Filed: Saturday, 31st January 2015
By: Staff Writer
Sam Allardyce has confirmed that Diafra Sakho was prevented from featuring for West Ham at Liverpool today over fears of a FIFA backlash.
Allardyce, speaking after West Ham's 2-0 defeat at Anfield earlier this afternoon confirmed KUMB's earlier story in which we revealed that the potential threat of a FIFA sanction led to the decision to drop Sakho from today's match day squad.
ďSakho was not in our team because of the situation we are in with FIFA," he said during his post-match press conference. "While itís happening, itís not conducive to pick him. Weíll look at that as quickly as possible.
ďIf you speak to the lad, heís just concerned about being denied the opportunity to play football. But itís the rules and regulations. Itís sensible to do the right thing until itís resolved. It was a recommendation that we shouldnít pick him."
Sakho was one of four first team players to miss today's defeat, along with James Tomkins, Cheik Kouyate and Carl Jenkinson (all injured). West Ham ended the game with only ten men after losing James Collins, Andy Carroll and Winston Reid to various injuries during the match.
Senegal registered a complaint with FIFA after Sakho appeared as a second half substitute at Ashton Gate last weekend. West Ham beat Bristol City courtesy of the striker's late winner. 48 hours after West Ham beat Bristol City, Senegal were sent tumbling out of the African Nations Cup by virtue of their 2-0 defeat to Algeria.
Liverpool 2-0 West Ham United [31st Jan 2015]
Diafra Sakho dropped over Senegal fears [31st Jan 2015]
Chelsea to test West Ham's resolve with £21million bid for Enner Valencia [29th Jan 2015]
Kouyate could make Liverpool comeback [28th Jan 2015]
Sarcy Giresse hails Sakho 'miracle recovery' [26th Jan 2015]
Sakho slammed in Senegal storm [26th Jan 2015]
All eyes on number 15 [25th Jan 2015]
Bristol City 0-1 West Ham Utd [25th Jan 2015]
Sakho back for Liverpool trip, says Gold [24th Jan 2015]
comments powered by Disqus