West Ham Utd 3-1 Cardiff City (04/12/18)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

e17
Has liked: 280 likes
Total likes: 940 likes

Re: ⚽ West Ham Utd v Cardiff City: Match Thread

Post by e17 »

S-H wrote:Acid?
He’s genuinely gone a bit Bo Selecta, hasn’t he? Bodged face lift?

We sit quite close to the dugouts and when it got a bit frustrating before half time, we was studying his boat race in quite a lot of depth

Strangely fascinating
Polaroid
Has liked: 612 likes
Total likes: 220 likes

Post by Polaroid »

Cardiff manager Neil Warnock: "I don't know how we lost the game, let alone 3-1. I called Manuel over and said 'how are we losing 3-0?' And he said: 'I don't know who you are?'.
The missing three words of the quote?

Disagree with those posters that say it was a good oppo's view.
Sure, they are well written, balanced and in the main accurate.
But I don't want that.
I want angry as feck, biased and venomous posts where you can smell the bile dripping from the page.
S-H
Has liked: 5738 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

e17 wrote: He’s genuinely gone a bit Bo Selecta, hasn’t he? Bodged face lift?

We sit quite close to the dugouts and when it got a bit frustrating before half time, we was studying his boat race in quite a lot of depth

Strangely fascinating

Like David Attenborough, studying a newly discovered breed of toad.
mumbles87
Has liked: 55 likes
Total likes: 935 likes

Post by mumbles87 »

steps wrote:So the Cardiff fans didn’t like the stadium but they’re all posting selfies in front of the ground and pitch-side views etc on their personal Twitter accounts. :?
aren't the pictures taken before the game?

plus our stadium may be "awful" inside and lifeless etc .. but outside its actually pretty decent to look at
Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing
Has liked: 342 likes
Total likes: 362 likes

Post by Clacton-ammer »

Outside it looks superb, go past it enough times on the train, just when you get inside to watch the game you love it all goes very wrong...
BondsoBob
Has liked: 573 likes
Total likes: 519 likes

Post by BondsoBob »

A good solid home win. Everyone must be pleased with that. :thup:
Deepster
Has liked: 60 likes
Total likes: 31 likes

Post by Deepster »

https://www.whufc.com/news/articles/201 ... tell-story" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Have to say the work experience PR intern, did quite well with this show reel.
Coops
Has liked: 442 likes
Total likes: 573 likes

Post by Coops »

Having watched the highlights on MOTD I do think it was a penalty, OK a bit soft but Marko did barge him from behind, which was a bit silly as he was going away from goal.

Also there is no way their goal should have stood, can you imagine if it was de Gea being blocked off like that? You wouldn't hear the last of it.
IG8Hammer
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by IG8Hammer »

Balhamite wrote: I sit in block 216 (next to the away fans). It was us singing 3 Lions to them (as well as giving the fat lad plenty)
Ah, fair enough. That makes a lot more sense and was what I had thought at first (that it was us singing).

From the other side however it sounded like it was their lot.
sutts07
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 539 likes

Post by sutts07 »

I'm down in 112 next to the away fans, they started singing 'It's coming home' presumably in an attempt to mock English fans... our lot sang it back to them after they missed the pen and then after each goal too.
S-H
Has liked: 5738 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

sutts07 wrote:I'm down in 112 next to the away fans, they started singing 'It's coming home' presumably in an attempt to mock English fans... our lot sang it back to them after they missed the pen and then after each goal too.
Brilliant.
sutts07

Post by sutts07 »

DasNutNock wrote:Cardiff manager Neil Warnock: "I don't know how we lost the game, let alone 3-1. I called Manuel over and said 'how are we losing 3-0?' And he said: 'I don't know - where to start Neil'.
I'm assuming that is what Manuel actually said. Warnock just heard the first bit.
Estuary
Has liked: 276 likes
Total likes: 116 likes

Post by Estuary »

[quote="Wompa1"]Cardiff manager Neil Warnock
"I don't know how we lost the game, let alone 3-1. I called Manuel over and said 'how are we losing 3-0?' And he said: 'I don't know' "

I sit near the dugout and "Colin" got in the ear of the 4th official all evening, every time decisions went against him, nearly all fair he was raving. And as E17 says, he looks like he has been mummified.
Ironing Board
Has liked: 2082 likes
Total likes: 1791 likes

Post by Ironing Board »

Clacton-ammer wrote:Outside it looks superb, go past it enough times on the train, just when you get inside to watch the game you love it all goes very wrong...
I truly is a wonderful stadium. Athletics stadium, that is!
Hampshire Hammer
Has liked: 2429 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Post by Hampshire Hammer »

Coops wrote:Having watched the highlights on MOTD I do think it was a penalty, OK a bit soft but Marko did barge him from behind, which was a bit silly as he was going away from goal.
Agreed, at the time I was one of many shouting for offside but on watching it on TV I can see that 3 others were offside but the guy who was fouled wasn't. It was "clever" play in that he shielded the ball and stopped running, causing Arnie to run into his back, then the guy fell over to make sure the ref noticed. A soft one to give away.
Coops wrote: Also there is no way their goal should have stood, can you imagine if it was de Gea being blocked off like that? You wouldn't hear the last of it.
Having watched it on TV I can't believe that in this day and age the officials didn't give a foul as keepers are normally a protected species.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Post by Colours never run »

Coops wrote:Having watched the highlights on MOTD I do think it was a penalty, OK a bit soft but Marko did barge him from behind, which was a bit silly as he was going away from goal.

Also there is no way their goal should have stood, can you imagine if it was de Gea being blocked off like that? You wouldn't hear the last of it.
I shouted Penalty in real time and that Arnautovic was a div for making such a clumsy challenge like that in our box with the player heading away from goal.
Beavis Danzig
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 733 likes

Post by Beavis Danzig »

didn't have any doubt it was a penalty. everyone around me was up in arms but i just slumped into my seat and waited for the inevitable whistle.
johnnyb
Has liked: 31 likes
Total likes: 65 likes

Post by johnnyb »

Beavis Danzig wrote:didn't have any doubt it was a penalty. everyone around me was up in arms but i just slumped into my seat and waited for the inevitable whistle.
Right in front of us Defo a pen. But why was Arnie 'defending' in our box anyway? Keep out in future please Arnie. Save your energy for the other end of the pitch.
Hampshire Hammer
Has liked: 2429 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Post by Hampshire Hammer »

Beavis Danzig wrote:didn't have any doubt it was a penalty. everyone around me was up in arms but i just slumped into my seat and waited for the inevitable whistle.
I don't think that anyone near me doubted that it was a penalty, most thought that the guy was offside.
sutts07

Post by sutts07 »

Hampshire Hammer wrote: I don't think that anyone near me doubted that it was a penalty, most thought that the guy was offside.
They had two or three standing offside in the middle of the box but Hoilett came from outside the box and was played on by 4 or 5 of ours as the header came forward.

Clumsy from Arnautovic but Hoilett didn't need a lot of asking to go down. Hopefully learnt our lesson ahead of Zaha's visit this week.