Jan Transfer Window 18/19

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

DODGYDAL

Re: Jan Transfer Window 18/19

Post by DODGYDAL »

Peaches wrote:We are desperately weak in midfield now. I’d love us to sign Loftus-Cheek on a permanent transfer, he gives us a bit of everything and is only 22 and would be a perfect long term partner for Rice. Also a loan move for Joao Mario as it looks like Sanchez and Yarmolenko are done for the season.
We could also use a Striker as if Arnie gets crocked we are proper $#&@d, unless young Xande Silva can step up, Maxi Gomes is the dream but failing that, perhaps Pelegríni could work his magic and turn Iheanacho into a goal scorer.
We also need a left back, I’d go for one of Junior Firpo, Kiran Tierney, Jordon Lukaku or Lloyd Kelly.
I’d also jettison Antonio, Cresswell or Masuaku, and if we can sign another striker, Chicharito.

In:
Loftus-Cheek 28m
Maxi Gomes 33m
Joao Mario Loan
Junior Firpo 10m

Out:
Creswell 6m
Antonio 13m
Chicharito 12m

That is a net spend of 31m.
The cheap option would be to sign Iheanacho for 18m and Kelly for 3m instead of Gomes and Firpo saving 22m for a net spend of 9m.
The same Iheanacho who joined Leicester for 25mil and now plays???
Patito

Post by Patito »

Chelsea will demand £40 million + for Loftus-Cheek I'd have thought.
Ozza
Has liked: 945 likes
Total likes: 2366 likes

Post by Ozza »

sjfrost1001 wrote:This thread has been open for over 24 hours & no lists from hammerman11 yet...

Has the site been down?
Reading some of the posts on here, I'd say he's posting under different names
Ozza

Post by Ozza »

Patito wrote:Chelsea will demand £40 million + for Loftus-Cheek I'd have thought.
Easily, his contract isn't up for 3 years (I think)
Ozza

Post by Ozza »

Unless we're in the crap and looking like we might be in the bottom three they won't spend, and I'd imagine any loans will be to cover off injuries where we are short.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1905 likes
Total likes: 1614 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

^^^^^^^^

yup...said so either on here or elsewhere.

trouble is Ozza, we might well be in the brown stuff by then..

Obiang not available again this weekend....

As usual, our bench is another Achilles Heel (pun intended)...

Let's see what it is on Saturday.....

Injuries seem to also coincide with players awfully off form and/or in the manager's doghouse.

we've heard Obiang is injured, can't seem to find news about Perez...
EastleighHammer16
Has liked: 230 likes
Total likes: 1648 likes

Post by EastleighHammer16 »

Doubt we'll spend money in January, we don't seem to do that often. Would take Joao Mario on loan in a heartbeat. Still think we should of signed him in the summer personally.
hammerman11
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 744 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

RLC would be a good loan and Mario in also. we would then need to sign a striker as we have little that is reliable. I still think Hernandez will be off in January so that will leave just perez and carroll to support arnie. not good.

LB also needed but doubt we will address this until the summer.

we wont be spending much unless we are in the bottom 3 at xmas, which I doubt we will be.
sutts07
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 539 likes

Post by sutts07 »

Chelsea won't sell Loftus-Cheek. No chance, no way.

A six month loan deal is the best we could hope for there but we wouldn't even get an option on him at the end of it.

He needs games, we need midfield cover. Makes a lot of sense in some ways but it will only ever be a temp move. Unless he stinks the place out of course, in which case Chelsea might let us buy him.
Gsbgsb
Has liked: 316 likes
Total likes: 749 likes

Post by Gsbgsb »

The squad is short in several areas but so is just about every squad outside the top 6, indeed you could argue Man Utd are as well.

In some respects I hope we do not buy in January as that will mean we do not need to buy. A loan or two to cover injuries/gaps would be fine then focus again in the summer when wages will have been freed up and there is the time to move on those who do not have a part to play going forward and work more on the targets you want as opposed to those who may be available.
hammer1975
Has liked: 933 likes
Total likes: 1088 likes

Post by hammer1975 »

Cuenca 'ammer wrote:would that be the Rafinha that started for Barca today in the CL and scored the first goal ?

and I think started last league game or at least came off the bench for major minutes...
The one who was linked with us in the summer (Spanish press said we actually discussed offers with Barca, has said he is now open to leaving Barcelona), who has only started two games for them this season, who was let go on loan at the same point last season and who Bacelona agreed a loan deal with another Spanish club pre season only for it to fall through on personal terms.

That one.

And I only said ‘linked’
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 836 likes
Total likes: 1980 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

Jonjo Shelvey might be a decent addition. His career is going nowhere up in the North East.

I, too, would gladly have Joao Mario back in the fold.
Johnny_C WHU
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Johnny_C WHU »

I honestly cannot see a lot happening in the window, especially with players supposedly coming back from injury around that time. They will be like new signings....

To be fair I would be happy with maybe a loan or two if necessary (injuries depending) as I would rather see a clear out in the summer of the fringe players for a little more quality.
Apart from midfield I think we have the numbers in the squad to be ok for this season.

Hopefully some of the youngsters will get minutes here and there :crest:
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

and via James Corden we've been "linked" with Zlatan....
Ozza

Post by Ozza »

Cuenca 'ammer wrote:and via James Corden we've been "linked" with Zlatan....
Lol I still chuckle at the ones on here who said they didn't want him before he went to MU
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

and I still chuckle at some of the names chucked about in here and some of the fees that they think clubs will accept for them..........

there should be a thread entitled "Players who we would like to sign but have absolutely no chances of doing so...."

and another: "Unrealistic fees for players that we think clubs would settle for..."

:asleep:
Ozza

Post by Ozza »

Cuenca 'ammer wrote:and I still chuckle at some of the names chucked about in here and some of the fees that they think clubs will accept for them..........

there should be a thread entitled "Players who we would like to sign but have absolutely no chances of doing so...."

and another: "Unrealistic fees for players that we think clubs would settle for..."

:asleep:
Don't need a separate thread it's called the Jan / summer transfer thread
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

Then maybe the thread title should be reworked to be:

Realistic Transfer Signings

Every time we have a transfer thread, people just start chucking names out there most unrealistic and quote fees that we should pay.

Does my head in..

Can we somehow only get posts by certain posters i.e. Jinxed or that ? or is "friend" button the one.

That way I could save myself loads of head banging reading through trying to find an ITK that can be believed as to who might actually be headed this way.

Go back to the old days I suppose where I don't read these threads and wait until the club announces it.
hammer1975
Has liked: 933 likes
Total likes: 1088 likes

Post by hammer1975 »

A thread that includes only players available on loan or in contract run down is probably a big step towards a realistic transfer window thread for January.

I’m more surprised no one has yet mentioned the possibility of offers for Arnie in January....
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

or injured or likely to be injured if they sign for us...or decent players that immediately turn to shyte once they pull our shirt on.....