Mark Noble - West Ham Legend 500 up

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1904 likes
Total likes: 1612 likes

Re: Mark Noble - West Ham Legend

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

then why did Pellers drop Antonio from the first XI in and around the Cardiff game ? against my wishes to be honest when I thought we needed him.

as a team we have scored enough. and let in too many. which is why we ended up 10th. especially from set plays we have not looked really comfortable defending them

too many performances at around 4-5 - Cardiff away, Huddersfield at home, Everton at home, Liverpool away, Spurs home in the cup, Brighton away - and you note I have given us quite a few 8/10 performance as well

so I think a 6-7/10 is a fair assessment.

Snoddy didn't score enough. Noble too. Luckily enough Anderson bailed us out but when he had that rough period when Arnie was out of sorts and out of the line up, no one else stepped up.
Danny's Dyer Acting
Has liked: 642 likes
Total likes: 1853 likes

Post by Danny's Dyer Acting »

One for the denizens of this thread and paid up Nobes fan club members - with the retirements of Rossi, Speroni and a couple of lads from Fenerbache and Chievo, it looks like Nobes will start next season as the 6th longest serving player at any tip flight club in Europe.

A pointless stay but one that shows how special his stint here is regardless of thoughts on his merits as a player.
Pop Robson
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 15 likes

Post by Pop Robson »

What can one say, old no legs must on duracells

8 different managers have picked him regular too,

A couple of games next seaon an dhe hits the Top 10 in all time WHU apperances

He'll be missed when he goes, "I never really liked him but I miss him now he's gone"
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Post by Colours never run »

What's more impressive about all Nobles appearances and longevity over the course of 14+ seasons, is he's been almost an ever present and the vast majority of those appearances have come at the top level, in the most competitive, demanding League against the fittest physical levels.

I'll always claim he's had no pace but I stand by the claim he's he's still one of the fittest around with tip stamina levels. He's one speed but he never stops and takes it easy in games. It's part of the reason why I think Pellegrini wishes to take him off occasionally because he recognises how much effort he puts in, rather than because he thinks he's often playing badly.
Longaz
Has liked: 1385 likes
Total likes: 24 likes

Post by Longaz »

Colours never run wrote:So we're all decided then, we don't replace him after all and still consider him to be a key player in our Team for next season?
I think he's been really good the last month or so but He's one of the starters in our squad that is past he's peek so naturally he's position is one we should be looking to improve. We shouldn't wait until he can no longer do a job before looking for someone else. If we bring in a young midfielder he will be able to settle in slowly as we still have Noble who can do a job. I'd give Noble an 8 for the last 6 weeks as he's put in some proper performances, but prior to that I'd give him no more than 6 and due to that CM would remain a position I'd want us to focus on this summer
Last edited by Longaz on Thu May 16, 2019 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
HammerMan2004
Has liked: 498 likes
Total likes: 1275 likes

Post by HammerMan2004 »

Needs 6 more to become our top scorer in the Premier League of all time.

We've had **** strikers.
Chicken Run Supreme
Has liked: 855 likes
Total likes: 823 likes

Post by Chicken Run Supreme »

Quite simply my favourite player since the days of Billy and Trevor, no one else comes close and yes, we will miss him so much when he hangs up his boots. I just hope he stays on in a coaching capacity with ane eye on some proper old school succession planning.
hammers92
Has liked: 317 likes
Total likes: 1748 likes

Post by hammers92 »

HammerMan2004 wrote:Needs 6 more to become our top scorer in the Premier League of all time.

We've had **** strikers.
I love that stat
brooking1966
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by brooking1966 »

goa127 wrote:Very ironic that someone who posts with the name "brooking" constantly goes on about lack of pace. Trevor (who I rate as West Hams greatest ever player) had the pace of an arthritic snail.
Spin doctors here make me laugh, lying too promote hate for my Noble opinion.

1st Please don't compare Noble to a true Legend it's embarrassing to football. Their pace is the only comparison you got ? Go find some footage, I watched him live.

Brookings main attribute, rare in those days was being 2 Footed, pace hardly matters when you have WC ability & skill. Turn either way & see the whole pitch with outstanding vision & passing execution. Physically big enough to hold possession, dictate tempo, half turn either way n spray. Why are you trying to demean Trev by comparing the 2? Your brainwashing the younger generation imo. Pirlo was a good comparison to Trev, but Trev had more size & presence imo.

