Declan Rice

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Brendan
Total likes: 2 likes

Re: Declan Rice

Post by Brendan »

At age 19 Michael Carrick was not as good a player as Dier is now. You could see Carrick was going to be a great player which he did actually become. He became a better player than Dier ever will be but it did not happen overnight. It took several years and subsequent moves to Spuds and Man Utd before you could say he was a great player.

Rice has the the potential to be a great player and if he continues to improve I would expect him to surpass Dier within two years, I consider that quite rapid progress.

He will continue to make the odd mistake but if I was a betting person I would say he has the potential to be an England squad player and then a permanent fixture.

Remember Brooking could have gone on a free early in his career before he was converted to midfield, remember him having a few stinkers up front although i think he got a hattrick against Newcastle quite early in his career
comebackjoecole

Post by comebackjoecole »

As a youth player Carrick wasn't played as a defensive midfielder, he played alongside Ferrante and Cole in a three as part of 532. He didn't have any major defensive responsibilty and played high up the pitch.
At 17 he could pass the ball and read the game better than Dier ever will, but are different type of players .
hammerman11
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 744 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

seems like rice will have to get past dier to get in the England team. This I reckon he will do within 2 years at his current rate of progress and that is why we need to get him signed up now. 30k now will be 50-60k in the summer with vultures circling !

shift carroll byran oxford Hernandez perez sanchez by next summer and there are loads of wages to pay him a decent amount.
claret parrot
Location: caught between the devil and the deep fried camembert.
Has liked: 10 likes
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by claret parrot »

I cannot believe these clowns at the club are still fart-arsing about with Declan's contract. There is talk of signing Gary Cahill now he's getting too old to cut the mustard at Chelsea. How much per week are we likely to be paying him as we watch him decline until we consider him no longer fit for purpose?

Yeah but he's a top quality player, We can get him on a free, and if we don't then someone else will. Well guess what - Declan is a top quality player we already have and if we don't pay him what he's worth someone else will.

I wouldn't be upset if we had to pay him £50k per week provided he is tied down to a long term contract so when he inevitably does leave, we get to bank upwards of £40m.

Why am I telling you lot, I'm preaching to the choir aren't I? This young man is excelling in the Premier League and he is only going to get better. He is what is sometimes described as an "appreciating asset". As owners of WHU you may need to look up the meaning of that phrase.

£35k p.w. is not being greedy or unreasonable. Stop fukcing about West Ham and get it done.
hammerman11

Post by hammerman11 »

agree fully pay rice what he wants asap or lose him.
unless cahill is the replacement ! surely not , but who knows with these shysters.

don't want cahill, past his best. next CB needs to be around 25 years or younger. build a future
sanchoz
Location: Founder of the Carlton Cole Fan Club - Rainham & Guildford Branch
Total likes: 11 likes

Post by sanchoz »

Particular website co-editor publishes contract details (breaching GDPR regulations), said website starts a poll asking people to make their mind up if he should take the deal or not, kick up a hornets nest of debate and then does an article today saying the debate "ENDS HERE".....

HHS sums it up when he says at a football club, this ain't normal.
dt64
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by dt64 »

sanchoz wrote:Particular website co-editor publishes contract details (breaching GDPR regulations), said website starts a poll asking people to make their mind up if he should take the deal or not, kick up a hornets nest of debate and then does an article today saying the debate "ENDS HERE".....

HHS sums it up when he says at a football club, this ain't normal.
What is all this about? I must have missed this!
sanchoz
Location: Founder of the Carlton Cole Fan Club - Rainham & Guildford Branch
Total likes: 11 likes

Post by sanchoz »

C&H
hammerman11

Post by hammerman11 »

fans should fully support Declan. sign him up song etc. wants 30k a week and our best performer this season. give it to him now and then he can continue his climb to captain west ham .

also send out a positive message that we will support and want our good young players.

Holland trot dangana Coventry etc will all be watching.

oxford was a mistake giving him a big wage after one good game. bit different for dec as he has been performing well in over 30 premier games now !
TheHandOfDog
Has liked: 523 likes
Total likes: 419 likes

Post by TheHandOfDog »

Mad really isn't it that a deal hasn't been done yet. The lad is going places and the more we f*** him around, the more likely he is to leave sooner.
westlondonhammer
Has liked: 1049 likes
Total likes: 1331 likes

Post by westlondonhammer »

My take on it

He is quite enjoying playing for West Ham. He is getting a sustained run in the team for someone who is such a young age and has a good rapport with the fans

Manuel rates him, hence him being a first team regular now

Therefore it is mutually beneficial that a deal is agreed. It's really quite that simple.

That the club / his agent have leaked this contract offer is classless... but once this is all done and dusted that will be forgotten.
jaybs
Has liked: 21 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by jaybs »

Interesting that website mentioned always feels they rule the roost! now posts are monitored before posted lol

Both the club and the agent are to blame, but this seems the usual practice for our club, we need to get this deal done! once and for all, I would not want to lose Declan!
Jumby
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 35 likes

Post by Jumby »

I still think Oxford can come good but we must keep Declan Rice.
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 836 likes
Total likes: 1980 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

If some silly mouthpiece website used details of my private wage negotiation, I reckon I would think about going elsewhere, tbh.
mattyD
Has liked: 268 likes
Total likes: 316 likes

Post by mattyD »

It's the Sullivans, they can't help themselves. Classless twats as per usual.
hammerman11

Post by hammerman11 »

just sign him up west ham, please !
sutts07
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 539 likes

Post by sutts07 »

Sign him up, Sign him up, English Declan...
Sign him up, Sign him up, I say...
Sign him up, Sign him up, English Declan...
Plays his football the West Ham way...
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2437 likes
Total likes: 4292 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

His passing in the second half yesterday was way above the levels he's previously shown and was as incisive and impressive as I've seen from us in recent times.
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 137 likes
Total likes: 2356 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

bubbles1966 wrote:His passing in the second half yesterday was way above the levels he's previously shown and was as incisive and impressive as I've seen from us in recent times.
I agree. his positioning at times is less than ideal (but that will come with experience). However, his use of the ball is improving massively game by game
Ariksan
Has liked: 15 likes
Total likes: 25 likes

Post by Ariksan »

Another MOTM performace, will add another couple grands to his (rightful) demands... getting more expensive the longer the shyster are gambling.