Little things that irritate you

Anything goes in The Snug, General Discussion's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity where any subject not covered elsewhere may be discussed. Well, anything except golf, Star Wars and Arsenal.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

delbert
Has liked: 698 likes
Total likes: 697 likes

Re: Little things that irritate you

Post by delbert »

Opening up me annual tax summary only to find that for some bizarre reason I've been paying Scottish Income tax for the year, meaning I'm £60 worse off. That isn't the worst of it though, the bit that irritates me is that I've been funding Salmon while he was rubbing off Sturgeons knoblet.........
FreeWheeling
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 28 likes

Post by FreeWheeling »

DasNutNock wrote:Speaking of work, there's a bloke "hot desking" in the empty desk next to me today. He appears to be unable to concentrate unless he jiggles his leg, which is causing my desk to vibrate. I'd ask him to stop, but I suspect breaking his leg at the knee would be a more satisfactory solution.
Ask him if he has found a way of having a leg ****, loud enough so others hear, that will stop him
WHU Independent
Has liked: 1637 likes
Total likes: 506 likes

Post by WHU Independent »

]
DasNutNock wrote:Speaking of work, there's a bloke "hot desking" in the empty desk next to me today. He appears to be unable to concentrate unless he jiggles his leg, which is causing my desk to vibrate. I'd ask him to stop, but I suspect breaking his leg at the knee would be a more satisfactory solution.

Ask him if he has found a way of having a leg ****, loud enough so others hear, that will stop him
Commonly know round here as "Joe Strummer Leg."
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2424 likes
Total likes: 2634 likes

Post by sendô »

In the news today, 4 kids have died in a house fire.

As if that's bad enough, BBC news has published pictures of the kids. Why do we need to see pictures of the kids? Is it not common decency to not use dead kids pictures to get extra hits on your news website?
S-H
Has liked: 5738 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

There's a VW advert on Radio X at the moment, about a February sales event..

The ****ing woman voicing the advert says Febuwwuwry and it does my nut in!!

Now, are they being clever, because I remember every ****ing word of that advert now.. or is it just me?

Just me.. ok..

chigwells finest
Location: crying with family/crying with strangers & just crying tbh
Has liked: 391 likes
Total likes: 158 likes

Post by chigwells finest »

my son was involved in a 10mph shunt last september , had no issues with admitting it was his mistake .

has a letter in from 3rd party insurers claiming nearly 19k in damages :-0 , we had about £200 of damage to our car which we paid for , he hit a audi a5 in rear quarter . i am lost for words .
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

chigwells finest wrote:my son was involved in a 10mph shunt last september , had no issues with admitting it was his mistake .

has a letter in from 3rd party insurers claiming nearly 19k in damages :-0 , we had about £200 of damage to our car which we paid for , he hit a audi a5 in rear quarter . i am lost for words .
Rental car hire costs, probably.
Samba
Has liked: 2484 likes
Total likes: 895 likes

Post by Samba »

chigwells finest wrote:my son was involved in a 10mph shunt last september , had no issues with admitting it was his mistake .
Car insurers: Complete & utter, pisstaking c**ts. They seemingly are allowed to get away with so much.
chigwells finest
Location: crying with family/crying with strangers & just crying tbh
Has liked: 391 likes
Total likes: 158 likes

Post by chigwells finest »

if you saw the damage to the other car 4/5 days at most . its no wonder insurance costs are so high
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2424 likes
Total likes: 2634 likes

Post by sendô »

Car insurance = government sanctioned rip off tax.
Rocketron
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 50 likes

Post by Rocketron »

My wife had the same. She was the second stationary car at a roundabout, saw there was a good chance to get out as there was nothing on the right. Unfortunately the Mercedes in front of her hadn't moved so she tapped it.
The driver even claimed she suffered lower back pains due to my wife hitting without stopping.
my wife's insurance company took for gospel what the Merc driver said despite my wife giving a different story and photos of the Merc in which you couldn't see any actual damage.
Samba

Post by Samba »

Rocketron wrote:My wife had the same. She was the second stationary car at a roundabout, saw there was a good chance to get out as there was nothing on the right. Unfortunately the Mercedes in front of her hadn't moved so she tapped it.
The driver even claimed she suffered lower back pains due to my wife hitting without stopping.
my wife's insurance company took for gospel what the Merc driver said despite my wife giving a different story and photos of the Merc in which you couldn't see any actual damage.
You do wonder if what the Merc did was deliberate..
ereford ammer
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by ereford ammer »

People who only put empty milk containers in the fridge :x
chelmsfordhammer91
Has liked: 867 likes
Total likes: 569 likes

Post by chelmsfordhammer91 »

When I worked in insurance fraud as an investigator we had a case where two Bentleys had a collision. Both were stored at a unit at a cost of 250 quid a day whilst both claimed for like for like hire at around 400 quid a day until they got the insurance pay off. The total claim was amazing as it was 650 per party per day for about two months.

