FAC3: West Ham Utd 2-0 Birmingham City (05/01/19)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Ozza
Has liked: 944 likes
Total likes: 2362 likes

Re: ⚽ West Ham Utd v Birmingham City: match thread

Post by Ozza »

Richard Bluenose wrote:Fair comment mate, I presumed he's just coming back as he was so far off the pace :thup:
and you're totally right
HammerMan2004
Has liked: 498 likes
Total likes: 1275 likes

Post by HammerMan2004 »

Richard Bluenose wrote:Fair comment mate, I presumed he's just coming back as he was so far off the pace :thup:
You’re right though! And I’m glad somebody other than us has pointed it out!
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Post by Colours never run »

f*** me they were ****.

And f*** was it cold at **** o'clock to watch the football! No wonder fans struggled to sing, I know I did with this wretched cold at the minute.

Still an amazing attendance considering what time KO was in the middle of winter in the freezing cold against Championship opposition. :thup:
norfolk_hammer

Post by norfolk_hammer »

First match for since the first season at Stratford, had a great day out with my daughter, caught up with some family there, had a few beers and a Balti pie. Match was so-so, good to get the early goal but Marko going off changed our approach and the atmosphere too as the play was a bit disjointed, and defensively we still look shaky at set pieces and crosses. Diangana was good as was Antonio and Rice. Andy’s miss will be played a few times on telly would imagine. Have seen worse matches at the Boleyn, Wigan night game and Middlesbrough cup game come to mind, but it’s still great to watch my team wherever we are.

Good win though and looking forward to the draw for the 4th round.
Samba
Has liked: 2484 likes
Total likes: 895 likes

Post by Samba »

norfolk_hammer wrote:Good win though and looking forward to the draw for the 4th round
..until we draw Man City away.
richneal
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia. 5,000 miles from goal.
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 12 likes

Post by richneal »

Richard Bluenose wrote: :thup:
How was your day? Thoughts on the match?
Richard Bluenose

Post by Richard Bluenose »

Had a cracking day thanks mate, went to the Bow Bells for a couple before the game and back after,proper old pub by way. Enjoyed the game, wasn't a classic but hard fought and enjoyable, thought the young kid for the Hammers looked promising and I wasn't too disappointed with the result. Good luck for the rest of the cup :thup:
Samba
Has liked: 2484 likes
Total likes: 895 likes

Post by Samba »

Richard Bluenose wrote:Had a cracking day thanks mate, went to the Bow Bells for a couple before the game and back after,proper old pub by way. Enjoyed the game, wasn't a classic but hard fought and enjoyable, thought the young kid for the Hammers looked promising and I wasn't too disappointed with the result. Good luck for the rest of the cup :thup:
Thanks Rich, we'll need it!
Good luck in your promotion drive. :thup:
richneal
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia. 5,000 miles from goal.
Total likes: 12 likes

Post by richneal »

Richard Bluenose wrote:Had a cracking day thanks mate, :thup:
Cheers - from the sound of it you had a better day of it than many on here! All the best for the rest of the season
Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing
Has liked: 342 likes
Total likes: 362 likes

Post by Clacton-ammer »

Job done, next round, happy days :scarfer:
kitthehammer
Has liked: 74 likes
Total likes: 303 likes

Post by kitthehammer »

Happy enough with the result but it confirmed that we are still shockingly bad in defence and still need a strong ball playing defensive midfielder. Our balls out from defence, both Diop and Ogbonna, were appalling. And we need to start playing for 90 mins not 30.
HighWycombeHammer

Post by HighWycombeHammer »

Plenty of good and could do better in the game but nice to make a few changes and still looked comfortable. Never thought that we would not win.

In previous years we would struggle or lose that game... 'we're not West Ham any more'.
Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham
Has liked: 232 likes
Total likes: 2570 likes

Post by Burnley Hammer »

Ozza wrote:it's minutes under the hood that counts though, not how many appearances he's had.

He's always taken a while to get up to full speed when coming back from injury, I thought 5 games (full games), someone yesterday said nearer to 8
I think a lot of it is psychological... when he first starts playing again, I think he has the fear that he might get injured again. As much as his injuries annoy me, it's not like he actually wants them. It must be on his mind that he could break down again any time. After 5 - 8 games, he gets lulled into a false sense of security, ups his tempo and starts throwing himself a bit more whole-heartedly into everything. Then he breaks down again.
rigoberts song
Has liked: 77 likes
Total likes: 331 likes

Post by rigoberts song »

Anybody else get mixed up in things at the railway bridge where it got a bit frisky with the Brum fans ?
funny to see our chavvy wannabe hoolies run into their proper mob faced to face.
Forced us to take a big diversion round my missus found it a bit scary.
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1785 likes
Total likes: 2071 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

rigoberts song wrote:Anybody else get mixed up in things at the railway bridge where it got a bit frisky with the Brum fans ?
funny to see our chavvy wannabe hoolies run into their proper mob faced to face.
Blimey! How big is your missus?
sxreject1
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by sxreject1 »

rigoberts song wrote:Anybody else get mixed up in things at the railway bridge where it got a bit frisky with the Brum fans ?
Must have missed that by mins, we were walking down the hill along side the train lines away from westfield, all I saw was scummy little brummies gobbing at people and giving it the biggun', I hope our 'chavvy wannabe hoolies' didnt get covered in gob, disgusting scummy c****.

Didnt see them running towards us so it must have been over in seconds.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Post by Colours never run »

The Brum lot really are a classless bunch of cowardly knuckle draggers. I remember them hiding in dark back streets launching bricks from a safe distance when being frog matched by the WM old bill. Longer they remain in the lower reaches of the divisions the better...
ballantine
Has liked: 1254 likes
Total likes: 229 likes

Post by ballantine »

Johnny Byrne's Boots wrote:Blimey! How big is your missus?
This had me in stitches :lol:
psychoscoredthelot
Has liked: 79 likes
Total likes: 201 likes

Post by psychoscoredthelot »

yes - they were coining us from the higher road at carpenters bridge - bloke next to me got one in the head.
then they attacked scarfers & women and kids - i sheltered a family and there were quite a lot of our lot there but all the scarfers panicked and ran and then our lot started calling the escapees out as cowards

it then kicked off for another 5 to 10 minutes until OB on horseback split it up - the stewards are ****ing useless and there was definitely no communication with OB as they carried on letting families out in tranches where there was trouble
DaveWHU1964
Has liked: 1300 likes
Total likes: 676 likes

Post by DaveWHU1964 »

Johnny Byrne's Boots wrote:Blimey! How big is your missus?
:lol: