Little things that irritate you

Anything goes in The Snug, General Discussion's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity where any subject not covered elsewhere may be discussed. Well, anything except golf, Star Wars and Arsenal.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

southbrishammer
Has liked: 114 likes
Total likes: 340 likes

Re: Little things that irritate you

Post by southbrishammer »

Checking into a Travelodge and hearing over the PA one of those awful female acoustic cover versions so beloved of ad agencies. This one? The American by Simple Minds.
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

southbrishammer wrote:Checking into a Travelodge and hearing over the PA one of those awful female acoustic cover versions so beloved of ad agencies. This one? The American by Simple Minds.
Sure it wasn’t The Heat Is On by Kenny Loggins?

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/embed/0deL7orO96o[/youtube]
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2423 likes
Total likes: 2634 likes

Post by sendô »

Tenbury wrote:I hate people who can't look after motors.
I hear you tenners, it's a pet hate of mine.

I don't consider myself the tidiest of people generally, around the house etc, but one thing I will always have is a tidy car. It irks me whenever I get into our car having not driven it for a while and find it strewn with parking receipts or empty bottles or worse still, sweet wrappers. I normally have to stop and tidy the whole car before I will go anywhere.
The Collector
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 12 likes

Post by The Collector »

southbrishammer wrote:Checking into a Travelodge.
There. I fixed that for you.
vietnammer
Bucky the beaver
Has liked: 618 likes
Total likes: 578 likes

Post by vietnammer »

Having to complete security checks for a mickey mouse agency (I already have DBS) who first cocked up by wanting details from countries I'd never been to (Mexico, Thailand) and, having corrected this now want to go back 12+ years to the last time I was in China. Also, though Saudi was very recent I'd be surprised if they got any reply at all from the police there. All this has delayed starting a job at Sheff Uni, where I have worked before. I mean I've had to do ACROW before to go abroad but at least they knew what they're doing.

Thinking of writing on a grubby piece of paper I have not dealt drugs to minors for 5 years signed X and see what they make of that. They'd probably approve it.
Monkeybubbles
Has liked: 485 likes
Total likes: 1953 likes

Post by Monkeybubbles »

vietnammer wrote: I have not dealt drugs to minors for 5 years
You'll get nowhere with an attitude like that. Not in Sheffield.
Barking Iron
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 64 likes

Post by Barking Iron »

Family members or friends who expect you to drop everything because there boiler has packed up. Its really ****ing irritating, me on the other hand wouldn’t want to mix friends and business in case it goes sour plus I like to pay the going rate and don’t expect it done on the cheap because let’s face it that’s the only reason they’re asking me in the first place.
Barking Iron
Total likes: 64 likes

Post by Barking Iron »

By the way Delbert, not a dig at you your the complete opposite where you’d rather do it all yourself and not take my advice
sendô

Post by sendô »

The metro this morning, describing Kate Middleton as "thrifty" because she's worn a £1350 dress TWICE.

That's not my definition of thrifty.
Greatest Cockney Rip Off
Has liked: 338 likes
Total likes: 728 likes

Post by Greatest Cockney Rip Off »

DasNutNock wrote:3) we live in Surrey where everyone is a c*nt
Yep - it still astounds me that my sister has lived in Addlestone for as long as she has. My nephew (24) absolutely hates the place as (rightly so) he says it's boring and the people are complete twats. I can also relate to the snobbishness you mention as I've often got the funny looks and snidey comments in a couple of pubs I've had the misfortune to drink in.
sendô

Post by sendô »

Yeah but to be fair GCRO you'd probably soiled yourself or wasn't wearing any trousers at the time.
Greatest Cockney Rip Off
Has liked: 338 likes
Total likes: 728 likes

Post by Greatest Cockney Rip Off »

sendô wrote:Yeah but to be fair GCRO you'd probably soiled yourself or wasn't wearing any trousers at the time.
I've only ever worn flowery dresses or sparkly hot pants when I've been to Surrey. Protocol and all that, dear boy ... 8-)
vietnammer
Bucky the beaver

Post by vietnammer »

This mickey mouse security company are taking the serious piss now. I've had to repeat all the information I've given them before, but with the addition that I supply a document with my name in Chinese characters from when I was last there in 2006. They never asked for this when I worked in exactly the same job I'm applying for now just two years ago. I've just given up using all my phone data waiting on hold to their message which sounds like it's underwater. If this is some zealot in Sheff Uni's HR dept I'm going to tell them what an incompetent bunch of c**** they are and go and work online or something. This has been going on since 4th September. ****ing had enough I have.
ageing hammer
Has liked: 484 likes
Total likes: 1475 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

Ok here goes, I know I will get called a few things after this but ,.....

