Andy Carroll

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

sutts07
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 539 likes

Re: Andy Carroll

Post by sutts07 »

Only just watched the Nile Ranger interview...
Kevin (Nolan) took him into his wing, like, under his arm and said I'm gonna look after you because you're our top striker, your scoring goals, you're the man, and that helped him a lot Kevin Nolan taking him under his wing., that definitely helped him because he was getting his car blown up and stuff like that in Newcastle, I remember he was going through a lot of s**t.

I heard rumours, only rumours probably, but knowing Andy the way he is, I heard he snuck out and hurt his leg or whatever, it sounds like him to be fair, it definitely sounds like him, I promise you to be fair.
He was getting his car blown up and stuff...!
I'd totally forgotten about that story, it was parked on the drive of Nolan's family home at the time too.

This is the same guy who was chased home from training and shot at in Essex recently too. Add the various rumours and stories about his party lifestyle and you have to think the sooner he retires and brings out a book the better, what a read that would be if he didn't hold back!

Had forgotten about these little gems too...
Newcastle United defender Steven Taylor has suffered a broken jaw following an alleged row with team-mate Andy Carroll over the striker's ex-girlfriend.

Both players needed surgery yesterday after the extraordinary bust-up at the club's training ground.
He is accused of assault occasioning actual bodily harm against Michael Cook in the Blu Bambu club in December. It was alleged in Newcastle Magistrates Court last month that Carroll smashed a glass into Mr Cook's face. Carroll, who became a father in September, was also cautioned a year before his daughter was born for assault on a woman in Newcastle city centre.
West Ham football star Andy Carroll has been interviewed by police in Ireland after a photographer was allegedly assaulted.

The striker, on loan at the Hammers from Liverpool FC , was with team-mates in Dublin for a weekend Christmas party after beating Chelsea in the Premier League on Saturday.
spod
Has liked: 317 likes
Total likes: 278 likes

Post by spod »

Could have been another David Cross.
If it's true that his injuries are self-inflicted or the result of not taking proper care of himself, then he's the biggest idiot we've ever had at the club.
What a career he could have had.
upton o'good
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 120 likes

Post by upton o'good »

I thought he was pretty crap when he did play for us. About 1 good game in 4. And encouraged us to play route 1 instead of football. All in, the biggest waste of money we've ever signed.
stu1
Has liked: 658 likes
Total likes: 1024 likes

Post by stu1 »

upton o'good wrote:I thought he was pretty crap when he did play for us. About 1 good game in 4. And encouraged us to play route 1 instead of football. All in, the biggest waste of money we've ever signed.
But was he 'unplayable' in that good game :wink:
sutts07

Post by sutts07 »

upton o'good wrote:encouraged us to play route 1 instead of football
That is my single biggest issue with having him in a starting XI.
As part of the squad and as an impact sub, I actually think he had more to offer than anyone, but the game has moved on with regards to player like him getting starting roles.
ageing hammer
Has liked: 484 likes
Total likes: 1475 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

He's a West Ham legend is Shandy Barrel Image
Pulls up Trees
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Pulls up Trees »

upton o'good wrote:I thought he was pretty crap when he did play for us. About 1 good game in 4. And encouraged us to play route 1 instead of football. All in, the biggest waste of money we've ever signed.
I would argue that we put less crosses in when he plays, than when he doesn't...
stu1
Has liked: 658 likes
Total likes: 1024 likes

Post by stu1 »

Pulls up Trees wrote: I would argue that we put less crosses in when he plays, than when he doesn't...
You might be right, as we've often struggled to get up the pitch when Carroll plays. Far too often we've resorted to Collins and Reid punting the ball over our midfielders heads at Carroll, which is actually quite ineffective.

Some of our play this season has been a joy to watch and Arnie's technical ability is very much a part of that. It's only a matter of time before we score a worldie team goal imo.
Row X
Has liked: 9 likes
Total likes: 34 likes

Post by Row X »

upton o'good wrote: I thought he was pretty crap when he did play for us. About 1 good game in 4. And encouraged us to play route 1 instead of football. All in, the biggest waste of money we've ever signed.
You're on the ball, you're being shut down in your own half, you have no options inside, or backwards, you have a monster up front that will win and make the ball stick up the oppo's half.... of course your knocking it long.

