The summer transfer window 2019 thread

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Albie Beck
Has liked: 627 likes
Total likes: 655 likes

Re: The summer transfer window 2019 thread

Post by Albie Beck »

funky chicken wrote:On Ex's show it was pretty much the same targets. But a few new targets were mentioned:

- Aaron Mooy another midfileder being looked at.

- He mentioned we may target at least 1 English player as we want to boost the homegrown quota. Hence why Mooy was on the list, as even though he is Australian I believe he did come through an English academy (correct me if I am wrong);
Yes came through Man City academy. Very underrated, and has leadership qualities. Would be superior to Shelvey, imo.
umweb
Has liked: 13 likes
Total likes: 6 likes

Post by umweb »

fmgod wrote: Nope, a basically retired Defoe is averaging a better goal per game ratio than Morelos. Dembele was the one to go for from the Scotish leagues but he went last year
yeah, wish we would have tried for dembele before he went to lyon. a cheeky 45m bid would be great but he will go to one of the bigger teams I'm sure. it
Hugh Jargon
Has liked: 169 likes
Total likes: 478 likes

Post by Hugh Jargon »

Mo Diame
HammerAl
Total likes: 397 likes

Post by HammerAl »

Mooy started at Bolton and ended up at Partick Thistle or somewhere similar!

I'd probably have Diame back tbh :lol:
madhammer
Total likes: 22 likes

Post by madhammer »

Knighter10WHU wrote:Not sure how realistic it is that we can sign him either if he is playing CM for Milan at the age of 22.
Milan signed him on a pretty suspect 2 year loan deal with obligation to buy at the end of it.

The suspicion at the time was that he was signed on the loan deal because they didn't have the funds to comply with Uefa's FFP rules. They've been investigated for the last 18 months or so and a decision is still pending. But if they fail to make the Champions League this summer they may have to sell a few to balance the books as their whole business model was based on qualifying for the Champions League which is in doubt with only 2 games left to play.

Given his and Milan's situation i can see why we'd be monitoring him.
Albie Beck
Has liked: 627 likes
Total likes: 655 likes

Post by Albie Beck »

HammerAl wrote:Mooy started at Bolton and ended up at Partick Thistle or somewhere similar
Sorry - my mistake, he only went to City in 2016! Still think he's a very decent player though.
Wilko1304
Location: "Once you start complicating things the end result is less inflatables"
Has liked: 1514 likes
Total likes: 3171 likes

Post by Wilko1304 »

For those who worry that we’re the only club who let things slip and have ITKs, I’ve just had some amazing nonsense sent to me by a mate who supports Man United, including the gem “no interest in Rice as Ole wants to try Rojo at DM.”
HammerMan2004
Has liked: 511 likes
Total likes: 1308 likes

Post by HammerMan2004 »

Edimilson Fernandes' agent says he wants to stay in Fiorentina. Apparently, they have an option to make the deal permanent for £7m.
YorksHammer
Has liked: 383 likes
Total likes: 1414 likes

Post by YorksHammer »

funky chicken wrote:- Marko Arnautovic is likely to stay at West Ham this summer;
Could be the best news we get until a signing comes through the door.

How many people are getting excited about Kessie because of who he's been linked with in the past, and how many because they've seen him play recently? He's been dire at Milan.

https://forum.acmilan-online.com/showth ... 53&page=39" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Just sell him for any decent offer. He ruins more games/chances than RnB is willing to admit. I get it, he runs a lot, he is a warrior and that goes well with the fans, but he really average player with good physique
He's the Niang of midfielders.

So god damn sloppy and wasteful.,
If there is any EPL side that wants him this summer, sell him.
We dont have anyone in team that plays in his position and thats the reason we look worse without him...
Buy someone more skilled so we can play better football.
He is good at running and physical strength, that's it. No technique, passing worse than Gattuso in his days, shoot accuracy worse than Hakan, selfish, weak mentality.
Physically a beast, but seems a bit too stupid.
Few on their praising him - to be honest, reads a bit like the Noble thread on here at times. But those comments are certainly a reflection of what I've seen when watching him for Milan this season.

Had a row with a teammate on the bench during a game this season, too. Really not sure he's what we need, most of our problems are trying to keep the ball and he's not got the passing ability to make sure we keep it. He's also not got the technique or quick thinking that we are really lacking in the centre of midfield - we've got a tackler in Rice, so Kessie isn't necessary for that, he's not going to create much of anything going forward in my opinion, so why are we buying him - to run around like a loon in every match? Because that's what he's been doing recently, with no end product or discernible impact on the match around him.