This international baby wearing week mullarkey. A short while ago the New Zealand PM brought her nipper into some parliament meeting, then I saw some English person doing something similar recently
( sorry I can't recall who she was ) and now today I read an american weather presenter does her forecast on TV this week with her baby strapped onto her.

Link here: https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/other/pr ... vi-BBObymO" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

(and by the way her "baby" looks about 3 )

FFS when is all this tripe going to stop.

This thing about it " being normal , it's ok " to bring the baby with them is doing my head in.

If a female cop is about to tackle a hatchet wielding terrorist she will hardly have junior strapped onto her because it's bloody " ok."

A fire fighter is not going to bring her new born up a ladder of a blazing building.

Babies don't belong at work, the parents do.

Why do they have to insist on doing these silly things and try to make it sound like anyone objecting is a dinosaur.

If they are going to work leave the baby at home with dad or get a bloody babysitter.

I also get mad with these earth mothers who take out the boob in the busiest places to feed the baby because "it's only nature"

As Jim Royal said once "so's taking a shyte but you don't do that in the lounge"

The best one I saw was this woman who was getting some teeth done, and brought the baby with her lying on her chest breast feeding it while the dentist tried to do her fillings. Why didn't he tell her " look do you want to feed the baby or get your fillings done, I will stop now and rearrange your appointment for when you are free" that's what I would have done.

They are being allowed to go too far with all this stuff (imo ).

Tin hat at the ready :D

Rant over. :)
Last edited by ageing hammer on Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sendô

Post by sendô »

ageing hammer wrote:I also get mad with these earth mothers who take out the boob in the busiest places to feed the baby because "it's only nature"
Why? If the baby needs feeding and is breast fed then the tit needs to come out wherever they are.

Some women do seem to like to flop the whole tit out and dare people to stare though.
S-H
Has liked: 5737 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

Don't see an issue with it, myself.

vietnammer
Bucky the beaver

Post by vietnammer »

Ditto to what Sendo said about breast-feeding in general. Have sat in a meeting (many years ago) where a woman was breastfeeding throughout. Maybe she couldn't get day-care that day or she just thought the baby needed it, but thank goodness we had the maturity to just ignore it as 'their business' and carry on (though I was inwardly a bit surprised). Was on a flight last weekend where a woman did the same in the next seat and didn't feel any objection.

On the weather broadcast though...dunno if carrying the baby was necessary, but you don't know the situation but it might be very nascent and just 'need mummy'.
ageing hammer

Post by ageing hammer »

Double post :oops:
Last edited by ageing hammer on Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ageing hammer

Post by ageing hammer »

vietnammer wrote: Have sat in a meeting (many years ago) where a woman was breastfeeding throughout. Maybe she couldn't get day-care that day or she just thought the baby needed it, but thank goodness we had the maturity to just ignore it as 'their business' and carry on (though I was inwardly a bit surprised).

Not digging you out obviously but that woman knew going into the meeting that if she brought her baby into it that she would have to feed it during the meeting. Why couldn't she skip the meeting. If I was at a meeting and this happened it would be very hard for everyone to concentrate with a baby slurping and burping and possible crying too. Surely there is a time and a place. I thought that's what they invented breast pumps for.
Hammers Dad
Total likes: 49 likes

Post by Hammers Dad »

ageing hammer wrote:I also get mad with these earth mothers who take out the boob in the busiest places to feed the baby because "it's only nature"
sendô wrote: Why? If the baby needs feeding and is breast fed then the tit needs to come out wherever they are.

Some women do seem to like to flop the whole tit out and dare people to stare though.
Seen a few breastfeeding, mainly on the train, and never seen a full on baps out display.