Plus the biggest waste of money probably kept us up last year with his goals late on in the season.
Pulls up Trees wrote: I would argue that we put less crosses in when he plays, than when he doesn't...
You're the opposition, Andy Carroll comes on. What's the first shout from everybody? "STOP THE CROSSES"
sutts07

Post by sutts07 »

Row X wrote: You're the opposition, Andy Carroll comes on. What's the first shout from everybody?
Kick him, pull his hair, crouch down behind him so he trips up and gets injured...
kitthehammer
Has liked: 74 likes
Total likes: 303 likes

Post by kitthehammer »

Crouchend_Hammer wrote:For the reasons I stated

Many footballers don't like the sport and treat it like a job. But they still manage to do it with utmost dedication, commitment and respect.

There is a difference between not liking it, and actively disliking it so that it is a long way down your list of priorities
Francis Rossi from Status Quo treats music the same. It's work. I believe that when he was asked about what other bands he goes to watch he said something along the lines of "why would i want to go and watch somebody working?" . It hasn't stopped him doing his job for 50 years plus, whatever you think of them.
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 137 likes
Total likes: 2353 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

One of the biggest myths is that he is actually a top quality player. He really isn't. He can attack a perfectly floated cross, but that is his only real above average skill

He is the archetypal flat track bully who can be effective at home to fairly crap teams, but completely ineffective against anyone half decent or away from home (one game against a very defensively weak Arsenal excepted, as i know someone will bang on about that)

Analysis of his goal haul and comparison of pointage and team goals scored when on the pitch vs when he isn't will prove the above, which is even more striking given we have had such a paucity of other striking options in the majority of his time since he has been here. He hasn't made us a better team, or a more successful team, even when the other options have been pretty crap

Thankfully (hopefully), only 8 months more to go...
Mosterhammer
Has liked: 1134 likes
Total likes: 45 likes

Post by Mosterhammer »

Crouchend_Hammer wrote:One of the biggest myths is that he is actually a top quality player. He really isn't. He can attack a perfectly floated cross, but that is his only real above average skill

He is the archetypal flat track bully who can be effective at home to fairly crap teams, but completely ineffective against anyone half decent or away from home (one game against a very defensively weak Arsenal excepted, as i know someone will bang on about that)

Analysis of his goal haul and comparison of pointage and team goals scored when on the pitch vs when he isn't will prove the above, which is even more striking given we have had such a paucity of other striking options in the majority of his time since he has been here. He hasn't made us a better team, or a more successful team, even when the other options have been pretty crap

Thankfully (hopefully), only 8 months more to go...
:thup:
Row X

Post by Row X »

sutts07 wrote:
Kick him, pull his hair, crouch down behind him so he trips up and gets injured...
So you understand the fear he puts into the opposition then :wink:
Patito

Post by Patito »

Row X wrote: Plus the biggest waste of money probably kept us up last year with his goals late on in the season.
Nope that was Arnautovic who was the main man that kept us up.
iLoveLasagne
Has liked: 204 likes
Total likes: 216 likes

Post by iLoveLasagne »

Agree entirely with Crouchend. He isn't very technical nor mobile. The Newcastle version of Andy was far more dynamic. We bought the broken one trick pony version.
Row X

Post by Row X »

Patito wrote:
Nope that was Arnautovic who was the main man that kept us up.
Not David Moyes, who played the winger up front?
pharaoh
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 1 like

Post by pharaoh »

iLoveLasagne wrote:Agree entirely with Crouchend. He isn't very technical nor mobile. The Newcastle version of Andy was far more dynamic. We bought the broken one trick pony version.
To score that goal against Palace? Not technical.? You may not like him but that is total rubbish
Row X

Post by Row X »

iLoveLasagne wrote:Agree entirely with Crouchend. He isn't very technical nor mobile. The Newcastle version of Andy was far more dynamic. We bought the broken one trick pony version.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:scarfer:
Patito

Post by Patito »

Row X wrote: Not David Moyes, who played the winger up front?
No, it was Arnautovic the striker who scored and assisted the goals and is continuing to do so, as a striker.

I see you've changed your answer from Carroll to Moyes already Image