The new kits thread

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Cellar-door
Has liked: 10 likes
Total likes: 297 likes

Re: the New kits thread

Post by Cellar-door »

Collars on anything but once or twice a year 3rd kits isn't going to happen I'd guess. A lot of players hate them for comfort reasons, and while the appearance may be for the supporters, all the changes to materials are for player comfort and performance
HammerMan2004
Has liked: 516 likes
Total likes: 1311 likes

Post by HammerMan2004 »

Aren't we supposed to be redesigning the crest again at some point?

I'd really like to see the wording taken off it, just do the plain crossed hammers in a shield. The formatting of the wording has bugged me since it was put inside the shield and 'London' can sod off too.
Danny's Dyer Acting
Has liked: 644 likes
Total likes: 1849 likes

Post by Danny's Dyer Acting »

Wrong blue but wouldn't be surprised if that's close to what they use.

Also, no way is the Umbro logo sitting across different colours as it makes it less visible.
-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 834 likes
Total likes: 4920 likes

Post by -DL- »

If it is anything like what's doing the rounds, I think it's rank.
funky chicken
Has liked: 322 likes
Total likes: 1228 likes

Post by funky chicken »

Ex said it's like that but with different features. He confirmed he will go into more detail about all 3 kits on tonight's radio show.
HammerMan2004
Has liked: 516 likes
Total likes: 1311 likes

Post by HammerMan2004 »

funky chicken wrote:Ex said it's like that but with different features. He confirmed he will go into more detail about all 3 kits on tonight's radio show.
For an ex-employee he sure does gain access to a lot.
WCpete
Has liked: 1487 likes
Total likes: 3174 likes

Post by WCpete »

If it's going to be the chevron kit, I like this faux nike mock up a lot more than that umbro mock up.

Rio
Ronnie Biggs was here
Has liked: 163 likes
Total likes: 1094 likes

Post by Rio »

funky chicken wrote:Ex said it's like that but with different features. He confirmed he will go into more detail about all 3 kits on tonight's radio show.

Knowing him, it’ll probably have a carpet trim on the chevrons until he’s told to change his mind
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 143 likes

Post by cockney hammer »

Olympique Lyon 2019-20 Adidas Home Kit France

Olympique Lyon 2019-20 Adidas Away Kit France

Feyenoord 2019-20 Adidas Away Kit Holland

Bayern Munich 2019-20 Adidas Home Kit Germany

Shrewsbury Town Announce Admiral Kit Deal
Shrewsbury Town announced that Admiral Teamsports will be the new official kit and training wear partner from season 2019/20.

The club and Admiral have signed a two year deal with an option in what is hoped will be a long and successful partnership.

Shrewsbury Town CEO Brian Caldwell is looking forward to working with Admiral and is hopeful it will be a long a fruitful deal for both parties.

“First of all I would like to thank Errea who we have worked with over the last four seasons”, said Brian.

“With the contract with Errea coming to an end we decided it was the perfect time that we would look at other options".

“We looked at practically all manufacturers and with some due to our quantity of strip sales they will only give you a non bespoke kit which is available to everyone, and with our blue and amber colours we require a bespoke shirt"

“We looked at who was offering the best option for the club in terms of quality and also what is really important to us is production and delivery times.

“We got a really good recommendation on Admiral and were really impressed by the quality of samples they showed us, and they have been very responsive with everything that we have requested.

“We are really looking forward to working with Admiral and have signed a two year deal with an option to continue beyond that, and Admiral and ourselves are hopefully it will be mutually beneficial and long partnership.

Admiral have a proud and rich history of providing sporting wear for national and club sides for over 100 years.

“Admiral are keen to get back into the football market and a lot of people will remember the England kits made by Admiral”, said Brian.

“It is quite an iconic brand but the most important thing for me is quality of merchandise and delivery times to ensure that we can provide the supporters with what they are looking for.

Dan Drew, Director at Admiral Teamsports, said: “We are delighted to become the official kit and training wear provider for Shrewsbury Town Football Club. It is a great club with a strong heritage and we're looking forward to working with all of the Club staff over the coming seasons delivering great quality and designs for the players and fans.”
James P
Has liked: 27 likes
Total likes: 169 likes

Post by James P »

That Bayern one looks like it’s made from Quilted Andrex
funky chicken
Has liked: 322 likes
Total likes: 1228 likes

Post by funky chicken »

Ex on tonight's show said the kit is very similar to the designs that have been shown. But the blue stripes are a bit thinner.

He reckoned we may have a claret shorts and socks. Which I hope isn't true. But part of the reason is because the away kit is apparently based on the famous all white kit we wore for the 1980 FA Cup.

3rd kit is very dark blue.
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Post by cockney hammer »

3rd shirt just another way to make money wish we would just have ho,e anmnd away shirts imho
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Post by cockney hammer »

Ajax 2019-20 Adidas Away Kit Holland

Samba
Has liked: 2466 likes
Total likes: 891 likes

Post by Samba »

Just reminds me of relegation, 1978..
WCpete wrote:If it's going to be the chevron kit, I like this faux nike mock up a lot more than that umbro mock up.
S-H
Has liked: 5736 likes
Total likes: 9652 likes

Post by S-H »

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If this is what we end up with, it's a :thup: from me.
V-M
Has liked: 54 likes
Total likes: 59 likes

Post by V-M »

S-H wrote:" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If this is what we end up with, it's a :thup: from me.
Me too.

Im in the 'nothing but claret, light blue and white' camp. Can easily make 3 kits out of those colours every season and those two look amazing.
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Post by cockney hammer »

that home shirt is the dogs b*llocks i am saveing up now
chigwells finest
Location: crying with family/crying with strangers & just crying tbh
Has liked: 391 likes
Total likes: 159 likes

Post by chigwells finest »

will Admiral ( or whoever ) owns the copyright to those kits allow a blatant copy of that design ?
sutts07
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 545 likes

Post by sutts07 »

Interesting comment from ex re the claret shorts and socks... something I floated on here 12 months ago ironically.
sutts07 wrote: On a side note, how would you feel if we went full on claret for a season? Like Roma, but replace the gold with blue?

It is claret and blue, we have had home shirts like that before, and socks, plus we don't always wear white shorts now... and it would only be for one season... so I assume everyone would be cool with it??
Putting the pieces together, it could look a little bit like this...

Not sure about it myself to be honest, but the kits change so quickly these days I won't be getting too stressed out about it either way.
Last edited by sutts07 on Thu May 16, 2019 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Col Hammer
Has liked: 56 likes
Total likes: 33 likes

Post by Col Hammer »

sutts07 wrote:Interesting comment re the claret shorts and socks... something I floated on here 12 months ago ironically.

Would look a little bit like this...

Not sure to be honest, but the kits change so quickly these days I won't be getting too stressed out about it either way.
That's all very nice, but can you show it on a figure with a slightly larger waist line so we can see what it will really look like on most of us :D