Olympic Stadium Discussion and Questions

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

hammerman11
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 744 likes

Re: Olympic Stadium Discussion and Questions

Post by hammerman11 »

so no chance of a home game on boxing day with trains and westfield being problems.

can we not paint the white bowl claret at least it will look like our home even if it doesn't feel like it. also need to have claret seats installed.
sanchoz
Location: Founder of the Carlton Cole Fan Club - Rainham & Guildford Branch
Total likes: 11 likes

Post by sanchoz »

Big George wrote:I assume the individual wh damaged a panel is he ribman? "Careful there you might start an atmosphere"

I cannot blame how much fan blaming there is n this, if the stadium was fit for football hardly any of these issues would be a problem.
It is. He previously tweeted about the warning he received.
HammerMan2004
Has liked: 500 likes
Total likes: 1275 likes

Post by HammerMan2004 »

Big George wrote:I assume the individual wh damaged a panel is he ribman? "Careful there you might start an atmosphere"

I cannot blame how much fan blaming there is n this, if the stadium was fit for football hardly any of these issues would be a problem.
I think this is a tricky situation...a friend of mine kicks a panel in the BML...makes an atmosphere, gets the crowd going...stewards tend to sort of give him the eye and wry smile and let him get on with it.

Ribman uses his false leg to hit a panel doesn't he? That's slightly different...
sanchoz
Location: Founder of the Carlton Cole Fan Club - Rainham & Guildford Branch
Total likes: 11 likes

Post by sanchoz »

hammerman11 wrote:so no chance of a home game on boxing day with trains and westfield being problems.
Any letters/emails/other correspondence sent by a private entity (such as Westfield or West Ham United for example) to a public body (Newham Council for example) becomes a retained record of the public body and is therefore a potential subject for a freedom of information request.

Anyone can raise one through whatdotheyknow.com (where all correspondence back and forth and any attachments are made public) or the public bodies website (https://www.newham.gov.uk/Pages/Service ... ation.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; in this example, result would be emailed to person who raises the request and would be private unless they so wish to disclose in public the results).
Samba
Has liked: 2482 likes
Total likes: 894 likes

Post by Samba »

HammerMan2004 wrote:Ribman uses his false leg to hit a panel doesn't he?
Only after he's got legless..
Big George
Has liked: 133 likes
Total likes: 274 likes

Post by Big George »

Artificial grass being brought in for the baseball http://www.tribtown.com/2019/05/21/bba- ... A.facebook" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
sutts07
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 539 likes

Post by sutts07 »

Wouldn't be claret 'off cuts' by any chance would they??
reo_coker20
One line wonder
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 1 like

Post by reo_coker20 »

Big George wrote:Artificial grass being brought in for the baseball http://www.tribtown.com/2019/05/21/bba- ... A.facebook" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Typical I’m in New York that week and was thinking about watching something out there and we’ve got baseball at the bowl
E7Iron

Post by E7Iron »

In regards to the digital wrap on the outside of the OS, does anyone know why it was not installed the full 270 degrees around the stadium?

I seem to recall it being spoken about but the digital board is much smaller than 270 degrees!
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Post by Colours never run »

More lies hiding behind excuses such as the lights being too bright for local residents if apl the way around, or some nonsense like that. It should be honoured like they foolishly promised would happen.

I'm also still waiting for the 'West Ham Way' to be made of the walk up to the Stadium after Brady intimated at one point they'd try to get it approved. They all hide behind each others smoke and mirrors in delivering fewer pledges. 'Oh they won't allow us to do it blah blah'. Righto.
hammerman11
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 744 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

so far with the LS the following things have been achieved by the brady bunch
1. a few shelves put up for our beers
2. new carpet installed finally
3. they now show the live game on the concourse TVs
4. ribman is on the concourse again
5. stewards don't fight us anymore

not much in the way of improvements after 3 years at the bowl !

so for next season what will we see change at the "world class" football stadium ?

squaring off of the stands behind the goals bringing fans nearer the pitch
full wifi at the bowl
claret coloured seats instead of the white ones
increase in capacity to 66k

who knows what brady will deliver for us customers
Rio
Ronnie Biggs was here
Has liked: 159 likes
Total likes: 1080 likes

Post by Rio »

E7Iron wrote:In regards to the digital wrap on the outside of the OS, does anyone know why it was not installed the full 270 degrees around the stadium?

I seem to recall it being spoken about but the digital board is much smaller than 270 degrees!
Allegedly it would have caused ‘light pollution’ affecting local residents and wildlife thus making it unacceptable. Not that it’s deterred the MSG groups project in a far more densely populated area
HammerMan2004
Has liked: 500 likes
Total likes: 1275 likes

Post by HammerMan2004 »

Muse gig was good last night. The stadium is cracking for music acts.

Although the stop/go signs afterwards, holy cow, I thought it was bad at West Ham games...
stevenmj
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by stevenmj »

Well Matt Bellamy of Muse shouted 'this place is much better than Wembley' last night so it must be true. Strangely, standing in the middle of the pitch and looking around, the seated spectators didn't look too far away, so from a players perspective it probably ain't too bad.

And as for the £6.50 a pint sh*t Amstel being served last night it makes our match day prices look a bloody bargain. Never thought I would contemplate that idea.
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 137 likes
Total likes: 2357 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

I was in the Olympic Park today and was with my daughter playing in the Waterworks fountain which is bang outside the stadium.
Whilst the actual 90 minute part of thr ezperience itsnt great, i did actually look up at the stadium today as all these young kids were playing and think it looked fairly impressive. It certainly means lots more people et exposed to the club at a young age
Danny's Dyer Acting
Has liked: 642 likes
Total likes: 1852 likes

Post by Danny's Dyer Acting »

stevenmj wrote:Well Matt Bellamy of Muse shouted 'this place is much better than Wembley' last night so it must be true. Strangely, standing in the middle of the pitch and looking around, the seated spectators didn't look too far away, so from a players perspective it probably ain't too bad.

And as for the £6.50 a pint sh*t Amstel being served last night it makes our match day prices look a bloody bargain. Never thought I would contemplate that idea.
I saw the Foo Fighters there last summer. The whole experience from travel, to outside to the shwo itself is far better than Wembley.
Wembley1966
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 124 likes

Post by Wembley1966 »

E7Iron wrote:In regards to the digital wrap on the outside of the OS, does anyone know why it was not installed the full 270 degrees around the stadium?

It was a combination of objections about the light pollution from Fish Island and that the resolution was not high enough to attract advertisers. The light pollution argument disappeared when the lumens output got downgraded and Dept of Environment no longer objected.

The real problem was that the so-called digital wrap was just LED diodes on bits of wire that would have given a reasonable resolution from far away but anything nearer looked naff:

They then went for the largest digital screen in the Universe!
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Post by Colours never run »

Sounds about right but whatever the excuses, it boils down to yet more lies added to the list of bullshitting and razzle dazzle waffle coming from the Club. :thdn:
Georgee Paris
Location: The Amazing Adventures of Wicked Willy & Fearless Steve
Has liked: 496 likes
Total likes: 1038 likes

Post by Georgee Paris »

I was also on the pitch yesterday at the gig. Like others have said before it seems better with the seats pushed back - like it was supposed to be. But then it also felt massive. On a side note my Mrs lost her phone and we’ve had little to no luck in finding it - guess it might have been stolen.
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1787 likes
Total likes: 2071 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

An FOI request has revealed that the owners of London Stadium, the LLDC, paid Vinci £1M to buy stadium operator LS185 in January.