2nd I never offered to fight anyone actually check you'll find Marky Mark wanted to fight me for my opinion on Noble facts! Reverse psychology 101. I'm 52 haven't had a fight for about 20yrs, your mates are liars so don't get it twisted go check posts, unless your happy in ignorance. furthermore, don't paint false pictures of what or who i am with cheap insults, again check my quotes. While your at it check the couple of posters ironically hating now who made quotes about Noble smashing my Mum on the same day she was in London for Cancer PRRT, or we gonna forget that SC**Ts. Seriously how dare you taint me with the same sh*t brush as you, be transparent with who you truly are rather than hide your stink with lies. Funny i get banned yet these KUMB members are still here.

3rd A handful of 7/10 games late season, make you forget 25+ he was dross 5/10, 38 games as Capt. favoritism stinks. He is a weak link overall imo, but you just don't see it. I don't care how long he's been here, he should be a rotation player at this stage. In fact Pelligrini is doing this to get better production from MN, from Jan, 60min sub then rest every other. Maybe thats why we saw an upturn in his form late season.
This verifys to me he ain't a starter moving forward especially as Capt, if not on the pitch. Hope he gets his badges & stays on longterm, but not on the pitch.

I wish our other passionate players like Antonio & Mas, got the same leeway as your Legend for their performances, both in my opinion more effective than MN on the pitch. The hate I've seen spewed out ironically the Noble fan club is shameful.

Last word for the haters here, ignore my posts & leave me to my opinion in peace without lying like a gang of muppets to stir up false hate!
S-H
Has liked: 5738 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

by brooking1966 on Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:04 am
brooking1966 wrote: Good for you Somerset n Ladzini remember Karma is a biatch, so continue with the sanctioned sewer talk, your both off my xmas list. Somerset I live in Bristol, let me know if you wanna chat that :thdn: to my face, so I can respond.
brooking1966
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by brooking1966 »

By brooking1966 on Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:04 am
brooking1966 wrote: Good for you Somerset n Ladzini remember Karma is a biatch, so continue with the sanctioned sewer talk, your both off my xmas list. Somerset I live in Bristol, let me know if you wanna chat that :thdn: to my face, so I can respond.
Thx these were the 2 posting about my mum & you have just found my response to their sewer talk. Go back a few posts if your interested, I don't know how to navigate here, but you will see then chuckle brothers having a right laugh at mum jokes, I don't/won't go there ever.

S-H Quick trigger, did you hope you found evidence on my behalf or your false haters? Do you care?
Patito

Post by Patito »

brooking1966 wrote:
Spin doctors here make me laugh, lying too promote hate for my Noble opinion.

your mates are liars so don't get it twisted go check posts, unless your happy in ignorance. furthermore, don't paint false pictures of what or who i am with cheap insults, again check my quotes.

but you just don't see it. I don't care how long he's been here,

I wish our other passionate players like Antonio & Mas, got the same leeway as your Legend for their performances, both in my opinion more effective than MN on the pitch. The hate I've seen spewed out ironically the Noble fan club is shameful.

10/10 for irony
Denzil
Has liked: 344 likes
Total likes: 487 likes

Post by Denzil »

Brooking1966 Most Active Topic - Mark Noble - West Ham Legend.

Brooking is CEO of the fan club.
S-H
Has liked: 5738 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

Never mind.
Last edited by S-H on Thu May 16, 2019 11:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
Chavs
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 762 likes

Post by Chavs »

What a strange thread, full of strange men, arguing other a strange situation.
Patito

Post by Patito »

cba
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

I8CHAVS wrote:What a strange thread, full of strange men, arguing other a strange situation.
YorksHammer
Has liked: 382 likes
Total likes: 1412 likes

Post by YorksHammer »

WhoScored has Noble rated as our sixth best player to have made over 30 appearances this season.

Assist leader (5 - joint with Snodgrass) and fifth highest scorer for the season.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

If it is not his job to ensure we start matches on the front foot, then who's is it ?
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Post by Colours never run »

Puff Daddy wrote:If it is not his job to ensure we start matches on the front foot, then who's is it ?
Pellegrini's. It's always the manager's ultimate responsibility to make sure the Team are bang at it from the start, if that's the tactic.