Fortunately for the insurer, as I was the intelligence researcher I found it coincidental that both parties were Facebook friends for four year period prior to the 'accident' and not only were they cousins, but the unit the cars were stored at was another cousin's land so his business was claiming that part of the fee. Also, the like for like hire cars in the meantime was another cousin's hire car business. Turned out through a surveillance agent I dispatched there that the hire cars were both the original cars with different plates! (Checked the VIN which matched the originals etc.).

Safe to say the circa £80,000 claim between them (excluding injury claims totalling around 10k each and damage to vehicle at around 30k each) were dropped when our firm's solicitor provided my report to their 'solicitor' (again, charging 200 quid a day whilst this went on and was another cousin!).

I believe the parties involved ended up with a custodial sentence for fraud.

If anyone gets involved with a RTA, take photos of the damage, the other party's driving licence and try to get the police there as soon as so you have a bona fide witness to contest any future 'ailments' that are claimed.
chelmsfordhammer91

Samba - it happens all the time mate.

There used to be a big crash for cash thing where two cars drive in front of you slowly, inducing you to tailgate. The front car brakes suddenly in time with the second car (in front of you whilstnthey are in comms with the front car who they are in the act with), you crash in to the car in front whilst the front car has sped off.

By the time old bill get there etc., the driver you hit says the person in front drive dangerous and stopped for no reason before speeding off 'but they can't remember the vehicle etc.'. They then aren't to blame but you are for driving in the back of them as you should have kept a safe distance.

It's amazing how common it is in certain areas and I bet a few of you going forward will notice it being tried on you. You think some of these people are just rubbish drivers but it will piece together when another vehicle is also nearby.

Another trick used recently is to flash another driver to let them out of a junction then just plough into them. It will be their word against yours and what sane person would choose to crash into someone.

To be fair to the insurers, they are quick to cotton on to these trends and have the legal backing to fight what they believe is a scam.

The bird in the Merc will have a surveillance agent tailing them for a day or two to see if their back makes a miraculous recovery.

Anyone in a situation like this, feel free to PM me and I will provide as much knowledge and advice as I can from my experience in that field.
Shy Ted
Has liked: 453 likes
Total likes: 188 likes

Post by Shy Ted »

Back in the day drivers of cars would braked hard in front of you on purpose.

This used to be known as Florida neck, as the money you collected from the insurance company would pay for a holiday in Florida.
Samba

Post by Samba »

chelmsfordhammer91 wrote: Safe to say the circa £80,000 claim between them (excluding injury claims totalling around 10k each and damage to vehicle at around 30k each) were dropped when our firm's solicitor provided my report to their 'solicitor' (again, charging 200 quid a day whilst this went on and was another cousin!).
I believe the parties involved ended up with a custodial sentence for fraud.
If anyone gets involved with a RTA, take photos of the damage, the other party's driving licence and try to get the police there as soon as so you have a bona fide witness to contest any future 'ailments' that are claimed.
:thup:
I believe you had what they call, 'a result'!
So you'd highly recommend dash-cams, I take it?
chelmsfordhammer91

Definitely. Although I haven't bothered with one for my car as I only do about 3k miles a year so never really got round to it. If I regularly drove near known accident areas they can really save your backside for the sake of 30-50 quid.
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

I stuck a £12 dashcam in my car in 2016 and witnessed 2 crashes on my drive home from work that day. Also offered it as evidence when a blind taxi driver clipped my car (having removed the soundtrack of me swearing like a trooper).
djclipz
Has liked: 36 likes
Total likes: 43 likes

Post by djclipz »

DasNutNock wrote:I stuck a £12 dashcam in my car in 2016 and witnessed 2 crashes on my drive home from work that day. Also offered it as evidence when a blind taxi driver clipped my car (having removed the soundtrack of me swearing like a trooper).
how have you got it powered? I really can't be arsed to plug one in every journey etc etc..