Marko Arnautovic

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 137 likes
Total likes: 2357 likes

Re: Marko Arnautovic Signs

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

e17 wrote:He’s probably not reading this forum and he’s not a West Ham supporter.

I’d take the wage if I was him
Would you really though?
Would you not prefer to play in a big historical league in front of passionate fans, with a chance of getting a move to a bigger club?
Would you really want to go and play in a footballing backwater where you are pretty much forgotten about?

The best players don't go and play in China
goa127
Has liked: 440 likes
Total likes: 290 likes

Post by goa127 »

prophet:marginal wrote:Is the window the same for Chinese investors?

Must they have signed him before the end of the month?

For me, something is going on, but I reckon what we've heard so far is as much likely to be an effort to flush out other more local interest, than it is a formal bid from a club that has the funds to both pay for him and then pay him an upgrade on what he is presently earning.
My thinking entirely. You wonder if the agents are contacting chinese clubs and saying 'I can get you so-and-so if you make a bid now'. Then once the club say 'no not enough' the player is unsettled and other clubs come in with bids. Arnie's brother reminds me of the Anelka family.
Cellar-door
Has liked: 10 likes
Total likes: 298 likes

Post by Cellar-door »

Crouchend_Hammer wrote:
Would you really though?
Would you not prefer to play in a big historical league in front of passionate fans, with a chance of getting a move to a bigger club?
Would you really want to go and play in a footballing backwater where you are pretty much forgotten about?

The best players don't go and play in China
I mean, I think his feeling is that he can go there for a year, maybe year and a half, make more than he's made in his entire career, and come back and still play in a big league. I mean he has no real connection to England or West Ham, and the wage difference reported is a staggering amount of money. Might be worth his while to take the money short term, then take a paycut to get into the squad of an Italian side in the summer of 2020 to try and win a title.
Jumby
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 35 likes

Post by Jumby »

That stupid league has been f**king with football.
Hugh Jargon
Has liked: 170 likes
Total likes: 475 likes

Post by Hugh Jargon »

I think arnie has played his last game for us. As long as the purchasing club stump up the asking price. He wants the money and we wont deny him.
Finance aside it's a terrible move for him. We have made him into a world class CF. As opposed to a decent winger at Stoke.
Aztec Hammer
Has liked: 866 likes
Total likes: 4270 likes

Post by Aztec Hammer »

Jumby wrote:That stupid league has been f**king with football.
The Premier League.
Morocco Mole
Has liked: 3648 likes
Total likes: 2334 likes

Post by Morocco Mole »

Georgee Paris wrote:Can not believe for a second that someone earning what he is earning and such a high profile couldn’t get his security sorted.
It don’t add up. Consider who Sullivan (allegedly) has behind him. And then there’s the fact that he’s a ****ing Serb.......with dough. :eh:

I can well believe there’s a problem.....the bit I don’t believe is that the only solution is to bolt to China.
Beedub
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Beedub »

Let’s not kid ourselves

If anyone of us on here were offered double our wage to work a **** load easier in our last few years before retirement whilst also helping our sibling get rich 99% of us are taking it everyday of the week.
djbubbles
Has liked: 166 likes
Total likes: 114 likes

Post by djbubbles »

I personally think he owes us to stay til the summer and be fully commited til then. Get us to Europe or win us the cup. He'll still be worth the same if he performs well.
He arrived as a good wing forward for 20 odd million. He was cack when he 1st came and didnt perform for Bilic.
Moyes and West Ham turned him ( maybe by accident ) into that 50 million player that has the potential to move and earn mega mega bucks, by playing him as a centre forward where he has got better and better. He'd be a 15 million player if he stayed here playing as a wing forward and sod all would want him with his attitude.
Arnie loves the club my arse. Arnie loves money
Discobar

Post by Discobar »

djbubbles wrote:I personally think he owes us to stay til the summer and be fully commited til then. Get us to Europe or win us the cup. He'll still be worth the same if he performs well.
He arrived as a good wing forward for 20 odd million. He was cack when he 1st came and didnt perform for Bilic.
Moyes and West Ham turned him ( maybe by accident ) into that 50 million player that has the potential to move and earn mega mega bucks, by playing him as a centre forward where he has got better and better. He'd be a 15 million player if he stayed here playing as a wing forward and sod all would want him with his attitude.
Arnie loves the club my arse. Arnie loves money
Your last sentence is exactly why i would like him gone as quickly as possible. 50 mil.and f*** off
mushy
Has liked: 640 likes
Total likes: 844 likes

Post by mushy »

danm79 wrote:We will see one of 2 things, his brother make a statement and say he was wrong or Marco will have a new agent before January is out
I am absolutely certain neither of these things will happen.
Benny the Ball
Has liked: 57 likes
Total likes: 7 likes

Post by Benny the Ball »

If Marco can get someone to pay him £250k a week as opposed to the money he is on at the moment then I see nothing wrong with that, he is looking after himself, his family (including his brother) and his future. Very few people in life anywhere are any different to this.

