Andy Carroll

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Ozza
Has liked: 943 likes
Total likes: 2391 likes

Re: Andy Carroll

Post by Ozza »

yup more minutes under the hood, touch look better, full length strides....
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 855 likes
Total likes: 2020 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

Decent performance from Andy today.
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 144 likes
Total likes: 2406 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

He was comical at times and still miles behind ball when we had the ball.wide but he put a shift in so fair play
Smonnie
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Smonnie »

Kept his head despite their defence climbing all over him. Closed out the game well.
Swiss Pauli
Has liked: 435 likes
Total likes: 163 likes

Post by Swiss Pauli »

Did his job, but we also played more to his strengths. Carrollball a reasonable option until the end of the season.
MorthwylMawr
Has liked: 402 likes
Total likes: 48 likes

Post by MorthwylMawr »

Thought he did well today, obviously didn't pose a threat to goal :wink: but he contributed well in other aspects
Whufc06
Has liked: 122 likes
Total likes: 373 likes

Post by Whufc06 »

I absolutely **** myself every time he looks to pass the ball back or across the pitch.
wolf359
Has liked: 1591 likes
Total likes: 1740 likes

Post by wolf359 »

MorthwylMawr wrote:Thought he did well today, obviously didn't pose a threat to goal :wink: but he contributed well in other aspects
He is so deep, like he has been watching Rooney in his latter years. Playing attacking midfield most of the time.
stu1
Has liked: 669 likes
Total likes: 1036 likes

Post by stu1 »

Whufc06 wrote:I absolutely **** myself every time he looks to pass the ball back or across the pitch.
:lol:

Same here.

I thought he did ok today in terms of closing out a game

That being said there was one point in about the 70th min Anderson was on the break about 20 yards behind Carroll and Carroll just stood still, when Anderson arrived in a good crossing position Carroll was nowhere to be seen.

His movement is just strange.
Beavis Danzig
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 775 likes

Post by Beavis Danzig »

i'm not ever sure what sort of footballer he is now, but i still preferred ending the game with him on the pitch over arnie. sentimental tart that i am.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1985 likes
Total likes: 1660 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

NBC commentary team said in general "he's finished at this level, had his day, great player etc. etc. " but summed it up perfectly..

was either Lee Dixon or Graeme Le Saux...
jaybs
Has liked: 21 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by jaybs »

Arnie will Go! so we have to replace quickly! sorry but Andy is not going to be good enough to replace him, that was made clear once again! long time since I have seen one of our players have to attitude that Arnautovic had today, they get paid well, and we pay a lot of money to watch, he did not seem interested from the kick off, and his wave to us showed his feelings! sad end!!
richneal
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia. 5,000 miles from goal.
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 12 likes

Post by richneal »

Cuenca 'ammer wrote:NBC commentary team said in general "he's finished at this level, had his day, great player etc. etc. " but summed it up perfectly..

was either Lee Dixon or Graeme Le Saux...
Yeah, had the same feed, it was Lee Dixon. Interestingly the NBC feed I get for prem games consistently offers me more genuine insight and analysis than the Beeb or Sky. Best of the English-language broadcasters by a country mile. And it was interesting cos between the six commentators at the game and at the studio they raved about practically every one of our players today with the exception of Arnie and Carroll. Go figure.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1985 likes
Total likes: 1660 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

I like the NBC crew(s) and the two Robbies are excellent..that Kyle whoever comes across a bit smarmy..

but I do prefer it when both Robbie Earle and Mustoe are together which isn't that often unfortunately.
goingunderground
Has liked: 39 likes
Total likes: 42 likes

Post by goingunderground »

It’s all a bit sad now isn’t? Spends the whole game like a bank hostage.
leyton Hammer
Total likes: 25 likes

Post by leyton Hammer »

is it just me? he looks lost, off the pace and nothing like a Premier League footballer, he just seems to get in the way, personally I would give him away!
The Moth

Post by The Moth »

goingunderground wrote:It’s all a bit sad now isn’t? Spends the whole game like a bank hostage.
At least he acted professionally and gave everything he could for the team, more then can be said for some. Thought Carroll did a good job today :thup:
Croydon
Location: This club is not run like a circus any more; it's run like a proper football club.
Has liked: 343 likes
Total likes: 613 likes

Post by Croydon »

Was great when he came on today, did everything asking of him and won every ball. Chased very well too.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6759 likes
Total likes: 2352 likes

Post by Colours never run »

Loved the bit keeping possession by taking the piss a bit in the middle before laying it off nearly to the defence. Did what was asked of him when he came on and did it well.

He frustrates the hell out of me, because I just know when he's wheeled out on to the pitch, I know I'm gonna like what I see. It's just the injuries that remind me why it's probably time to call time on him being here. Really am torn over him who also happens to come across as a decent fella.
fmgod
Has liked: 50 likes
Total likes: 134 likes

Post by fmgod »

He is finished but he is utterly victimised, last few games anyone goes near him, rubs their own head goes down gets a free kick, utterly ridiculous.