Little things that irritate you

Anything goes in The Snug, General Discussion's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity where any subject not covered elsewhere may be discussed. Well, anything except golf, Star Wars and Arsenal.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

delbert
Has liked: 698 likes
Total likes: 697 likes

Re: Little things that irritate you

Post by delbert »

Trying to sort out some rail travel on a Saturday and the route is unavailable. I assume it's down to weekend work as the same route is OK during the week, but trying to get any details is a nightmare. I was looking at Ilford or Seven Kings to Rayleigh but there's no mention of a bus replacement service, just not available.......
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 836 likes
Total likes: 1980 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

^^That's going to be Crossrail (or Elizabeth Line, whatever) related, I'd have thunk.
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2423 likes
Total likes: 2634 likes

Post by sendô »

Important headline news on the BBC:

Prince Harry gets his beard rubbed by a young boy.
neil_d
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 1 like

Post by neil_d »

delbert wrote:Trying to sort out some rail travel on a Saturday and the route is unavailable. I assume it's down to weekend work as the same route is OK during the week, but trying to get any details is a nightmare. I was looking at Ilford or Seven Kings to Rayleigh but there's no mention of a bus replacement service, just not available.......
Should be buses between Shenfield and Southend Vic (and all intermediate stations): https://www.greateranglia.co.uk/travel- ... er-and-458" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

(Not sure this is Crossrail related specifically, maybe a knock-on effect, as that only comes out as far as Shenfield. Never ending weekend works which started over two years ago!)
Denzil
Has liked: 344 likes
Total likes: 487 likes

Post by Denzil »

I seldom eat there, however my recent post on speed awareness did get me thinking; why do McDonald's stop their breakfast menu at 10:30? Surely midday is a more suitable time?
delbert
Has liked: 698 likes
Total likes: 697 likes

Post by delbert »

neil_d wrote: Should be buses between Shenfield and Southend Vic (and all intermediate stations): https://www.greateranglia.co.uk/travel- ... er-and-458" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

(Not sure this is Crossrail related specifically, maybe a knock-on effect, as that only comes out as far as Shenfield. Never ending weekend works which started over two years ago!)
:thup: Cheers mate, and Proph. The strange bit is it doesn't even give you option to buy the tickets, you'd think that even with a bus replacement service it would give you the option...........
S-H
Has liked: 5738 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

This is actually a thing.

https://www.textapotato.com/

DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

Being dialed into an important and very busy conference, not paying any attention, and suddenly hearing your name mentioned (followed by expectant silence).
James P
Has liked: 28 likes
Total likes: 171 likes

Post by James P »

Denzil wrote:I seldom eat there, however my recent post on speed awareness did get me thinking; why do McDonald's stop their breakfast menu at 10:30? Surely midday is a more suitable time?
Most McDonalds don't have the capacity to serve breakfast and main menu at the same time. Presumably it's more profitable to sell main menu between 10:30 and 12:00 than breakfast.
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 1978 likes
Total likes: 1465 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

DasNutNock wrote:Being dialed into an important and very busy conference, not paying any attention, and suddenly hearing your name mentioned (followed by expectant silence).
So why are you irritated?

Shouldn't the other people on the conference call be the one's who are irritable at your lack of concentration??
Polaroid
Has liked: 612 likes
Total likes: 220 likes

Post by Polaroid »

sendô wrote:Important headline news on the BBC:

Prince Harry gets his beard rubbed by a young boy.
I must have been in a good mood this morning when I saw that.
I read it as Ginger twat gets mocked by child.
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

westham,eggyandchips wrote:So why are you irritated?

Shouldn't the other people on the conference call be the one's who are irritable at your lack of concentration??
Pfft. Their fault for being such boring American c***s.
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2423 likes
Total likes: 2634 likes

Post by sendô »

DasNutNock wrote:Being dialed into an important and very busy conference, not paying any attention, and suddenly hearing your name mentioned (followed by expectant silence).
Surely that's an easy "sorry the line broke up can you repeat that".

Unless other people were in the room with you?
the celestial insect

Post by the celestial insect »

The other side of the coin is being on a large conference call when your name comes up and the others don't realise you're on the call. I've had a lot of fun with that one.
DM
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 22 likes

Post by DM »

W*nker drivers who don't use their indicators. Especially on roundabouts when they cut across you :x
swash
Has liked: 140 likes
Total likes: 188 likes

Post by swash »

DM wrote:W*nker drivers who don't use their indicators. Especially on roundabouts when they cut across you :x
So everyone in a German manufactured motor then
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

sendô wrote:Surely that's an easy "sorry the line broke up can you repeat that".

Unless other people were in the room with you?
That was my strategy, yes. I was about the 3rd or 4th person in the call to do the same, which suggest that attentions had wandered all-round.
Tenbury
Has liked: 721 likes
Total likes: 1208 likes

Post by Tenbury »

I can walk 20 metres max ,on crutches, can I get a f**king blue badge? ...Can I f**k.

If I could get to Shirehall and meet the pathetic council non entity who makes these decisions I'd love a chat...
Hummer_I_mean_Hammer
Has liked: 939 likes
Total likes: 479 likes

Post by Hummer_I_mean_Hammer »

DasNutNock wrote:They send us money off vouchers - often pretty good discounts. £15 off a £90 shop, and suchlike.
My wife is good with getting deals on these, she doubles or tripples the face value. My daughter wanted to go to thorpe park for her birthday, so the four of us went and it only cost the price of a single ticket, about £30, rather than the £120 it would have cost.
Hummer_I_mean_Hammer
Has liked: 939 likes
Total likes: 479 likes

Post by Hummer_I_mean_Hammer »

A pebble in my shoe, only to discover that somehow it had managed to get inside of my sock.

So standing around in a busy ticket hall, having believed that it would have simply been a case of whipping my shoe off and shaking the stone out, trying to extract the pebble from my sock and trying to keep my balance at the same time.