Text  Larger | Smaller | Default


Oh yes he is - winger fee agreed

Filed: Tuesday, 13th January 2009
By: Staff Writer

The local press in Hull are reporting that West Ham have agreed a 2million fee for Luis Boa Morte.

News of interest in the former Portuguese international first emerged last week, but the reports were denied by both Hull nad the player's agent.

However this morning's local Mail claims that the two clubs have now reached an agreement, adding that the two parties are set to hold talks to discuss personal terms within the next 48 hours.

Hull manager Phil Brown - who is also set to sign Wigan's Kevin Kilbane, another left-sided midfielder - had previously denied interest in Boa Morte but was rather more forthcoming this morning when he said:

"We've made progress and things are ongoing. The clubs have agreed terms on Luis Boa Morte, we're trying to agree terms on Kevin Kilbane, on a personal front as well.

"They can't play any part in the Newcastle game because of the 48 hour ruling but hopefully Thursday or Friday will bear some fruit."

The departure of Boa Morte would leave Gianfranco Zola without a recognised experienced left-sided midfielder, although he remains keen on thrice-capped Fiorentina winger Riccardo Montolivo.

Related News

   arrow   French lead the way in West Ham imports [21st Sep 2017]
   arrow   The 20th KUMB Annual Awards - vote now! [22nd May 2017]
   arrow   On this day: 8 November [8th Nov 2016]
   arrow   KUMB Awards XVIII: polls open next week [14th May 2015]
   arrow   The KUMB Readers' Awards XVII [25th Apr 2014]
   arrow   The public gets what the public wants [17th Feb 2014]
   arrow   KUMB.com Reader's Awards XVI - 2012/13 season [20th May 2013]
   arrow   Liverpool 0-0 West Ham Utd [7th Apr 2013]
   arrow   KUMB.com Awards XV - 2011/12 season [21st May 2012]
   arrow   All change at the Boleyn as window closes [31st Aug 2011]

Your Comments

Please note that this section is for comments relating to the above news item only. Any off-topic or abusive posts will be removed. Posts including either links and/or foul language are automatically filtered and will not be published. To engage in further discussion on any of our news stories, visit the KUMB Forums.

Not a member of the KUMB Forums? You may register for free membership here.

by Stephen Paul Howlett
03:45PM 13th Jan 2009
''Good news about LBM, as far as I can see their are only three more to go - Lucas Neill, Calum Davenport and last but not least, Julien Faubert who said he wants to go to France to further his international future.

If they want him in the French team they also must be blind as well, because I watch him home and away and he must be the only attacking winger that can't go past anyone. I've never seen a player with so little confidence who wants to unload the ball as soon as he gets it. This is not a one-off rant, I have picked these players frequently as no use to WHUFC.

Keep up the good writing and a Happy New Year to all at kumb.com.''

comments powered by Disqus
News Image

On This Day ...

One Year Ago
In brief - Wednesday's news round-up
Get the very latest West Ham news in one place, with our new daily media ro...more
Three Years Ago
West Ham Utd 1-0 Sunderland
West Ham secured their first Premier League win in eight games at the Boleyn this afternoon - but le...more
Five Years Ago
Olympic Stadium decision expected this week
West Ham United's move to the Olympic Stadium is expected to be ratified later this week....more