Marko Arnautovic

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

e17
Has liked: 280 likes
Total likes: 940 likes

Re: Marko Arnautovic Signs

Post by e17 »

Gary - honestly mate I’m only interested in what people are like on the pitch while playing for WHUFC

I couldn’t care less what Paolo or Arnie are like off of it. I’ve no interest in any of the Hollyoaks stuff.

It’s of course a bonus when players like Sir Trev have been gents off of it too, but I’ve done work for one of our all time legends, who in person came across as an unpleasant & greedy self obsessed braggart (to be polite)

Didn’t change the fellas goalscoring record or standing on the pitch though

Arnie has been a decent player for us.
CBHammer

Post by CBHammer »

If he goes - replace him!

If he doesn't - I'll be right behind him

Today..? He closed down & whined when others didn't. He does this every game

He had some fantastic touches, bought others into play, caused defenders problems.

For me, he had his usual performance. Would have been interesting to see reaction if he did score

The wave? Couldn't give a sh**! Yeah he could be off, he may not, it may have meant a million and one things :asleep:
It's all opinions, but if you compare performance to usual, I didn't see a lot different. Do I want him to leave? No.

I will support this little Austrian sulker until he no longer plays for West Ham United! He's a player that if he plays for another team you hate him!

He sulks when it doesn't go his way, always has, always will. It makes him the player he is. IF he didn't he wouldn't be the same player. As long as he wears the West Ham badge I will support him.

He hasn't done a Payet.... Yet at least!

The club are the ones in control! If he does want to leave get a replacement, and turn the page! More exciting times ahead than whether he will stay or not!! :crest: :scarfer:
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2424 likes
Total likes: 2636 likes

Post by sendô »

It's all moot though at the moment, surely?

No-one has bid near what the club value him at - not that they've let slip what they value him at - yet Marko is acting like he's gone before the next game? :eh:
Smonnie
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Smonnie »

He will retire with us.
brothernero
Has liked: 702 likes
Total likes: 717 likes

Post by brothernero »

Smonnie wrote:He will retire with us.
Wish I was still a betting man, would be easy money.

No he wont.
The Moth

Post by The Moth »

If Arnie goes I'd happily thank him for his time here and will be disappointed as anyone to see him go, my only worry on him would be his fitness of late. He's been a great player for us , scored goals and produced some great moments. He's a fantastic striker who's plays a crucial role in our side and has been at the forefront of what is shaping up to be one of the best West Ham sides for a generation. It's a perfect fit , West Ham is the right club for him and the fans have always shown him love, the team is perfectly set up for him and he's got a fantastic manager to work under.

And despite all this it seems he wants to go to China. What a terrible waste of a footballer if it does happen, the rumours must have some truth if he wants to go there at this stage of his career, the money must be the most important thing right now for him. I have no problem with any player wanting to leave , for whatever reason they wish , it's their life and their careers and I'd wish any player leaving us luck. However the way this has been handled by him has been appalling . His brothers comments , waving to people in the boxes during a corner, his attitude and sulking during a massive home London derby, its totally unacceptable and disrespectful to the club in my opinion, a club that has been very good to him. There's ways of doing things and the fact that the other players in our squad ( including all our subs) show such a good commitment , team spirit and professionalism just makes Arnie's attitude stand out even more.

I'd still continue to support him should he stay but he'd need to have a proper look at himself after the way this last week has been handled from his end. If he does want to go then we should set our price , I'd say £50 mill in the current market, and refuse to sell for any less. If he doesn't get his move and kicks up a fuss leave him out of the squad. No player is bigger then the club and I'm confident we have the right manager to set those kind of standards. As much as we are lucky to have him, he's lucky to have us , the fact that people still cheer him on from the stands today after his brothers comments and his sulking says a lot about the respect and love our supporters have for him. Whether he stays or goes he (and his brother) needs to start showing West Ham the respect the club deserves, IMO.
clawhammer
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 20 likes

Post by clawhammer »

If Arnie leaves this team to go to China he must be nuts. We will survive and prosper without him but better for both parties if he stays.
Samba
Has liked: 2484 likes
Total likes: 895 likes

Post by Samba »

Georgee Paris wrote:So we had Tevez and all the stuff that went with that business and it cost West Ham the best part or £30 million and no threats were made... there’s the possibility of a threat made and West Ham are potentially losing out on another £25 million (if Arnie is worth 60 million) Payet everyone and his dog valued at 50 million.m and we sold for half. The Boleyn ground sold for half its value. What else. Something stinks.
Is it David Sullivan?
Samba
Has liked: 2484 likes
Total likes: 895 likes

Post by Samba »

goingunderground wrote:Something is rotten in the state of Denmark.
Austria, mate.
Bonzos4Lagers
Has liked: 30 likes
Total likes: 23 likes

Post by Bonzos4Lagers »

Arnie - see you later.

