Watford 1-4 West Ham Utd (12/05/19)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 836 likes
Total likes: 4952 likes

Watford 1-4 West Ham Utd (12/05/19)

Post by -DL- »

FA Premier League

Sunday, 12th May, Vicarage Road.

KO: 1500

Let's finish the season on a high!

KOYI!!!

:crest: :scarfer:
Samba
Has liked: 2482 likes
Total likes: 894 likes

Re: ⚽ Watford v West Ham United: Match Thread

Post by Samba »

Normally, away against this mob, I'd say not much chance. However, we may never play them at a better time.
To say that they are going to have one eye on the cup final, is an understatement.
Who of their players is going to risk too much?
I reckon DL's unbroken 'thread win rate' will finish the season unbeaten.(The Ladies one didn't count :wink:)
:crest: :scarfer:
Patito

Post by Patito »

I’m glad DL started this one.

I hope Rice and Anderson make it.

If they do I’m going 2-1 to us, if not, 2-2.

COYI :crest:
BondsoBob
Has liked: 573 likes
Total likes: 519 likes

Post by BondsoBob »

We will win this. Watford won't be up for it at all. Then we will all go home happy and contented thinking maybe, just maybe next season will be different.
Then it will all start again....
Last edited by BondsoBob on Sun May 05, 2019 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aaronhammer
Has liked: 168 likes
Total likes: 38 likes

Post by aaronhammer »

I remember when we played Tottenham the week before Liverpool in 2006 and the same was said about us that is being said about Watford, with minds on the final. Whilst it may happen they’re professionals and would probably prefer going in with some momentum. Let’s just hope we don’t have any lasagne on Saturday...

I’ve lots of friends and family who are Watford having grown up nearby in Hemel so it’s always a special game for me and one we’ve unfortunately had the worst of in recent years. After Tottenham it’s probably the next one I really want to win.

Oh and I’ve been offered a cup final ticket in the Watford end by multiple people, I can’t believe they’re struggling to sell tickets!
hammerman11
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 744 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

strongest team for one last win !

fab
fredericks Balbuena diop masuaka
noble rice Snodgrass
Antonio arnie Anderson

subs Adrian Johnson ogbonna coventry holland silva perez

no point playing obiang Hernandez as hopefully they are off soon !

1-0 hammers arnie
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

Give some of the kids a run out for ****'s sake and then we can get the barbies out. What the hell does it matter whether we win, lose, or draw ? With the Cup Final the following week, it's what Gracia will do
-DL-
Bag Man

Post by -DL- »

Puff Daddy wrote:Give some of the kids a run out for ****'s sake and then we can get the barbies out. What the hell does it matter whether we win, lose, or draw ? With the Cup Final the following week, it's what Gracia will do
Because thousands of people have parted with their hard earned to travel to and watch this and hope for a win. That's why the hell it matters.

Of course it may not matter to you watching on your laptop, but to the punters that are going, some from 100's of miles away it certainly matters.
Blow Bubbles

Post by Blow Bubbles »

Not to mention a win will put us either 9th or 10th!
e17
Has liked: 280 likes
Total likes: 940 likes

Post by e17 »

Puff Daddy wrote:Give some of the kids a run out for ****'s sake and then we can get the barbies out. What the hell does it matter whether we win, lose, or draw ?
I don’t know why I bother going to games like this one, when I could have your attitude instead Puff, and be sat in my garden, no doubt trying to avoid the rain, while preparing chicken that would be better cooked in the oven

:wink:

1-1

I’ve got this as a double header with the Harry Potter tour thingy.
Rio
Ronnie Biggs was here
Has liked: 159 likes
Total likes: 1080 likes

Post by Rio »

Puff Daddy wrote:Give some of the kids a run out for ****'s sake and then we can get the barbies out. What the hell does it matter whether we win, lose, or draw ? With the Cup Final the following week, it's what Gracia will do

Reason I go football is to see us win. That’s why. If it happens we can give the kids a go and still do that, bonus, but if not 3 points is the aim.

And those who’ve parted with their hard earned and invested time to attend deserve nothing more than seeing us go all out for the 3 points.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton

Post by Puff Daddy »

-DL- wrote:

Because thousands of people have parted with their hard earned to travel to and watch this and hope for a win. That's why the hell it matters.

Of course it may not matter to you watching on your laptop, but to the punters that are going, some from 100's of miles away it certainly matters.
Fair enough DL. Are you better now by the way ?
e17
Has liked: 280 likes
Total likes: 940 likes

Post by e17 »

-DL- wrote:Because thousands of people have parted with their hard earned to travel to and watch this and hope for a win. That's why the hell it matters.

To be fair to Puff, at least he’s also used the classic “play the kids” line to go with the “dead rubber” forum cliche bingo.

I honestly don’t know who these mythical youth sensations are that Pelboy is cruelly avoiding playing for us & that everyone else has seen so much of? but I am certain that, should he add them in with the likes of Rice & Grady, there will be at least a few that follow the inclusion up with the standard “needs to go out on loan” mantra.

He’s given Silva, Johnson & Diangana their starts this season, and it’s not been “career killing Forrest in the cup” ones - maybe he’ll have more options if the club take the u23’s plight seriously and actually realise that for the future of the club and not just BBC Three cameras, that area is as vital as the ladies team
hammerleroy

Post by hammerleroy »

It doesn't matter! My next door neighbour is a Hornet and after all it's the "Battle for tenth". He's already shoving Wembley down me throat so two defeats in a row for them will do me! Sorry Hornets!!!
-DL-
Bag Man

Post by -DL- »

Puff Daddy wrote:[
Fair enough DL. Are you better now by the way ?
No.
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2424 likes
Total likes: 2633 likes

Post by sendô »

I've got a Watford fan here at work. I didn't think they actually existed in the real world, outside of Watford or games against them.

Anyway, he's alright. I told him I'm expecting us to win by virtue of the fact that Watford have the cup final to come and their players will have half an eye on that and not getting injured/banned. He pretty much agreed.

A 9th or 10th place finish would be a reasonable return on a vastly contrasting season, and especially given where we were after 4 games, and the number of people who were calling for Pellegrini's head and to re-appoint Moyes. :lol:

Goals for Arnie hopefully, so that we can get a decent price for him in the summer and draw a line under his time here.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton

Post by Puff Daddy »

I believe Gold said pre-season, they budgeted for top ten, so if we do manage it, there can be no excuses for under investment in the summer
Paddy O'Hammer
Has liked: 508 likes
Total likes: 162 likes

Post by Paddy O'Hammer »

Can I just say that I have no idea how this match with go........................
Briggsy
Has liked: 11 likes
Total likes: 6 likes

Post by Briggsy »

Top 10 certainly sounds a lot better then bottom half. It's in our hands and Watford have a cup final coming up so won't want to risk any players getting injuries.

If we finish 10th then you can probably say it's been a good first season for Pellegrini, 11th (or lower) and it can be deemed that we haven't really made any progress. Either way I think it's been a positive first season under Pellegrini (Although very inconsistent). I think we have laid the foundation for next season & have a good core.

All that being said, I'm expecting us to not turn up on Sunday and get comfortably beat 2-0 :(
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton

Post by Puff Daddy »

Paddy O'Hammer wrote:Can I just say that I have no idea how this match with go........................

Oh go on...………… Stick it out there wee man