Declan Rice

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

S-H
Has liked: 5736 likes
Total likes: 9652 likes

Re: Declan Rice

Post by S-H »

I bet Oxford looks at Rice, and has more than a few regrets about decisions he's made over the last 3 years.

Look at what you could've won..
claretandbluehammer
Total likes: 1 like

Post by claretandbluehammer »

The Basmati Busquets
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1976 likes
Total likes: 1657 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

I now have that picture with his name on the board in the background as my background screen saver !!!!!

:D
Polaroid
Has liked: 621 likes
Total likes: 220 likes

Post by Polaroid »

claretandbluehammer wrote:The Basmati Busquets
Like that :)

Happy 20th Birthday Declan.
When you blow your candles out and make a wish later, let it be to stand next to Nobes when he lifts the FA Cup in May.
:crest:
Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing
Has liked: 338 likes
Total likes: 357 likes

Post by Clacton-ammer »

5k, 30k, 150k or 300k a week, money did not matter one bit in his goal celebration, pure joy, what a fantastic moment for Rice & us.

I have done ok with "were you there when...." At home, sitting on my chair smiling and laughing away at watching the joy of Rice I was proper proper gutted I wasn't there to see it live.

Just a fantastic young man, and what a footballer he is becoming :scarfer:
Chicken Run Supreme
Has liked: 874 likes
Total likes: 855 likes

Post by Chicken Run Supreme »

Hawaiian hammer wrote:At this stage he is a good chance to join Mervyn Day and Tony Cottee as a winner of the Young player of the year. Worth putting a few bob on.
He is a shoe-in as far as I am concerned and would be a travesty if he didn't win. I hate to go overboard but he really is the best I've seen at this stage of his career and he will become world class within a couple of years if he continues improving at the insane rate he is doing at the moment.
davids cross
Uncle David
Has liked: 675 likes
Total likes: 1308 likes

Post by davids cross »

Chicken Run Supreme wrote: He is a shoe-in as far as I am concerned
Funny thing....

I thought about this yesterday, so looked at the betting for it.

Declan is 14-1 fourth fav.

The rules mean people like Sterling (odds on to win), Sane, and B.Silva are still eligible. You have to be 23 or under at start of the season for PFA trophy. Maybe he could win the writers one....
HammerAl
Total likes: 397 likes

Post by HammerAl »

My new favourite player. Absolute class.
sutts07
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 545 likes

Post by sutts07 »

Maybe I am just of an age now where I am going a bit soft, but that was a truly emotional moment.

His reaction, the reaction from the rest of the team, the reaction from the fans... that is what it is all about.

Well done lad, truly proud of you.
S-H

Post by S-H »

sutts07 wrote:Maybe I am just of an age now where I am going a bit soft, but that was a truly emotional moment.

His reaction, the reaction from the rest of the team, the reaction from the fans... that is what it is all about.

Well done lad, truly proud of you.
I was the same, his interview on Sky after the game as well, grinning from ear to ear, lovely moment.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6762 likes
Total likes: 2354 likes

Post by Colours never run »

What I loved about that Rice moment, in fact the whole day was the complete juxtaposition it was, to the way Arnautovic has behaved. It was the total opposite of the scale of what Football at its purist compared to the darker side of Football should be all about in a clear snapshot.

Don't ever lose that innocence Rice, or at least hang on to that feeling for as long as possible.
S-H

Post by S-H »

It also overshadowed Marko's self styled fair well, where no one was really that bothered, which is probably why he ran off down the tunnel at full time with the hump.
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 144 likes
Total likes: 2400 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

davids cross wrote: Funny thing....

I thought about this yesterday, so looked at the betting for it.

Declan is 14-1 fourth fav.

The rules mean people like Sterling (odds on to win), Sane, and B.Silva are still eligible. You have to be 23 or under at start of the season for PFA trophy. Maybe he could win the writers one....
Does the voting still take place half way through the season?

As it is players who are voting it would be very difficult for a DM to win above high profile attacking players, however much they deserved it. The vast majority of players will probably not have that much knowledge of/ exposure to Rice, whereas goals are something they will all know about. Especially if someone like Sterling has banged in a couple against them

Given young players generally break through earlier these days then in the past, they should definitely consider lowering the age limit so that the contenders/ winners are genuine breakthrough players and not just youngish established players
swash
Has liked: 141 likes
Total likes: 196 likes

Post by swash »

Best thing about the club at the moment by a country mile
davids cross
Uncle David
Has liked: 675 likes
Total likes: 1308 likes

Post by davids cross »

Crouchend_Hammer wrote: Does the voting still take place half way through the season?
I think that's still the case.

It is normally around Jan/Feb I believe.... :?
Westbourne Bill
Has liked: 130 likes
Total likes: 331 likes

Post by Westbourne Bill »

Jim White was talking about him on TS this morning and hinting strongly that from what he understands , he will very soon pick England over Ireland.

Danny Murphy correctly pointing out that competition from Henderson and Dier should not concern him.
light n bitter
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 25 likes

Post by light n bitter »

He does need a song, on soccer am he said he'd love one.
That "tubes" fella used the muller rice ad but surely some of the song writers on here can do a better job!
S-H

Post by S-H »

Westbourne Bill wrote:Jim White was talking about him on TS this morning and hinting strongly that from what he understands , he will very soon pick England over Ireland.

Danny Murphy correctly pointing out that competition from Henderson and Dier should not concern him.

Exactly, and he is already a better holding midfielder than either of those two.
rtwhufc83

Post by rtwhufc83 »

S-H wrote:It also overshadowed Marko's self styled fair well, where no one was really that bothered, which is probably why he ran off down the tunnel at full time with the hump.
:thup:
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6762 likes
Total likes: 2354 likes

Post by Colours never run »

light n bitter wrote:He does need a song, on soccer am he said he'd love one.
That "tubes" fella used the muller rice ad but surely some of the song writers on here can do a better job!
He's here, he's there, he's everyfuckingwhere, Declan Rice