We all love the club. Just asking, if we played for West Ham United would we not run ourselves into the ground at practice? What would we give or would have given to play in the first team? Would we not bust a gut in games? Would we not celebrate like a madman if we scored for the club? Would we not sign shirts with our name on it and give them to kids? Would we not give advice to youngsters in the club who look up to us? Would we not thank the kit man, the tea lady, the groundsman? Would we not appreciate the fact that good working people paid good money to watch us play on the team that we loved? Would we not ask how we could improve? Would we not be aware of the legacy of Moore, Bonds, and Brooking? Would we not see claret and blue and think . . . could there possibly be a better combination of colours? Would we think I'm going to work my hardest to stay here and retire here as an icon and a legend alongside so many great icons and legends?

Or would we reveal ourselves to be shallow mercenary dogs? That's the choice. Simple as. See you later, Arnie. Be careful what you wish for.
mrbluesky

Post by mrbluesky »

Reminds me of that time the multimillion Prince wrote SLAVE on his face.

Some people really have lost all perspective of how “poorly” life is treating them.

Just be honest and say you want to leave for the money, then go. Stop playing games.
The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2642 likes
Total likes: 1747 likes

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

Just when we're managing to put the best team we've seen at West Ham in decades together there's a huge chance that we might see one of its biggest components being allowed to leave - 35m won't be enough to replace Marko , we'd need to spend upwards of 50m to sign someone of his talent .
Despite not being involved so much today he still showed some sublime touches - now we have Nasri helping out in midfield we're looking pretty darned good , he was ice cool at times today laying one on for Anderson then for Rice to score .
I sincerely hope a solution can be found so that Marko remains at West Ham .
HammerMan2004
Has liked: 500 likes
Total likes: 1275 likes

Post by HammerMan2004 »

I’d have a lot more respect for him if he did just say “this is my chance to earn £350,000 a week for two years”. I wouldn’t begrudge him going and getting that. He’ll do it, and end up in Italy or the US when he’s 32.
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 836 likes
Total likes: 1980 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

Georgee Paris wrote:Seriously - getting threatened call the police
His melon needs untwisting.
e17
Has liked: 280 likes
Total likes: 940 likes

Post by e17 »

He’s probably not reading this forum and he’s not a West Ham supporter.

I’d take the wage if I was him
Pop Robson
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 15 likes

Post by Pop Robson »

What are offering £55M over 3yrs ?

Other players will be calling his brother to see if they can get signed up

He's 29 and 3/4s, with 3.5yrs left on his WHU contract taking him to 33, plus he started **** here like he regretted signing.

Let him go ASAP save the problems
dodger
Location: Scotland / London / Japan / somewhere in between the 3
Has liked: 277 likes
Total likes: 404 likes

Post by dodger »

Pop Robson wrote: Let him go ASAP save the problems
It’s still very important we get a proper price for him.
If he leaves for th currently quoted price or only a bit more, teams will see us as an easy target to get our best players for relative peanuts compared to other teams.

Payet gets unsettled, ends up leaving for 25 million when he was one of the form midfielders in Europe.
Arnatuovic gets unsettled, ends up leaving for 35 million when he is one of the best attackers outside the top 6 and poorer players are going for much more.

We need to be tough and settle for no less than 50 million. I’d say he’s worth 60-70 million in the current climate but you probably have to knock a little off given the circumstances.
Pop Robson
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 15 likes

Post by Pop Robson »

True,

but if he don't get that deal he'll be a nightmare with I can understand and wouldn't blame him

£55M for 3 yrs !!! Could he just pay off his off contract ?
stu1
Has liked: 658 likes
Total likes: 1024 likes

Post by stu1 »

Pop Robson wrote:True,

but if he don't get that deal he'll be a nightmare with I can understand and wouldn't blame him

£55M for 3 yrs !!! Could he just pay off his off contract ?
His current contract is worth roughly £21m, I highly doubt he wants to pay that off. In any case he would need the money up front, which he won’t have.
Last edited by stu1 on Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 836 likes
Total likes: 1980 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

Is the window the same for Chinese investors?

Must they have signed him before the end of the month?

For me, something is going on, but I reckon what we've heard so far is as much likely to be an effort to flush out other more local interest, than it is a formal bid from a club that has the funds to both pay for him and then pay him an upgrade on what he is presently earning.