The summer transfer window 2019 thread

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Patito

Re: The summer transfer window 2019 thread

Post by Patito »

YorksHammer wrote::thup: Cheers Patito, and same from me to you - happy to agree to disagree.

On a related point, are Milan still struggling with FFP compliance, even with the new owners in charge? Might be that they need to shed a few players in the summer, so could lend some credibility to the rumours.
I believe so. It's all a bit murky. I think **** will hit the fan if they don't make Champions League this season (desperate for Atalanta to beat them to it!).
hammerman11
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 744 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

we need a partner for rice and our midfield often gets over run as its not quick enough or strong enough.
get the right person in and we can play two DM with 3 further forward supporting one CF
arnie lanzini and Anderson supporting Gomez should be fun to watch.
we also have Antonio wilsher and yarmolenko as back ups so we are well covered in the other midfield positions apart from rice`s long term partner. we cant rely on noble every game nor Snodgrass.
Graza

Post by Graza »

Interesting piece on the front page about us being in for strikers. My initial thought was "bloody hell we need more than just goals". Then I looked it up.

2 of the 9 teams who finished above us scored less (Watford 7th -5 and Leicester 9th -1). All of those 9 conceeded less than us (though Manure only 1 less)

Of the 10 who finished below us only 1, (Bournemouth +4 ) scored more. Only 2 (Palace 12th -2 and Newcastle -7) conceeded less.

What does that "prove" ****ed if I know but from that simple measure we finished about where we should have...
steveyrockstar
Has liked: 171 likes
Total likes: 757 likes

Post by steveyrockstar »

vaz te's bonnet wrote:I feel we do need a bit of raw pace and power in the middle of our midfield. We have always had a slow midfield that has cost us
Isn't that kinda what Kouyate and Diame added in the past?
Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham
Has liked: 232 likes
Total likes: 2570 likes

Post by Burnley Hammer »

It is, and when Kouyate left we should have replaced him with a better version. We didn't and that was a big mistake.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

Burnley Hammer wrote:It is, and when Kouyate left we should have replaced him with a better version. We didn't and that was a big mistake.
It made no sense that. It's what any other club what have done
IlGallo
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 19 likes

Post by IlGallo »

funky chicken wrote:Another thing is just because Kessie isn't god enough for them AC Milan doesn't mean he's not good enough for a club our level. :thup:
Milan are far from what they used to be, "not good enough for Milan" and "not good enough for us" aren't worlds apart.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1905 likes
Total likes: 1614 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

it's fine sticking lists and valuations on here of players we need/want to get rid of but it's finding a buyer at that price.

we might have trouble shifting some of them, might have trouble shifting them even if we could find buyers for ALL of them. selling them before we want or are able to buy our preferred choice is yet another road to cross.

were we able to get all of those who we want shot of out the door for the prices we want in the time frame we want would be the perfect storm.

I don't think all that is going to fall into line in that way. or at least that easily.
chigwells finest
Location: crying with family/crying with strangers & just crying tbh
Has liked: 393 likes
Total likes: 158 likes

Post by chigwells finest »

i dont think there will be many takers for hernandez on those wages , plus with a 10m pricetag added to boot .
Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham

Post by Burnley Hammer »

Still think there's gonna be a surprise sale....

If Gomez is worth £40m and he's still our number 1 target then that's our reported transfer budget gone already along with £10 million from player sales - so let's make that the proceeds from selling Fernandes + Oxford.

So the rest of our business is going to be reliant on the proceeds from selling Perez, Obiang, and Hernandez?

That's not much unless we can boost it by selling someone of value. They might just be able to scrape the cash together to get Maripan from that.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1905 likes
Total likes: 1614 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

I'm not even sure we could shift Hugill either......another loan on the cards I reckon.

Obiang = maybe 6-7M due to their being a short list of clubs he would want to go to and vice versa.

not as if there will be a list of suitors either for all or any of them.

we might get say over 10M for Snoddy for example but in general I don't see us shifting all of them for the money we want in the time frame we need.

some of them, I wouldn't be surprised to see still here at the beginning of the season.
Burnley Hammer

Post by Burnley Hammer »

And I really can't see anyone buying Hugill for any kind of significant figure. We're going to make a big loss on that one. He's not even worth half of what we paid.
Marky
Has liked: 52 likes
Total likes: 175 likes

Post by Marky »

Burnley Hammer wrote:And I really can't see anyone buying Hugill for any kind of significant figure. We're going to make a big loss on that one. He's not even worth half of what we paid.

Agreed. I reckon 2m maybe to a Sheff Wed type.
Denzil
Has liked: 344 likes
Total likes: 487 likes

Post by Denzil »

Burnley, regarding Obiang, Hernandez & Perez their combined annual salaries total £13.2m, plus their sell on fees, say £15m for the three of them, gives us £28.2m. Add to that AC’s annual salary of around £4m, would give us £32m in addition to any budget we have. That’s a £25m player on £100k a week.
hammer1975
Has liked: 933 likes
Total likes: 1088 likes

Post by hammer1975 »

Burnley Hammer wrote:Still think there's gonna be a surprise sale....
Posted the other day. The club has made it known that Lanzini has been offered a new contract but not yet signed which makes me wonder whether it will build up to a story about selling him as he ‘won’t sign a new contract’. Not ITK, and it may be paranoia and cynicism.

He’s probably a bit cheesed off about not making the Copa America squad too. Wonder if it was true that the club had a gentleman’s agreement with Scaloni about not playing Lanzini in the recent friendlies due to his injury return.

I think he could be a surprise sale.

I keep checking the thread in hope that the Gustavo Cuellar transfer has some truth in it and we’re buying him (at much lower than the amount quoted). The prospect of signing the player that he looked to be per YouTube and the carnage he’d create for Premier League midfields is much more exciting a thought than some of these lumbering striker targets (Mitrovic especially).
ohsnap
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 7 likes

Post by ohsnap »

not gonna lie i wouldnt be to fussed if Lanzini went for a good price, think he's vastly over rated by our fan base. Another one who looked a lot better playing alongside Payet
OohAahButler
Has liked: 561 likes
Total likes: 288 likes

Post by OohAahButler »

hammerman11 wrote:
Fernandez 10m
Hernandez 10m
oxford 3m
hughill 5m
perez 5m
cresswell 10m
cullen 3m
obiang 10m
this lot should bring in around 56m
plus 30m transfer fund gives us around 86m to play with.
5/6 players needed though

going to be tight
I'd love to be proved wrong, but I think you're being somewhat optimistic with those potential incoming fees...
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

ohsnap wrote:not gonna lie i wouldnt be to fussed if Lanzini went for a good price, think he's vastly over rated by our fan base. Another one who looked a lot better playing alongside Payet
I don't think I'd be that fussed if he went either, to be honest. He's a good player on his day, but there are too many average 5 out of 10 performances from him and he can be a bit wasteful in possession sometimes. If he can regain fitness and we can add a bit more steel around him in our midfield and get him running at defences a bit more consistently, I could be persuaded to keep him
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 836 likes
Total likes: 1980 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

ohsnap wrote:not gonna lie i wouldnt be to fussed if Lanzini went for a good price, think he's vastly over rated by our fan base. Another one who looked a lot better playing alongside Payet
Why out of interest do you use him as your avatar?
scatts
Has liked: 68 likes
Total likes: 72 likes

Post by scatts »

Add me to the list of “not too fussed” if Lanzini went as long as it was for a fair price and we used the money well. Our recruitment last season has made him far less important than he was and I’m sure there are clubs that would value him much more than we probably do.