Mark Noble - West Ham Legend 500 up

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Re: Mark Noble - West Ham Legend

Post by Colours never run »

He's so clever on the ball and in certain situations. The amount of times he makes sure he wins a free kick to relieve pressure and take the heat out of the game..

We laughed our b*llocks off in the BML when he was playing with the ball lying on the deck shielding it from the Arsenal defenders struggling to kick it away from him resulting in a timely free kick in their corner. :lol: He knows exactly what he's doing and you can almost see the West Ham cogs turning in his head as if it were any of us out there trying to play it smart getting the ref on our side.
Smonnie
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Smonnie »

It's fantastic watching him come deep to show for the ball for the centre halves, and then carry the ball forward or pick a pass out to the wide areas.

A truly deep-lying playmaker. A true captain. A true club legend.
The Moth

Post by The Moth »

He was superb today, love watching him have some proper players to link up with. Long may it continue :crest:
Georgee Paris
Location: The Amazing Adventures of Wicked Willy & Fearless Steve
Has liked: 496 likes
Total likes: 1038 likes

Post by Georgee Paris »

He’s like Billy Bonds really.
goingunderground
Has liked: 39 likes
Total likes: 42 likes

Post by goingunderground »

My love continues to grow. Always a crucial component of a good win.
Whufc06
Has liked: 122 likes
Total likes: 367 likes

Post by Whufc06 »

Love the way he keeps shoving it down the doubters throats. Keep it up Nobes :crest:
Doc H Ball
Has liked: 917 likes
Total likes: 1919 likes

Post by Doc H Ball »

He’s been written off more times than a Greek tax return.

Loved how he wound up their 31 by the corner flag.
Swindon Iron
Has liked: 54 likes
Total likes: 20 likes

Post by Swindon Iron »

Was excellent today great captains performance and I think he’s going to enjoy playing with Nasri
leyton Hammer
Total likes: 25 likes

Post by leyton Hammer »

Mark has won me over again! Doubted him at the beginning of the season, plus was pissed off with his reaction around Burnley at home last season. I went to Everton away and he started that game abysmally but grew into that match, helping us to win and has preformed well since, He was very good today. I think he has had a lot of unwarranted stick from us (myself included) but im glad he is West Ham and will miss him when he retires
Gsbgsb
Has liked: 316 likes
Total likes: 749 likes

Post by Gsbgsb »

Today he was the link required, he and Rice are so much better than either he and Obiang or Rice and Obiang as they compliment each other so well. This season for me has generally been a return to form closer to that of the last season at the Boleyn rather than the last couple of years.

He is getting no younger however and I suspect is less able to play 2 games a week. He has in essence come off a weeks rest. He deserves his deal and is an excellent option to have but in my view if we can get a younger, quicker player who can do the same role overall we will be stronger.

Looking forward to next year Rice, Sanchez, Noble, Nasri ( if he continues to perform and we can structure a suitable deal as he has been excellent so far), Anderson, Yarmolenko, Lanzini, Snodgrass, Wilshere, Diangana especially were there to be a couple of quality additions is an excellent set of midfield and attacking midfield options.
Pop Robson
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 15 likes

Post by Pop Robson »

Old no legs doing good again, the way he plays now, he can go on like Sheringham did and play past 40

Left foot needs work :scarfer:
Morocco Mole
Has liked: 3648 likes
Total likes: 2334 likes

Post by Morocco Mole »

Emery didn’t do his homework. Generally speaking if you want to stop West Ham you stop Noble. Give him time and space he will boss a game. Against anyone. Personality and passing technique in unison.

It’s no coincidence he tends to thrive against the better teams that come to play and don’t think they have to really worry about him. ‘He’s slow and small and only passs sideways and backwards.’ Yeah OK...

On the flip side it’s a big part of why he and we often struggle against the mid table also rans. They get it. Jump on Noble and you stop West Ham. See Burnley. Joey Barton even said it....’Noble is so important to West Ham but we knew if we stopped him they’d fold’.

Like I’ve always said if he had another yard of pace and an inch or two more height he’d have 50 caps. As it is at 30 years old he’s sill good enough to teach Arsenal, Manure and Chelsea a lesson.

Old school proper footballer on half of Arnie’s bunce. Marinate on that for a minute....
bowltorious
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 25 likes

Post by bowltorious »

Mark Noble shutting all the idiot West Ham fans up again.......shock.
Patito

Post by Patito »

Morocco Mole I think you’ve sussed it :thup:
Beedub
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Beedub »

Such a better player when he doesn’t earn himself a stupid yellow inside the first 15 minutes of the game.
Clucking Bell
Location: Make piss ..... check ..... crossed arms .... check .... wife hates me ... result!!
Has liked: 119 likes
Total likes: 126 likes

Post by Clucking Bell »

I think you've nailed it Moley. The top teams don't think he's worth stopping and the bottom teams can't stop him. However, to use a (American) football analogy, he's still our quarterback and teams with fairly smart managers, Howe, Hughton, Dyche etc. know how to shut us down.

To be fair though, I think that both Snodgrass and Nasri could fit into the same role pretty well and against those teams that pack the midfield, you really need Rice and Obiang and Noble in the middle and forgo one of the creative options.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Post by Colours never run »

Smonnie wrote:It's fantastic watching him come deep
:shock:
rottiel

Post by rottiel »

Another good game for the skipper
hammerman11
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 744 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

nobes played well. we looked balanced and had strength down the left side with a new cresswell and Anderson getting stuck in. means nobes doesn't have to get over that side to cover so much.

WELL PLAYED SKIPPER. WE HAVE ALL SLAGGED HIM OFF FOR POOR PERFORMANCES SO CREDIT WHEN CREDIT DUE
jaybs
Has liked: 21 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by jaybs »

Mark was superb yesterday! his positioning was good, he seems such a strong influence on players like Declan Rice, Our Manager seems to be really getting the best out of him.