I'd be happy to be proved wrong, but this feels like a 'remember that kid who everyone went nuts over two years ago? Let's sign him now he's turned out to be a bit less good than everyone thought' kind of signing.
Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham
Has liked: 236 likes
Total likes: 2572 likes

Post by Burnley Hammer »

I think Pellegrini will be considering selling a player of more value to boost his funds for the summer. I can't help but think it may be Lanzini. Some of these players on Pellegrinis wishlist are going to cost a lot of money. If he's only starting with a kitty of £30 million then I think he's going to be wanting to raise more than he's going to get for the likes of Perez, Obiang, Fernandes, and Oxford. There's no guarantee that these players are going to be shifted early either. If not Lanzini then someone else... maybe Arnie, maybe Rice, who knows. I think there's going to be a surprise though.
HammerAl
Total likes: 397 likes

Post by HammerAl »

Albie Beck wrote:Sorry - my mistake, he only went to City in 2016! Still think he's a very decent player though.
No probs! Yeah I think he's a very good player. It was strange when City signed him but they brought him over from their sister club. The same as they've done with Jack Harrison who played for Leeds last night.
Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham

Post by Burnley Hammer »

YorksHammer wrote:Really not sure he's what we need, most of our problems are trying to keep the ball and he's not got the passing ability to make sure we keep it. He's also not got the technique or quick thinking that we are really lacking in the centre of midfield - we've got a tackler in Rice, so Kessie isn't necessary for that, he's not going to create much of anything going forward in my opinion, so why are we buying him - to run around like a loon in every match? Because that's what he's been doing recently, with no end product or discernible impact on the match around him.
We have our defensive midfielder, and we have our nice passers. What we definitely lack is someone to run around like a loon for the whole match! :)

That's actually all I every remember of Behrami when he was here... running around like a loon. Seemed popular for it though.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 255 likes
Total likes: 1158 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

I can see Cresswell leaving
psychoscoredthelot
Has liked: 82 likes
Total likes: 201 likes

Post by psychoscoredthelot »

Puff Daddy wrote:I can see Cresswell leaving

do you live near the airport ?
vaz te's bonnet
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by vaz te's bonnet »

I feel we do need a bit of raw pace and power in the middle of our midfield. We have always had a slow midfield that has cost us
Knighter10WHU
Has liked: 153 likes
Total likes: 193 likes

Post by Knighter10WHU »

HammerMan2004 wrote:Edimilson Fernandes' agent says he wants to stay in Fiorentina. Apparently, they have an option to make the deal permanent for £7m.
Don't blame him, he's playing regularly over there whereas we won't take the chance and let him play alongside Rice in our first 11. How many people have been on this thread asking for a young centre midfielder who is athletic and can get around the pitch to sit with Rice? We already have 1 on our books IMO he's just never been given a chance to show it.
BR7 Hammer

Post by BR7 Hammer »

Another one here for both Phillips and Shackleton, still can’t see Mount breaking Chelsea’s side so I’d have him in for the Nasri slot in the squad

I also like Morellos but if we were just picking 1 between the 2 for back-up striker I’d opt for Maupay
Marky
Has liked: 54 likes
Total likes: 182 likes

Post by Marky »

Puff Daddy wrote:I can see Cresswell leaving

Who to? I can only think maybe Brighton ? I just don’t know who would want him
Burnley Hammer

Post by Burnley Hammer »

It's not like he never played at all though is it. Fernandes is a tidy footballer but he's not the energy packed physical presence that kessie is, or that kouyate was. He seemed to always follow an impressive match up with another where he'd be completely anonymous. I don't think he was particularly strong either. I always saw him as someone who could perhaps one day play the lanzini role. I don't know if it was because he was tall and black, but a lot of people seemed to want him to be the new kouyate, playing deep alongside Noble. He never played in that role with his old club - he was an attack minded player and his strength was his passing. I'm not sure if anyone knew what he was supposed to be as he seemed to get played in every position but the one he probably should have been played in.
Marky
Has liked: 54 likes
Total likes: 182 likes

Post by Marky »

Would Maxi Gomez more likely go to Athletico to replace Costa? They will be flush with money after their sales. It’s hard to Tell from you tube clips but he seems a little slow? That said I do trust Husillos