West Ham Utd 0-1 Tottenham Hotspur (20/10/18)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

StevePottsGoalsReel
Has liked: 3122 likes
Total likes: 2265 likes

Re: ⚽ West Ham Utd v Tottenham Hotspur: match thread (20/10)

Post by StevePottsGoalsReel »

prophet:marginal wrote:I've reached the point where

1. Fabianski
2. Balbuena
3. Diop
4. Rice
5. Arnautovic

are effectively 'penned in' onto the teamsheet, so long as they are fit, in that they are the spine around whom recent signings need to play with a sense of repetition, for acclimatisation.
Think Arnie might be a bit wasted at CB, but that's a very solid back 5 otherwise. :thup:
Rio
Ronnie Biggs was here
Has liked: 159 likes
Total likes: 1080 likes

Post by Rio »

Injuries apart I think we’ll start with the same eleven. Arthur is a worry at left back, but with firm instructions not to make fridays error again, his pace will be enough to retain his place. No one else has warranted their place being debated.
Ironing Board
Has liked: 2082 likes
Total likes: 1791 likes

Post by Ironing Board »

Tough game - probably a 2-3 goal defeat, but as long as we are in the match that’s fine. More about performance than result for me.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

Ironing Board wrote:Tough game - probably a 2-3 goal defeat, but as long as we are in the match that’s fine. More about performance than result for me.
We need points on the board. It's the other way round for me
TheHandOfDog
Has liked: 523 likes
Total likes: 419 likes

Post by TheHandOfDog »

Im with Ironing board here again, the 2nd time I have agreed with him. I obviously would love to beat these but I also want us to keep playing a certain way so that we don't lose it.
thejackhammer
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by thejackhammer »

Ironing Board wrote:Tough game - probably a 2-3 goal defeat, but as long as we are in the match that’s fine. More about performance than result for me.

Chelsea have been in much better form than them this season especially goal-scoring wise.

I reckon we can frustrate them like we did with Chelsea. Then it will come down to who can take the few chances that the game presents them with.

Fabianski has a good game and we can come out of this relatively unscathed.

A hard-fought 0-0, or a scrappy 1-0 for either side I reckon.
Upminster Hammer
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 41 likes

Post by Upminster Hammer »

Biggest league game of the season each year for me. Can’t stand anything about them and worry like mad each time.

Can’t see anything but an away win probably 0-2
e17
Has liked: 280 likes
Total likes: 940 likes

Post by e17 »

Spot on
hammerman11
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 744 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

more about the result than performance for me. I don't care if its the scrappiest game ever as long as we beat this lot. these are our nearest rivals as we never play millwall, so we need to beat them. its a big derby and the record book doesn't show west ham played well just WIN,LOSE OR DRAW. I want wins in both games.

strongest team for this one and the cup game. MP is transforming us but if he gets us into the top 10 and playing good football this season then he will have done well. however along the way you have to dig in and grind results out. this is one such match. The cup game represents a great opportunity as they will have to play a weakened team but we must play our strongest to ensure we get through.

prioritise these two spurs games please.
TommyHammer
Has liked: 98 likes
Total likes: 571 likes

Post by TommyHammer »

Different breed this lot. Go on and on and on about how “small time” West Ham are, whilst claiming they’re the biggest side in North London after a couple of good seasons.

They don’t look that great defensively this season, so I’m confident our front three can cause some damage. Lucas Moura looks a decent player with bundles of pace. A bit of a b*stard that is is coming after the international break, as the likes of Eriksen and Alli could most likely return.
Ironing Board
Has liked: 2082 likes
Total likes: 1791 likes

Post by Ironing Board »

Difference between Spurs and Chelsea is I feel Spurs can be more direct, as Kane is more dangerous than Giroud. They are a different style of team to defend against, and in some ways more difficult.
johnnyb
Has liked: 31 likes
Total likes: 65 likes

Post by johnnyb »

Ironing Board wrote:Difference between Spurs and Chelsea is I feel Spurs can be more direct, as Kane is more dangerous than Giroud. They are a different style of team to defend against, and in some ways more difficult.
Take Kane out of their side and they become quite ordinary and definitely not a top four team. Still can't believe how many goals the tosser has scored over the last few years. He was quite donkey like as a youngster during his loan spell at Milkwall.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1904 likes
Total likes: 1614 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

johnny

wish we had a donkey like him though to be honest....
johnnyb
Has liked: 31 likes
Total likes: 65 likes

Post by johnnyb »

Cuenca 'ammer wrote:johnny

wish we had a donkey like him though to be honest....
He's not a donkey anymore that's for sure. Our donkey is still a donkey and always at the vets. Leave you to guess who that is.
Georgee Paris
Location: The Amazing Adventures of Wicked Willy & Fearless Steve
Has liked: 496 likes
Total likes: 1038 likes

Post by Georgee Paris »

Kane was probably the best player on the pitch when Millwall played us!
The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2642 likes
Total likes: 1747 likes

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

Chicken Run Supreme wrote: We are heading in the right direction but there is a lot of work still needed. I would like to see Big Andy on the bench, whatever people think of him, he is a game changer.
Andy Carroll and Javier Hernandez can certainly affect games and depending on how the game is going I can see Carroll being introduced at the 75-80 minutes mark - if we're winning by 2 goals then bring him on for the last 5 minutes or so but if we're in need of a goal there's no one better to bring on than Andy Carroll , he upsets defenders and makes chances for others , I know a lot don't appreciate what he does but I love to see him play , we've always got a chance of a goal with Andy on the pitch .
hammerman11
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 744 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

cant see carroll making the league match but definitely the cup game against this lot.

for the first game same team for me and we need to up the intensity and commitment of all players.

lets hope arnie comes back unscathed and fully fit. same for all our international players.

would take a draw in this one and a win in the cup.

time to win ugly
Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing
Has liked: 342 likes
Total likes: 362 likes

Post by Clacton-ammer »

Looks like Eriksen & Vertonghen are out for the game, Eriksen could be out for months according to Talksport this morning, huge blow for them!. Vertonghen hamstring, so a chance he could be fit I guess.

They are winning ugly from what I have seen of the highlights, Moura looks a player though, and we all know what Kane can do.

Tough game, but I honestly don't fear anyone bar Man C & Liverpool. Think our attitude will be spot on from 1st to 90th, which will make it a tight game with us coming out winning 34-32...or 2-1 maybe.
Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham
Has liked: 232 likes
Total likes: 2570 likes

Post by Burnley Hammer »

We'll do well in this game. We'll struggle more against Burnley.
Ladzini

Post by Ladzini »

Carroll would come in useful for the bench this game, they are woeful at set pieces without Vertonghen.

I think the fact we lost to Brighton means we will be well up for this. If we had turned the Seagulls over I feel we would've been smashed by Spurs.

Close game, Arnie will score and so will Kane, it just depends who gets that extra one to take home the points.