Olympic Stadium Discussion and Questions

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Warwick Iron
Has liked: 1 like

Re: Olympic Stadium Discussion and Questions

Post by Warwick Iron »

Does anyone know somewhere that you can park near Hackney Wick? I am in the BML and it takes forever getting and parking at Stratford.

Thank you in advance
Georgee Paris
Location: The Amazing Adventures of Wicked Willy & Fearless Steve
Has liked: 496 likes
Total likes: 1038 likes

Post by Georgee Paris »

There always seems loads of space around the copper box arena - I wonder if they advertise parking spaces or could help if you give them a call?
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 137 likes
Total likes: 2357 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

Warwick Iron wrote:Does anyone know somewhere that you can park near Hackney Wick? I am in the BML and it takes forever getting and parking at Stratford.

Thank you in advance
Some of the people i go with park around Hackney Wick. I am not sure where, and I have no idea what the parking regulations are, but they seem to manage
Pop Robson
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 15 likes

Post by Pop Robson »

Hammer.CA wrote:https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... visit.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
You don't know what you've got until its gone

Still we may have 60,000 capacity soon, 20,000 empty seats at some games loads of room
WestHamIFC

Post by WestHamIFC »

CB_CB wrote:Baffles me why so many still only use the main bridge

it may be the shortest route
To Stratford Station?? No it isn't!
Kialos
Has liked: 1556 likes
Total likes: 773 likes

Post by Kialos »

Warwick Iron wrote:Does anyone know somewhere that you can park near Hackney Wick? I am in the BML and it takes forever getting and parking at Stratford.

Thank you in advance
Would Stratford International car park be a better option? You can book a space in advance too.
Samassi Abou
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Samassi Abou »

Is there any plans to put WiFi in the stadium?
hammers92
Has liked: 317 likes
Total likes: 1748 likes

Post by hammers92 »

Samassi Abou wrote:Is there any plans to put WiFi in the stadium?
Do you need it to watch a football match?
Warwick Iron
Has liked: 1 like

Post by Warwick Iron »

Thank you Georgie, Crouchie and Kialos :thup:
hammerman11
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 744 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

brady has been planning wifi in the world class dump for every season.
also a wrap around, another carpet, more shelves for beer and increased capacity.

the only thing she has half delivered is a few shelves !

we dont need the wifi
we dont need an increased capacity
carpet who cares
we dont need a wrap around

we need to buy the place and give it a proper makeover.
take down the stupid slide and have a statute of Sir Bobby and a replica of the one outside the boleyn.
then rebuild somehow the seats to get them nearer the pitch.

all a long way off
S-H
Has liked: 5739 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

I could be wrong, but I'm starting to get the impression that hammerman11 doesn't like the stadium.
Georgee Paris
Location: The Amazing Adventures of Wicked Willy & Fearless Steve
Has liked: 496 likes
Total likes: 1038 likes

Post by Georgee Paris »

We were talking in the beer merchants tap after the last game and decided it’s really not that bad. In fact we are all quite happy now. I think playing good football has helped. I’d love for the configuration to be sorted out but we (our little group) now have accepted what it is. That’s our group - 7 of us in block 113.
hammerman11
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 744 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

sorry !

its not a football stadium but maybe one day it will be.
S-H
Has liked: 5739 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

hammerman11 wrote:sorry !

its not a football stadium but maybe one day it will be.
I'm only joking mate, you pay your hard earned money, and are entitled to your opinion, I've only been to about 10 games there, and it's nowhere near fit for purpose.
IronworksDave

Post by IronworksDave »

Georgee Paris wrote:We were talking in the beer merchants tap after the last game and decided it’s really not that bad. In fact we are all quite happy now. I think playing good football has helped. I’d love for the configuration to be sorted out but we (our little group) now have accepted what it is. That’s our group - 7 of us in block 113.
This is the reality of life, over time you accept what you have ... the car with a squeaky brake, the cracked window, the shower that drips, the train that's crowded, smaller chocolate bars ....

That doesn't mean things have got better, just that we've got fed up of complaining ... Ms Brady tactics ignore, ignore, ignore are working well with your group ...

Not blaming you that's just how it goes ...

Wait till you see the Spuds new pile ... it will remind you just how ***** a football stadium the LS truly is ...
James P
Has liked: 28 likes
Total likes: 171 likes

Post by James P »

hammers92 wrote:Do you need it to watch a football match?
I wouldn't mind a situation where my phone isn't simply dead weight for the whole time I'm in the Olympic Stadium. Being able to get score updates from other games, place a bet maybe, tell a mate on the other side of the ground where we're going after the game or have the guy who's gone for the half time beers let me know that the queue at one bar is massive so he's gone down to the next place. Not life or death stuff but little things that would make my time in the ground just go a little easier.
Coops
Has liked: 444 likes
Total likes: 574 likes

Post by Coops »

I dare say many on here are not a fan of Ken Livingstone. But I think what he says here about Westfield being built as a public thoroughfare is very interesting.

From about 1:00 in: https://www.facebook.com/thepeoplesbrit ... 273334612/
droshky
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 1 like

Post by droshky »

Wick parking...You might get on a meter bay after they finish at 130 but residents bays are now banned on match days almost as far as Lauriston rd so you’re in for a long walk
Brendan
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by Brendan »

Georgee Paris wrote:We were talking in the beer merchants tap after the last game and decided it’s really not that bad. In fact we are all quite happy now. I think playing good football has helped. I’d love for the configuration to be sorted out but we (our little group) now have accepted what it is. That’s our group - 7 of us in block 113.

We are a group of seven, my first match was 1966, we also think the stadium suits our needs and is not too bad. . We know if it was configured to be closer to the pitch it would be a lot better but as band 5 paying under £15 per match it is not bad value. If I was 35 younger then I probably would have a different viewpoint
OohAahButler
Has liked: 561 likes
Total likes: 288 likes

Post by OohAahButler »

Georgee Paris wrote:I think playing good football has helped.
I've been banging on about this for ages.

I'm always going to miss the old place and the OS is never going to be as good - but then if I'm honest, the whole matchday experience has been going downhill for me for the last 30 years anyway, as everything has got more sanitised.

I didn't particularly enjoy going to UP when it was Allardyce football. I really think that a lot of the discontent over the last two years has been down to the poor football we've had to put up with - that was never part of the deal when we sold our soul. If we can string together a few decent results, with some committed, attacking football and the likes of Rice and Diangana continuing to give us something to shout about, I think perceptions will start to change.