What is wrong here is that it seems his brother has negotiated a transfer fee and player salary that suits him and the player, not the selling club.

If its £35MM, then Marco's wage is significantly higher than if Marco were sold for £55MM. The club should be clear that they want market value, however we saw how this works with Payet and basically telling the club what is happening.

He's off, its a question of what fee we get and how we re-invest it. We need someone young and proven, Carroll, Hernandez, Perez and Silva are not in the same league. In Pelle I trust to identify the right individual.

BtB
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 759 likes
Total likes: 2943 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

Georgee Paris wrote:I think it must have gone over my head. I saw him clap and thought ‘maybe he’s off’ but that was about it. Why was it disrespectful? Because his employers haven’t accepted a bid? How do we know? How do we know what’s going on at all? Please explain why it was disrespectful because I’m a bit thick.
You've answered your own question Georgee.

I've no problem with a player wanting to leave, it's always happened in football, but how they leave does matter to me.

The traditional way was to walk in to the managers office on a Monday morning and hand him a letter requesting a transfer.The club would then decide whether or not to sell the player.

Arnie has chosen to go down a different route, agitating for a move, releasing publicly pre-negotiated prices with some overseas club which was not in his remit to do.

For him to then solicit a round of applause for himself by applauding our support was a piss take too far, he's been acting up for months and when he eventually goes he should do so quietly, no fanfare, no parade, just clear out his locker and cheerio.
Denzil
Has liked: 344 likes
Total likes: 492 likes

Post by Denzil »

I’m gutted to see him go as he’s an excellent player for us, however I wouldn’t begrudge him a move to a European football playing club or a club who can offer him 2/3 times his salary whilst also giving his agent brother a chunky agent fee.

I just think he’s so much better than the Chinese league. The Chinese club are reportedly offering a 4 year deal as well, so he couldn’t leave them. No one will come close to matching those wages in 2 years time, so this is effectively his retirement club.
Andytheammer

Post by Andytheammer »

Not for the first time Pinky’s got it spot on!
Hayden
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 65 likes

Post by Hayden »

We’ve had enough toxic people at this club. Undoubtedly one of the best at the club but if he’s going to sour things then accept a reasonable offer when it comes in and good riddance. It’s a shame, but we all know the player pretty much always wins in this scenario nowadays.
Ozza
Has liked: 945 likes
Total likes: 2368 likes

Post by Ozza »

Hayden wrote:We’ve had enough toxic people at this club. Undoubtedly one of the best at the club but if he’s going to sour things then accept a reasonable offer when it comes in and good riddance. It’s a shame, but we all know the player pretty much always wins in this scenario nowadays.

How much would you flog him for just out of interest?
The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2641 likes
Total likes: 1747 likes

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

I for one don't believe this Chinese League transfer , I think it's a cover up for a move to another Premier League club or a Top European one - Unless he really is facing some type of financial problem , whether it's gambling or something else and he needs the security of a Chinese move - the thing is , he's only 29/30 , he could play another three seasons in the Premiership and then move to China for the big bucks .
This doesn't feel or sound right and my mind goes back to what Thorshammer said when Marko first signed , that he didn't want to sign for West Ham and that his heart was set on Roma [ or some such club ] .
Marko's brother is trying to negotiate a cheap move to Italy / Top Prem Club via China - West Ham made him into the player he is now , no one else wanted him even at 20m .
Start the negotiations at 60m or no deal .
Hammer83
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 13 likes

Post by Hammer83 »

I agree with you TPP.

I am thinking back to around 2001 when Trevor Sinclair wanted to leave he went to the managers office and simply handed in his transfer request.He then continued to play and train and give 100% for the club ( while being booed by his own support ) and it turned out later he got called up into the England World Cup squad ( whilst being a West Ham player ) so he then realised its not so bad here and withdrew his request in the end. Shame we got relegated the following season though :D

To be honest like the Payet situation if they go it’s finding the right replacement that is the most important thing we messed that up last time! Although we got his replacement eventually in Anderson. First we must get the right price £50m with age and circumstance is fair imo then the next step is the most important must not mess up his replacement.Ideally we need the replacement to have strength / pace and to bag a few goals as his best main attributes.
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2437 likes
Total likes: 4293 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

There are a variety of whispers around.

One theme that seems to underpin them - and this applied to Rice - is that some players have been underpaid their current value, especially in comparison to oft injured or bench warmers and it has created one or two issues.