble on every thread we have, whether it be the Masuaku thread, the Obiang thread or every single match thread. What’s the obsession?
Denzil
Has liked: 344 likes
Total likes: 487 likes

Post by Denzil »

brooking1966 wrote:6/10 average over 10+ years is ok, but not the 8/10 average a few post here. When other players get slated & Noble gets a pass it erks me! Why, because players in C&B should be treated equally, but they ain't since their not '1 of your own' smh.

11 players on the pitch. How can you disrespectfully slate our other players Mas, Antonio, Oggy, OB1, Wilshire & constantly give Noble a pass.
Big up 1 game forget the next 20, what did he do at Brighton? While others got piled into by you same hypercrites. Keep supporting Noble as your answer in CM, keep saying it's the others around him fault. Bottom line time 10yrs has already told me Noble ain't all that. All these managers played him, but notably none never took him with them after leaving. Why didn't Sam take him for England, he took Antonio.

Keep blaming others for not playing well next to Noble, how did he do vs Brighton since none of you homers have mentioned. I played CM most of my career & if my partner in the mid couldn't press i would be doing doggys all game filling space. I feel sorry for OB1 doing the work of 1 & a half. Noble is an easy target for opponents, we cant hide him all game from the threat of counter because a cone is a cone innit?

Lastly, for the muppets that think they are representing West Ham Fans here. You don't get to choose whose West Ham & whose not, Hahahahaha you bunch of republicans. I count a minority of Noble lovers among West Ham Fans I know, yet 6 or 7 here think they speak for 100's of thousands West Ham fans. You numpties got your head up your arses if you think Noble is the answer at CM, rotation player at best & future coach/Manager. Pick the odd game all you want & hang on to it for dear life, but that still ain't good enough to improve our league position long-term.
I think Noble cops it more than other players due to his affiliation with the C&B. I think you also know that but are trying far too hard to be a wind up merchant now, to the point where you're becoming boring rather than being able to have a laugh at some of your posts like I could a couple of weeks ago.

You clearly never played in CM if you would not want to play along side someone who dedicates most of their game for the better of the team rather than wanting the limelight, which given how you are on here is probably how you were as a player.

Wind it in now, you're acting like a teenage girl begging for attention.
sutts07
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 539 likes

Post by sutts07 »

fmgod wrote:Got to be aiming for 500 surely, that's another 60 games and he is 31 now.
Not sure how accurate it is (think it is spot on other than this weeks game not added yet) but the West Ham appearances Wiki page has Noble now outright 14th in the all time list.

John Bond is next in his sights on 444 closely followed by Alan Devonshire's target of 447. He should be able to rattle those off in the next month or so.

Up in 11th place is Jim Barrett on 467 and to get into the top ten of all time he will need to get up past Ken Brown who is on 468. Another 27 games this season is not unthinkable.

If he can keep himself free from injury next season his target would surely be to join the 500 club (another 60 games from now). After that I'd say he has a fair chance of ending up 7th on the all time list... so fair play to the lad...!

9th Geoff Hurst 504
7th Steve Potts and Vic Watson 505
6th Jimmy Ruffell 548
5th Alvin Martin 596
4th Trevor Brooking 643
3rd Bobby Moore 647
2nd Frank Lampard Snr 670
1st Billy Bonds 799

If only he can get his hands on a cup too...!
I'd love it, bloody love it...!
irving boleyn
Has liked: 61 likes
Total likes: 82 likes

Post by irving boleyn »

What did he do against Brighton?

Was part of the midfield trio that broke up Brighton's attacks and got the ball to attacking players in good positions, that no progress was made from there was the problem.

Did he make any bad passes,,did he even lose possession at all? If he did it was an acceptable minimum.

He ain't the"burster" that we need so badly,that he would accompany so well. Not his fault.
brooking1966

Post by brooking1966 »

Denzil wrote:
brooking1966" 6/10 average over 10+ years is ok, but not the 8/10 average a few post here. When other players get slated & Noble gets a pass it erks me! Why, because players in C&B should be treated equally, but they ain't since their not '1 of your own' smh.

