Little things that irritate you

Anything goes in The Snug, General Discussion's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity where any subject not covered elsewhere may be discussed. Well, anything except golf, Star Wars and Arsenal.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Kludgehammer
Has liked: 170 likes
Total likes: 200 likes

Re: Little things that irritate you

Post by Kludgehammer »

In fairness, he's never actually described the fragrance before - it could have been flowers, it could have been pig poo, but as it turns out...
Hummer_I_mean_Hammer
Has liked: 941 likes
Total likes: 479 likes

Post by Hummer_I_mean_Hammer »

mixture wrote:
Basically, treated electricity as a luxury of modern life and dealt with it when it wasn't available.
TBF, if it wasn't for the fines, compo, etc. we'd still probably be suffering the same these days.
Blow Bubbles

Post by Blow Bubbles »

So one of my cats pretty much disappears for hours, every day from late morning to early evening. Thought nothing of it and assumed he was outside in the garden or someone else’s for years.

Found out from a door to door salesman today that he is spending his time in the house over the back! Bloke asked the woman their if she had any pets and she said, ‘no, but this cat visits me’. The silly bint is obviously letting him in her house but not just that, she is obviously feeding him as he hardly eats at home now!

She knows his name, and my name and address as it is on his collar and referred to it. I wanna go round there and kick off about how he has a home, and food... But I’m afraid I’ll lose my ****, am I overreacting?
-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 837 likes
Total likes: 4952 likes

Post by -DL- »

^^^ I'd embrace it dude. It's costing you less money in food, less fur in your house, and you still get to see the moggie of an evening.

It's kind of a win-win.
fmgod
Has liked: 50 likes
Total likes: 145 likes

Post by fmgod »

Cats are going to cat! If they can get more food, if it's warmer, they feel safer, they'll do it naturally.
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1788 likes
Total likes: 2073 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

What on Earth gave you the impression you own a cat?

Dogs have owners, cats have staff
mushy
Has liked: 640 likes
Total likes: 843 likes

Post by mushy »

Clearly the cat prefers your neighbors house to yours.
Samba
Has liked: 2484 likes
Total likes: 895 likes

Post by Samba »

That's a real tricky one.
Years ago, before I can remember, a neighbour started feeding our cat (probably better food) & my mum & sister were not very happy about it. They were even less happy when the lady moved & took the cat with her..
In this case, you can't really stop the cat doing what IT wants to do BUT, I do think your neighbour is being a bit out of order. Yes, she may enjoy a cat visiting her every day but she has no right to feed what she knows is somebody elses cat. It's clearly not a stray. Will she enjoy paying its vet bills as well? All the fun of a cat, with none of the responsibility.
It depends on you, really. You say you have another cat(s) so if you can live with the idea, let it go. The cat may be enjoying being in an environment where it is the only cat.
If you can't, go round there & politely ask that she stops feeding it, as it's not fair on you, as its owner.
Greatest Cockney Rip Off
Has liked: 338 likes
Total likes: 728 likes

Post by Greatest Cockney Rip Off »

Blow Bubbles wrote:So one of my cats pretty much disappears for hours, every day from late morning to early evening. Thought nothing of it and assumed he was outside in the garden or someone else’s for years.

Found out from a door to door salesman today that he is spending his time in the house over the back! Bloke asked the woman their if she had any pets and she said, ‘no, but this cat visits me’. The silly bint is obviously letting him in her house but not just that, she is obviously feeding him as he hardly eats at home now!

She knows his name, and my name and address as it is on his collar and referred to it. I wanna go round there and kick off about how he has a home, and food... But I’m afraid I’ll lose my ****, am I overreacting?
:lol: you think you "own" a cat ... that's the funniest thing I've heard in ages.

Mate, they own you. You just don't know it.
Blow Bubbles

Post by Blow Bubbles »

Lol. So basically, the general consensus is the cat is gonna do what he’s gonna do. I get that, but she doesn’t have to feed him does she.

To be fair, he always come home in the end. I guess I’ll just have to live with him being a bit of a slag.
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

Blow Bubbles wrote:Lol. So basically, the general consensus is the cat is gonna do what he’s gonna do. I get that, but she doesn’t have to feed him does she.

To be fair, he always come home in the end. I guess I’ll just have to live with him being a bit of a slag.
Neighbours feeding your cat is a pain in the barse. Ours even has DO NOT FEED on his collar, because the vet told us he's overweight and told us to feed him some special "fat b*stard" cat biscuits. I'm sure they all think they're being helpful and like his company (he is, to be fair, a great cat - loves people, very friendly etc) but they're making him unwell.
Samba

Post by Samba »

DasNutNock wrote: Neighbours feeding your cat is a pain in the barse. Ours even has DO NOT FEED on his collar.
He takes it off when he goes visiting...
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2437 likes
Total likes: 4293 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

Tooth/jaw pain.

Surely they should have invented some fantastic replacement for teeth by now instead of wasting their time on things like rockets to Mars and 5G?
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2437 likes
Total likes: 4293 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

Greatest Cockney Rip Off wrote: you think you "own" a cat ... that's the funniest thing I've heard in ages.

Mate, they own you. You just don't know it.
Ours just gave us his insurance bill - £90+ a month.

The direct debit has been stopped and we've already been told we've signed the little bugger's death sentence.

I pay for his food and then walk around cleaning his **** up afterwards because he can't be bothered to go to the garden anymore. What kind of fool am I?
delbert
Has liked: 699 likes
Total likes: 698 likes

Post by delbert »

The mirror in our bathroom that makes me look rather roundish........
Samba

Post by Samba »

delbert wrote:The mirror in our bathroom that makes me look rather roundish........
Bloody faulty mirrors. I must have the same make..
Hammer1972
Has liked: 57 likes
Total likes: 213 likes

Post by Hammer1972 »

delbert wrote:The mirror in our bathroom that makes me look rather roundish........
Turn it round 90 degrees.
Etonhammer
Location: Laid on the floor seeing 'Jesus saves' painted by an atheist nutter
Total likes: 24 likes

Post by Etonhammer »

You as well.......

I think someone broke in during my late 30's and installed one of those circus mirrors !!
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 1978 likes
Total likes: 1466 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

The ups and downs of customer service. 1 good one to 10 absolute arseholes.
Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing
Has liked: 342 likes
Total likes: 362 likes

Post by Clacton-ammer »

westham,eggyandchips wrote:The ups and downs of customer service. 1 good one to 10 absolute arseholes.
Way too many times I think companies have forgotten the art of customer service, like you, so many bad experiences outweigh the good.