Mark Noble - West Ham Legend 500 up

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Penfold711
Has liked: 2001 likes
Total likes: 92 likes

Re: Mark Noble - West Ham Legend

Post by Penfold711 »

For someone whose legs have 'gone', he doesn't half cover some distance on the pitch. I think we do look better organised with him playing than not.
Last edited by Penfold711 on Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Whufc06
Has liked: 122 likes
Total likes: 367 likes

Post by Whufc06 »

hammerman11 wrote:nobes played well. we looked balanced and had strength down the left side with a new cresswell and Anderson getting stuck in. means nobes doesn't have to get over that side to cover so much.

WELL PLAYED SKIPPER. WE HAVE ALL SLAGGED HIM OFF FOR POOR PERFORMANCES SO CREDIT WHEN CREDIT DUE
No we haven’t. Some people realise players have bad games now and then and realise how fortunate we are to have such a top man who is one of us representing us.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Post by Colours never run »

I don't think I can be accused of slagging him off, other than that Burnley scuffle but that wasn't related to his game. I can acknowledge when he's had a bad game (which he has) without going ott.
Swiss Pauli
Has liked: 422 likes
Total likes: 155 likes

Post by Swiss Pauli »

Penfold711 wrote:For someone whose legs have 'gone', he doesn't half cover some distance on the pitch. I think we do look better organised with him playing than not.
I'm not sure that his legs have gone, but he's never been a sprinter so he can look lost against the high-intensity pressing sides, but he will keep going (unless carry a knock). Our tactical approach also needs to bear this in mind; yesterday was spot on against an arguably more dynamic Arsenal central midfield (Burnley away was all wrong).

When moved forward yesterday, he was closing Arsenal down in the last 10 as well as anyone. A true stalwart.
:crest:
neathiron
Has liked: 454 likes
Total likes: 316 likes

Post by neathiron »

Whufc06 wrote:
No we haven’t. Some people realise players have bad games now and then and realise how fortunate we are to have such a top man who is one of us representing us.
Exactly. And a player who actually cares about the club. If Noble had a better offer financially from another club, I reckon he would still choose to stay at West Ham, that's how much they mean to him. Lovely words from Declan Rice in the post match interview yesterday saying about the influence he has on him as a player. It's a no-brainer for Noble to be given a coaching role at the club when his playing career ends.
Pop Robson
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 15 likes

Post by Pop Robson »

Going to be a long long time before someone overtakes Nobes in the PL appearance records

Maybe one day we'll see Captain Declan Rice up there and closing in

Mark Noble 335 13 Aug 2005 12 Jan 2019
Carlton Cole 216 19 Aug 2006 24 May 2015
Steve Potts 204 14 Aug 1993 07 Mar 2001
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"

Don't think anyone will ever surpass Nobles PL appearance record once he's officially hung up his boots. Can see us still wheeling him out from the bench well into his 30s. Could be around 36 before he's finally sent to the knackers yard for good. I'd be amazed if Rice is still here in 5 years time, let alone over 15..
wizzo_66
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 32 likes

Post by wizzo_66 »

hammerman11 wrote: WE HAVE ALL SLAGGED HIM OFF FOR POOR PERFORMANCES
Speak for yourself :thdn:
Denzil
Has liked: 344 likes
Total likes: 487 likes

Post by Denzil »

I've never slagged him off. If he has a bad game I'll discuss that, like any other player, but to slag him off? Not a chance.
hammerleroy

Post by hammerleroy »

Colours I'll be amazed if Rice is here next season. Just watch the vultures start waving their chequebooks at the Davids in the summer. He's praised continually and there will be angst on this site when the bidding rumours start. Hope I'm wrong of course.
Mega Ron
Has liked: 170 likes
Total likes: 175 likes

Post by Mega Ron »

I've probably slagged off his poor performances.

I take issue with him not knowing that it had been 13 years since our last home league win over Arsenal.
peter49uk
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by peter49uk »

And when Carrol gets sent on he gets pushed up to hassle the oppo's back four doing Carrols running and that after an hour of the game, legs gone yeah right,
psychoscoredthelot
Has liked: 79 likes
Total likes: 201 likes

Post by psychoscoredthelot »

he was everywhere saturday
Colours never run

hammerleroy wrote:Colours I'll be amazed if Rice is here next season. Just watch the vultures start waving their chequebooks at the Davids in the summer. He's praised continually and there will be angst on this site when the bidding rumours start. Hope I'm wrong of course.
Not a chance of Rice going anytime soon. He won't be seeking to leave, the manager won't want to sell him, the Club would be more interested in maximising any potential sale of Rice well in to the future considering his age and now being under a lengthy contract.
mumbles87
Has liked: 55 likes
Total likes: 935 likes

Post by mumbles87 »

im much happier with noble in a team now he isnt a guaranteed starter

MP seems to be rotating between him and Obiang using whoever isnt playing as a sub in a last 20 mins

It clearly is working as results have shown

this is only my opinion however I believe it has made noble raise his game.. i felt when he was an auto starter he always gave 100% not questioning that I just felt he wasnt putting that 100% in the right areas.. he seems to have tidied up his game

could also be because he has Rice there able to do his defensive duties and in front of him has nasri, anderson and antonio.. it would be a struggle not to shine
Colours never run

I pretty much agree with all of that Mumbles. Think Pellegrini has been very wise to manage him properly for both his own same and the Team. I do think there's been occasions where Pellegrini shouldn't have taken him off or not started him but they've been very few and far between. Most of the time I think he's called it right with Noble.

I still notice on occasions we rarely win without him playing which is a good indicator as to how often he should be played or not during a season. When the time comes when we look a much better side winning games without him playing, is the point where I want to see much less of him. We are nowhere near that stage yet.
sutts07
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 539 likes

Post by sutts07 »

Noble is 'playing better' because for the first time in about a decade, he finally has a quality DCM in the middle with him (as well as some decent options/movement in front of him). It means he no longer has to cover the role of a DCM, CM and ACM all at the same time.

He hasn't raised his game, his legs haven't gone... he is the same old Noble, just with a bit of help in there.
Estuary
Has liked: 275 likes
Total likes: 116 likes

Post by Estuary »

sutts07 wrote:Noble is 'playing better' because for the first time in about a decade, he finally has a quality DCM in the middle with him (as well as some decent options/movement in front of him). It means he no longer has to cover the role of a DCM, CM and ACM all at the same time.

He hasn't raised his game, his legs haven't gone... he is the same old Noble, just with a bit of help in there.
Correct.
Denzil
Has liked: 344 likes
Total likes: 487 likes

Post by Denzil »

sutts07 wrote:Noble is 'playing better' because for the first time in about a decade, he finally has a quality DCM in the middle with him (as well as some decent options/movement in front of him). It means he no longer has to cover the role of a DCM, CM and ACM all at the same time.

:thup:
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1904 likes
Total likes: 1612 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

sutts

spot on....

when was the last time we had a "real" DM ?????

Parker maybe ????