11 players on the pitch. How can you disrespectfully slate our other players Mas, Antonio, Oggy, OB1, Wilshire & constantly give Noble a pass.
Big up 1 game forget the next 20, what did he do at Brighton? While others got piled into by you same hypercrites. Keep supporting Noble as your answer in CM, keep saying it's the others around him fault. Bottom line time 10yrs has already told me Noble ain't all that. All these managers played him, but notably none never took him with them after leaving. Why didn't Sam take him for England, he took Antonio.

I think Noble cops it more than other players due to his affiliation with the C&B. I think you also know that but are trying far too hard to be a wind up merchant now, to the point where you're becoming boring rather than being able to have a laugh at some of your posts like I could a couple of weeks ago.

Mate I cry laughing listening to the likes of you, is not just boring, it's blind ignorance for me. Little girl fix your ponytail, keep the talk bout football unless you want to get personal remain ignorant/rude, to others opinion that differs from yours.

You clearly never played in CM if you would not want to play along side someone who dedicates most of their game for the better of the team rather than wanting the limelight, which given how you are on here is probably how you were as a player.

Sorry I have played CM up to Semi pro & US Scholarship, I was like a kante in style & ran my bollox off for the team, often got mad with players not putting the work in. I don't fit your Narrative there so find a new 1, better still look in the mirror

Wind it in now, you're acting like a teenage girl begging for attention.[/quote]

Wind it in now, Alice since you live in Wonderland. if you don't want a word said about your Uncle Noble, block me & others that expose the blind hype. Simples

Noble is not West Ham to me, he's Mark Noble an average player playing for West Ham for 10yrs+. West Ham is and can only be the sum of its parts, which is THE WHOLE TEAMnot 1 individual. Most of this is due to partisan 1 club 1 team dinosaurs looking for a Stargate to the past. It's a new day time to adapt to the global game in order to compete at the highest level.

PS.Don't hate me for the fact that Noble hasn't lived up many fans expectations 10yrs+, that is solely due to his lack of ability on the pitch. Over-hype his performances all you want to 8/10 or 9/10 he may come from Canning Town, but that shouldn't make you blind.
S-H
Has liked: 5739 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

brooking1966 wrote:
Sorry I have played CM up to Semi pro & US Scholarship, I was like a kante in style & ran my bollox off for the team, often got mad with players not putting the work in. I don't fit your Narrative there so find a new 1, better still look in the mirror

So not only are you on a wind up, you're full of :thdn: too.

Such an obvious troll, and a terrible one at that.
Denzil
Has liked: 344 likes
Total likes: 487 likes

Post by Denzil »

That last post did make me smile a bit to be fair, so you're half way to getting back to your better winding up style.

Even the US didn't want you eh? So how do we get rid of you??

PS I don't have a pony tail; I'm bald. A bit like Kante.
-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 837 likes
Total likes: 4952 likes

Post by -DL- »

brooking1966 wrote: I was like a kante in style

Sure you didn't mean ****y? :hush:
sutts07
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 539 likes

Post by sutts07 »

brooking1966 wrote: Noble is not West Ham to me, he's Mark Noble an average player playing for West Ham for 10yrs+.
Who said 'Noble is West Ham'??

No player is bigger than the club, never has been nor ever will be. You seem to be winding yourself up with your own accusations and questions.

The original post simply asked if Noble is a West Ham legend. It didn't ask if he is a footballing legend, it didn't ask if he had more ability than any other West Ham player, it didn't ask if he is the embodiment of West Ham...

It simply asked if Noble deserves legendary status amongst the many players we have had through the years.
Legend noun (PERSON)
Someone very famous and admired, usually because of their ability in a particular area:
For some, including you, the answer is no due to a lack of ability. And that is fine. You are more than entitled to that opinion.

For others, the answer is absolutely yes because he is famous and admired in connection with West Ham.
brooking1966

Post by brooking1966 »

sutts07 wrote:It simply asked if Noble deserves legendary status amongst the many players we have had through the years.
Legend noun (PERSON)
Someone very famous and admired, usually because of their ability in a particular area:
For some, including you, the answer is no due to a lack of ability. And that is fine. You are more than entitled to that opinion.

For others, the answer is absolutely yes because he is famous and admired in connection with West Ham.[/quote]

Fair enough sutts07 if that what Legend is meant :thup:
Pop Robson
Total likes: 15 likes

Post by Pop Robson »

[youtube]<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/uhz2xUeP6UQ" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/youtube]